Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

Just now, CPW22 said:

Kasper 

Simpson      Morgan          Huth      Fuchs

Albrighton    Drinkwater     Mendy   Mahrez

Okazaki 

Playing with 10 men is brave :P

2 hours ago, the fox said:

you do realise that this is a leicester forum right. so why would i be defensive about keeping the best player in the team on the starting line up. he is undroppable. love it you not. for so many factors. one is the contract negotiations. and the second is the fact that he is the current player of the season. i am not defending a scrub or a squad player. i am defending the best player on the team

No, you are defending someone who has been awful for 4 games and doesn't look interested. 

You're defending someone who is STILL messing about with his contract. 

An individual trophy doesn't make you undroppable, ever. And you are a clueless fan boy if you think it does. One player isn't bigger than our team, and never will be. 

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

No, you are defending someone who has been awful for 4 games and doesn't look interested. 

An individual trophy doesn't make you undroppable, ever. And you are a clueless fan boy if you think it does. One player isn't bigger than our team, and never will be. 

Awful for 4 games because he hasn't beaten 3 players and planted one in the top corner each game?

Awful and disinterested?.. A bit OTT

7 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Awful for 4 games because he hasn't beaten 3 players and planted one in the top corner each game?

Awful and disinterested?.. A bit OTT

About as ott as saying mahrez is the best player ever how can you drop him omg he's undroppable don't you know he was the pfa player of year!!! :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

About as ott as saying mahrez is the best player ever how can you drop him omg he's undroppable don't you know he was the pfa player of year!!! :rolleyes:

Where on earth did I say he is our best player ever and that he's 'undroppable' :huh:

;) 

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I think if we go 442 it would be unfair to drop Musa. Vardy doesn't look sharp enough yet, I couldnt imagine people keeping Musa in the team if he missed those chances Vardy did at Hull.

Vards had a mare on Saturday no doubt, but for 75 mins he looked pretty sharp to me at Wembley. All Bailly could do at times to stop him was to foul him, and he took his chance very well. 

It would be lunacy at this stage to drop your best striker because he's missed two chances ffs. 

I cannot believe it's even being suggested, hes one of the most feared strikers in the league, and not on reputation - on the goals he's scored! 

I'd also like to see                       

Kasper 

Simpson      Morgan          Huth      Fuchs

Albrighton    Drinkwater     Mendy   Mahrez

Vardy       Okazaki 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

oh boy!!. i am accused of being a mahrez fanboy for the 10th time!!!!!. listen buddy. the faster you understand the term "ace player" the quicker you get why players like hazard.sanchez and mahrez are " irreplaceable". they build a rep for themselves for being  "match winners. clutch players". thats why hazard was not dropped when he was playing poorly. (see the spurs game ) they can win you games single handedly. and atleast they can hold 2-3 defenders. they are a cut above the rest

I'm of the opinion that we may lose this one.  Chances are it will take till the 4-5th game to get up to snuff.

We have so many new players and that means it takes time to learn each other's style.  

I'm expecting a foxes talk meltdown by our next game.  I still believe Leicester will do well this season.

15 minutes ago, Marmite said:

Swap Albrighton for Gray and Mendy for King. 

3-1 Leicester :)

I can take or leave Alb but why spend £13m on Mendy to bench him and play King? a player that has proved not to be good enough at this leve

17 minutes ago, the fox said:

oh boy!!. i am accused of being a mahrez fanboy for the 10th time!!!!!. listen buddy. the faster you understand the term "ace player" the quicker you get why players like hazard.sanchez and mahrez are " irreplaceable". they build a rep for themselves for being  "match winners. clutch players". thats why hazard was not dropped when he was playing poorly. (see the spurs game ) they can win you games single handedly. and atleast they can hold 2-3 defenders. they are a cut above the rest

How many games did hazard WIN for Chelsea again? lol 

I think Claudio will go for safety first and therefore pick the same team as last season, with Mendy in for Kante. I think we'll get away with a draw, but thats only because Arsenal's defence is a shit as ours.

13 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

I can take or leave Alb but why spend £13m on Mendy to bench him and play King? a player that has proved not to be good enough at this leve

If you read it again you will see I put bring Mendy in for King. 

5 hours ago, jon1bc said:

That's it, leave the player of the year out of the team, the player who scored last match. I'm sure Andy King will do a good job

Yes, exactly as was done last year - twice, when he came back stronger and better. Just because he is player of the year doesn't mean he is undroppable. It's the classic form is temporary and class is permanent and right now the form is poor so why not give him something to think about when it's been proven to kick him back into gear

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Hazzard was dropped last season, during his spell of poor form he was coincidentally PFA Players' Player of the Year at the time 

Archived