Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

Emotions, creates the various opinions on team selection thats being posted.

Sometimes its the small changes, that can push you on..

I would go back to the original title winning back four Huth for Hernandez.

Mendy for King.I might think of throwing in an extra midfielder Armatey ,

over both  Albrighton or Gray.

Musa, Vardy, Mahrez, I would let loose again.

Its obviously Ranieris call, he'll see whos upto it over the week.

Gray/Albrighton/Shinji, I would be the last to complain, if 1-2 of these 3 get the nod.

We are at home, even if it is against our bogeyteam Arsenal.

We have to clinically take our chances , more intensity makes the difference.

Mahrez needs to want to make things happen, I want to see him be greedy in the 1st

20 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Huth please, we are shite without Huth, Mendy in, Albrighton back in, Okzaki back in.

Call me crazy but we should stick to as close to the team that won the league as possible for now, no need to rotate yet.

Exactly this.

Bring Musa on to inject a little pace in the 2nd hal

28 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Where did I say I'd drop him? I said not to put him on an undropable pedestal. There's a pretty big difference. 

People are so defensive over mahrez it's ridiculous lol

you do realise that this is a leicester forum right. so why would i be defensive about keeping the best player in the team on the starting line up. he is undroppable. love it you not. for so many factors. one is the contract negotiations. and the second is the fact that he is the current player of the season. i am not defending a scrub or a squad player. i am defending the best player on the team

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

you do realise that this is a leicester forum right. so why would i be defensive about keeping the best player in the team on the starting line up. he is undroppable. love it you not. for so many factors. one is the contract negotiations. and the second is the fact that he is the current player of the season. i am not defending a scrub or a squad player. i am defending the best player on the team

He was dropped last season. I'm in no doubt he should play against Arsenal but I don't think it would do us or Riyad any good to make him the only untouchable player in the squad.

36 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I think if we go 442 it would be unfair to drop Musa. Vardy doesn't look sharp enough yet, I couldnt imagine people keeping Musa in the team if he missed those chances Vardy did at Hull.

True but Vardy has proven himself at this level. Vardy is a confidence player and dropping him won't do him or the team any favours. 

18 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

He was dropped last season. I'm in no doubt he should play against Arsenal but I don't think it would do us or Riyad any good to make him the only untouchable player in the squad.

Mate, don't talk about dropping Mahrez while the Algerian contingent are logged on, we will all end up being branded ungrateful pig dogs who do not show love at best player ever play to Leicester. 

Going into meltdown...FFS this forum has melted..!!!!

Trying to put up a reason or reasons, to drop  Vardy and Mahrez..

After....think about this AFTER ONE GAME.

The discussion on individuals, may well have legs 6-8 games in,

but one game!!  , and dont come with the routine, I saw it coming,

or  rights to opinions. King Dick doesnt go in for defeatism opinions

before major battle plans have been layed on the table.

Early Skirmishes mean nothing...

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Huth please, we are shite without Huth, Mendy in, Albrighton back in, Okzaki back in.

Call me crazy but we should stick to as close to the team that won the league as possible for now, no need to rotate yet.

I do agree on those changes but would just add 

King can play in a 2 with drinky as long as Okazaki is playing as he adds the extra hustler/worker 

Agree on the vardy/musa points-I don't think they can play together as they both want balls in behind and there is no link up play. Kind of reminds me of a World Cup where Sven started Owen and vassell together against Sweden because vassell scored an bicycle kick in a friendly - we looked disjointed until emile came on...

fwiw is vardy is not fully fit musa should start 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Arsenal could be without Laurent Koscielny, Olivier Giroud AND Mesut Ozil for Leicester clash, Arsene Wenger admits

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/15/arsenal-could-be-without-laurent-koscielny-olivier-giroud-and-mesut-ozil-for-leicester-clash-arsene-wenger-admits-6068067/#ixzz4HOYYXHpF

Hopefully that is a good sign for City

come on Leicester  

:scarf:

4 minutes ago, polarbear said:

I do agree on those changes but would just add 

King can play in a 2 with drinky as long as Okazaki is playing as he adds the extra hustler/worker 

Agree on the vardy/musa points-I don't think they can play together as they both want balls in behind and there is no link up play. Kind of reminds me of a World Cup where Sven started Owen and vassell together against Sweden because vassell scored an bicycle kick in a friendly - we looked disjointed until emile came on...

fwiw is vardy is not fully fit musa should start 

Wouldn't say they can't play together, if Vardy had his shooting boots Musa would have made him two goals. I think it might be at the detriment of the unit to play the two of them together though.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I think if we go 442 it would be unfair to drop Musa. Vardy doesn't look sharp enough yet, I couldnt imagine people keeping Musa in the team if he missed those chances Vardy did at Hull.

I think Okazaki offers more than Musa in the early stages of the match. His pressing and the constant discomfort he creates for opposing teams is crucial to disrupting their linkage play, something that we lacked against Hull. 

For me it has to be:

Kasper

Simpson
Huth
Morgan
Fuchs

Albrighton
Drinkwater
Mendy
Mahrez

Okazaki
Musa

We saw the beginnings of a decent partnership between Okazaki and Musa in pre-season and I think they deserve a chance to play in this together. Musa has shown that he has the capability to go around a player but I think he needed to be a little more greedy on Saturday and take a few shots himself, hopefully playing him as the main striker will give him that confidence. Obviously we can then bring Gray on for Albrighton and Vards for Shinji with 30 mins to go to really terrorise the Arse's defence!

I want to see Mahrez playing out of his skin in this one, and if the rumours are true about him wanting an Arsenal move then I can see him really turning up for this one.

No knees-a-jerking from me, and there won't be even if we lose this one, we got turned over in this fixture last season and it didn't really harm our results thereafter.

9 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think Okazaki offers more than Musa in the early stages of the match. His pressing and the constant discomfort he creates for opposing teams is crucial to disrupting their linkage play, something that we lacked against Hull. 

If Vardy and Fuchs had   scored from the Musa created chances, then you would be purring over their teamwork.

Shinji was brought on, not because that partnership had failed...Vardy , Musa combination actually worked,

The final or completion of the chance, wasnt taken, and its far too early to start dropping top players on

missed chances...

Overall the team didnt click against Hull, last season we kept scoring, even when we had a few below avg games.

If Mahrez plays poorly = Disinterested, head turned, trying to push for a move

If Mahrez plays well = Desperate to catch Wenger's eye, desperate to move there

:whistle:

Also looks like Mustafi to Arsenal transfer has fallen through :D Gooner meltdown ongoing

4 minutes ago, Frontrow said:

Can I make a suggestion?  Please can we stop singing Championes until we are playing like Championes.  That was last year and as fantastic as it was this is NOW and against Hull it was embarrassing. 

lol

4 minutes ago, Frontrow said:

Can I make a suggestion?  Please can we stop singing Championes until we are playing like Championes.  That was last year and as fantastic as it was this is NOW and against Hull it was embarrassing. 

After Saturday then yeah. No way are we missing the chance to stuff that up the gooners jacksys!! 

16 minutes ago, Frontrow said:

For one year and one year only we have the trump card, whether we win lose or draw nobody has any come back to us being champions.

As disappointing as Saturday was I can't see too many changes going into this game. I wouldn't drop Vardy, I don't think dropping your top goal scorer after one bad game is the right decision. Likewise with Mahrez, assuming his head is in the right place (and only the staff and the player will know that as informed as we might think we are as fans), I think he has to start. 

I would bring back Albrighton. Poor first half vs United and I thought it was the right call to drop him at the weekend but we'll need his work rate. I'd also bring Shinji in for Musa, similar reasoning that his defensive work rate will be important for us. Mendy for King also, not sure King has done enough last two games for me.

Kasper 

Simpson      Morgan          Huth      Fuchs

Albrighton    Drinkwater     Mendy   Mahrez

Okazaki 

Vardy

Archived