Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 12:02, foxinsocks said:

This is the right place to start - Musa can replace albrighton only when he agrees to pull the trigger and stop looking to pass

Schlupp for Albrighton please. Some Arsenal players are ripe for a dose of the runaway train that is Jeff Schlupp.

I recall him clobbering Mertesacker last year forcing an early sub by Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

70% fit according to Ranieri. Absolutely ridiculous that this has been allowed to happen. Comfortable loss for me unfortunately. Fitness is a big part of our game.

I don't get why he keeps saying this. Absolute joke given we've just had a pre season.

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

70% fit according to Ranieri. Absolutely ridiculous that this has been allowed to happen. Comfortable loss for me unfortunately. Fitness is a big part of our game.

Time will tell, could just be mind games I suppose.

If they're off the pace, yeah you're absolutely right, madness to be 2 weeks into the season and nowhere near ready to compete.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Time will tell, could just be mind games I suppose.

If they're off the pace, yeah you're absolutely right, madness to be 2 weeks into the season and nowhere near ready to compete.

This was my thought....

53 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Pre season was an absolute disaster! I don't know who organised it but I wouldn't have thought Ranieri would be too pleased. Hopefully comments like this are just a way of making his point. If not you're correct, we'll lose comfortably

Fvcking ridiculous that he keeps trotting that out as if it's acceptable or a valid excuse for shit performances and results. Why the hell are they only 70% fit two weeks into the season? Completely unacceptable.

It's like going to an important meeting at work really pissed, making a complete hash of it, and then telling your boss that its fine because you'll be a bit less pissed at the next meeting.

They've got no right to charge us more than 70% of the ticket price if this is going to be the case.

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't get why he keeps saying this. Absolute joke given we've just had a pre season.

Normal Statements with many coaches, in Europe. No great issue..

It refers mainly to across the board, not just team selected ,bedding into the new season, with changes in squad, new tactics acquired and balanced fitness in prepeation including backroom staff  into the new season, including pre-season that are just kick abouts and warm ups 

Its a % level that can only be developed, by actually playing league games.

Might also be the case by teams approaching the time upto

competing in the Champions league.

Look in past where top clubs got off to flying starts then faded, some could re-adjust, and pick

up their season and runs. Getting ahead of yourself too early, even if fortune sees you getting wins,

when not quite prepaired to planned % levels.

Real top clubs sort it out, because they have a squad,

who have that extra tick of quality and form for that given season,

or you do an Arsenal and accumalate atrocious, continual injuries.

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That Champions Cup was a waste of a pre season. Much prefer 5 or 6 games against lower league clubs.

Yup. I think last Summer pretty much everyone played 90 minutes at least once or twice, It was more like 45 minutes per game this Summer and getting smashed. Liverpool for example played 9 pre-season games (I'm not advocating for the same) and you could see how fit and sharp they were against Arsenal.

I think although the club wont care because $$$, it was a mistake. 

18 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yup. I think last Summer pretty much everyone played 90 minutes at least once or twice, It was more like 45 minutes per game this Summer and getting smashed. Liverpool for example played 9 pre-season games (I'm not advocating for the same) and you could see how fit and sharp they were against Arsenal.

We also had to treat the Community shield as a competitive game, we couldn't rotate as much and we had to go through the right sort of recovery.

The ICC, the travel involved, the competitiveness of those games (and lack of possession), 3 players involved in the Euros (4 if you include Kaputska), Morgan at the Copa America, there were other internationals going on too, new signings from leagues that start later than us. It is understandable that we aren't 100% yet, and we aren't the only ones, Wenger and Koeman have both said the same thing. Another week working on fitness and match sharpness we will be better on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We have a new game on foxes forum..."lets jump to conclusions"

Mind you we have been experts at this, for years beginning of every season.

Oh well, meltdown if we lose, meltdown for the good of god, if we win.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

There are three possibilities:

1) They are actually 70% fit and he's just being honest

2) Mind games

3) Subtle dig at the owners for abandoning a proper pre-season in favour of overseas pageantry 

34 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We have a new game on foxes forum..."lets jump to conclusions"

Mind you we have been experts at this, for years beginning of every season.

Oh well, meltdown if we lose, meltdown for the good of god, if we win.

Um, well what else could it be other than pre-season? Unless our sports science team stopped giving a shit.

Archived