Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

10 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

I think the arsenal result was great for us today,the pressures more on them and wenger than us,they'll go all out which will play into are hands,I'm more optimistic now than I would be had they won

Surely you could argue the opposite? They'll be well up for it...because they lost...same as us.

On 13/08/2016 at 19:21, filbertstreet said:

kasper was a bit shit today

One bad throw.

Chopping and changing like that is not how to manage goalkeepers, especially not one who played in a title winning season making one mistake all year.

I think this will be a welcome test. If we put in a good performance and get something from the game, I think we can all relax and put hull down as a bad day at the office....however if Arsenal turn us over I will certainly be worried about what the season holds. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Surely you could argue the opposite? They'll be well up for it...because they lost...same as us.

There's no comparing expectation levels though between the 2 teams,if we lost to them,it'll be deemed a mini crisis to some,

yet if arsenal lose with the pressure wengers already under from fans,after just 2 games they'll be saying seasons over,

so they simple have to win,

were not set up to have a go,we'll invite possession and counter attack,I can see on 1 hand arsenal playing into our hands,yet on the other,our defence being opened up,

looks set for a cracking affair 

Zeiler/schmeicel

huth Hernandez morgan

Albright King mendy drink schlupp 

Vardy        Musa

3/5/2 attack then using schlupp and albrighton's ability to track back for the team 5/3/2 to defend

1 hour ago, Callabinho said:

I think this will be a welcome test. If we put in a good performance and get something from the game, I think we can all relax and put hull down as a bad day at the office....however if Arsenal turn us over I will certainly be worried about what the season holds

Errrrr.... we lost twice to them last year and won the league.

On 8/13/2016 at 23:28, brockmyster said:

I think without Kante we cannot play 442, it leaves us too exposed and Arsenal are definately a side who would exploit that, I would like to see the following:

Zieler

Simpson Morgan Wasyl Fuchs

Amartey

Drinkwater  King

Gray                             Musa

Vardy

Dropping Mahrez to the bench will hopefully give him that kick into gear. Much more balanced and musa and vardy can constantly interchange which would be a nightmare for any defence but especially a possible makeshift one like Arsenals.

That's it, leave the player of the year out of the team, the player who scored last match. I'm sure Andy King will do a good job

1 minute ago, jon1bc said:

That's it, leave the player of the year out of the team, the player who scored last match. I'm sure Andy King will do a good job

My nan could score a peno. 

Mahrez, like the vast majority of the team, has been off the pace. It took him getting dropped last year to make him start playing. Let's not big him up to ridiculous undropable proportions. 

Albrighton, Huth, Mendy and Okazaki back in for me for Gray, Hernandez, King and Musa

(Although the last call is close considering Vardy performance.)

Round pegs round holes, save Vardy's legs at 70 minutes swap for Musa, the same with Albrighton for Gray and Okazaki for Ulloa - bring King on for Mendy if we are chasing the game.

We made a Roy Hodgson style mistake against Hull, we thought "Oh isn't Musa a great player, lets put him and Vardy up front together" without giving enough consideration to the two players for each position philosophy, that's each position not messing about with the positions because there's competition for places.

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

My nan could score a peno. 

Mahrez, like the vast majority of the team, has been off the pace. It took him getting dropped last year to make him start playing. Let's not big him up to ridiculous undropable proportions. 

Mahrez looked no worse that Gray, King, Amartey etc. So why drop him and not the others?

1 hour ago, KingKante said:

Zeiler/schmeicel

huth Hernandez morgan

Albright King mendy drink schlupp 

Vardy        Musa

3/5/2 attack then using schlupp and albrighton's ability to track back for the team 5/3/2 to defend

Good luck with that, Schlupp will likely be a West Brom player.

Right, time to pretend Hull never happened.

Full house, get the behind the team and get in Arsenals faces. Okazaki, Albrighton, Huth all back in. Hopefully Mendy too.

Wish we were playing someone else though, Arsenal's technical ability had the beating of us last year. Whatever the result, hopefully we see a more intense performance.

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Where on earth did I say we should? :huh:

o-0. so you are dropping him because he was not good. and then you leave worst players in. now you can understand why some people may think that your decision is not about the football aspect of the game

Arsenal could be without Laurent Koscielny, Olivier Giroud AND Mesut Ozil for Leicester clash, Arsene Wenger admits

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/15/arsenal-could-be-without-laurent-koscielny-olivier-giroud-and-mesut-ozil-for-leicester-clash-arsene-wenger-admits-6068067/#ixzz4HOYYXHpF

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

o-0. so you are dropping him because he was not good. and then you leave worst players in. now you can understand why some people may think that your decision is not about the football aspect of the game

Where did I say I'd drop him? I said not to put him on an undropable pedestal. There's a pretty big difference. 

People are so defensive over mahrez it's ridiculous lol

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Whatever happens there's going to be a hilarious melt down on one side or the other, presuming we don't draw. 

This is what I'm worried about.

If we are down at half time or (Odin forbid) we lose the game, I fear that some of the head bangers amongst our lot will boo the players off.

That would show us right up and it never makes anything better, anyway.

No booing, please.

Archived