Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

19 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

You don't pick players 'out of interest', that's what friendlies are for. You pick the team you think is best.

Pretty long time to wait till the next friendlies though.

Fair enough though. I'd pick them because I think they're probably better than their counterparts but I'm not sure as I haven't seen them play in a competitive match :D 

37 minutes ago, halfpipe said:

His wife was giving birth.

Thanks...  I presume CR will have looked at his options: amarty/mendy to partner Drinky.  This is critical for us to sort out asap. 

Hopefully he will tell them to be more direct - earlier balls into the box.  marhrez running into the box and shooting not passing.  Musa likewise. WE need to be quicker and more direct before the centre backs get settled.  That was true in Hull and utd games.

Love how people palm stuff of as a joke when it obviously wasn't a joke.

I had people behind me at Hull shouting "get Ulloa on and bang the ball up"... He hardly wins headers, he's better with the ball at his feet.

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

Against mertsacker  and kochelny run musa ruuunnnnnn! Feed the moose and he will score! Feed the moose and he will score

That involves having someone who can pass to a blue shirt

Also, Mertersacker is injured for next few months

7 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

You're changing five players there from the opening day - we didn't play great, but Ranieri (despite his reputation) has not been one for wholesale changes. Even last year it took a few games for him to bed Kanté into a starting spot even though he clearly had something. With this in mind, I don't think he'll change the keeper; Huth should come back. Maybe Mendy gets a start ahead of King, but I'm not even sure he'll do that. I don't think he will drop a young lad like Gray, a new signing like Musa or two of our key title winners in Vardy and Mahrez just yet. 

It's good that we have some options now, but it will take time to click just as it did last season - maybe more so as I think our pre-season wasn't ideal. 

What is distressing me is reading about Gueye's debut at Everton (one of the nationals compared him to Kanté). If NG was so crucial to how we played, why didn't we get a like for like - he always seemed an obvious replacement. Mendy had better be damn good - I don't buy that he was brought in as anything other than Kanté's replacement, so he has to be up to it. 

Trouble is, you're trying the impossible in attempting to replace NG like for like. It was always going to be a difficult proposition, though I admit it does look like we're lacking defensive depth in central midfield.

King, god bloody love him, is clearly not the answer over the course of a 38-game season. We don't know whether Mendy is yet but he seems more of a passer and controller. He wasn't brought in as Kante's replacement though - that was always just tabloid nonsense. We wanted him last summer and kept on wanting him since. We still need another midfield to *actually* replace Kante.

Personally I think Ranieri goes back to Okazaki for this one. We're not going to see much of the ball and his defensive efforts might just help us have things our own way a bit. His relief work is a vastly underrated part of his game (even simply winning fouls).

I think Okazaki should start , he isn't that good in term of offensive solutions but the pressure he makes and defenders and workrate is well needed

Musa should start from the left , that's his natural pôsition 

Mendy as well needs to start , king is not good enough to be a starter 

Hernandez was awful last game , didn't like his defending at all , even in friendlies he didn't impress me , only thing good about him is the throw-ins , Huth will be here soon hopefully

The team lacked focus last game but it's only one game, next games will be so hard then CL games will kick in 

not convinced by Simpson either since lst year he offers nothing on offense and even defensively is not that good, the club should've got a decent RB

we'll see how it goes from here 

more distractions than usual for us with wages, media transfer news, real transfer news and more preseason travel than usual. Our start is bound to be affected but this group is pretty special including Simpson, Albighton and Schmeical  and we will settle in fairly quickly. Some great leaders in the club and expect a good game this weekend.

Archived