Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

I'm more than a little pessimistic about our prospects in this game which could make it 5 games lost in a row. Having shipped 12 goals in the last 4 games I think its going to be too easy for Arsenal to stroll a few goals in. King needs to go for Mendy and I'd have Schlupp in place of Grey. I'd go radical on the back line and have Fuchs, Huth and Hernandez or Simpson (Morgan has cost us the winning goal in the last two games and he didn't work well with Hernandez) as a back 3 and add in Amerty to a five man midfield which leaves Mahrez and Drinkwater some freedom to roam. I'd start Oazaki whitch leaves the only question on start for Vardy or Musa.

Without Kante we need to look at redeveloping something like a 3 5 2 which worked well under Pearson.

4 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I'm more than a little pessimistic about our prospects in this game which could make it 5 games lost in a row. Having shipped 12 goals in the last 4 games I think its going to be too easy for Arsenal to stroll a few goals in. King needs to go for Mendy and I'd have Schlupp in place of Grey. I'd go radical on the back line and have Fuchs, Huth and Hernandez or Simpson (Morgan has cost us the winning goal in the last two games and he didn't work well with Hernandez) as a back 3 and add in Amerty to a five man midfield which leaves Mahrez and Drinkwater some freedom to roam. I'd start Oazaki whitch leaves the only question on start for Vardy or Musa.

Without Kante we need to look at redeveloping something like a 3 5 2 which worked well under Pearson.

This pre season friendly argument thing is not a good one. As you rightly say, that's 12 goals conceded in a mere 4 games.

I made the point in the summer, this WILL affect confidence. For instance, you could see Kasper flapping yesterday. Compare this to the run in last season, where we simply did not look like conceding and it becomes clear. We need to stop looking like a side who can certainly score, but also concede far too readily. 

Kasper

Simpson Huth Morgan Fuchs

Amartey

Drinkwater            Mendy

Mahrez                   musa

Vardy

1 minute ago, tamil fox said:

Kasper

Amartey

Vardy

Like that 

6 minutes ago, tamil fox said:

Kasper

Amartey

Vardy

Immediately, I looked at that lineup and thought it was strong apart from two weak links... Mahrez & Vardy. Probably just me lol I'd replace Riyad with Albrighton.

i hope mahrez get dropped. it seems whatever he does he be called lazy. sure mahrez was not playing good. but saying he was lazy is just sad. he was running back a lot!!!. he dropped to the midfield to start the play (in any other team the CMs are the ones to do that). he did what he could but it seemed that nothing was going for him. he will go to the african cup of nation. and only then his contribution to the team will surface

I want to drop Simpson but we don't have another option as I think we need Amartey in Cm for this 1 the way Mahrez is playing we have 10 men so I'd leave him out too

Zieler

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey

Drinkwater Mendy

Musa Vardy Gray

Zieler/Kasper (not really bothered)

Simpson -- Morgan -- Huth -- Fuchs

Gray -- Amartey -- Drinkwater -- Albrighton

Vardy

Not looking forward to this game to be honest. Want to see much better performance(s) though. 

2 hours ago, BlueBoy1 said:

Anyone else dreading the next month of fixtures now? 

God yes!

Wish we were playing Birmingham,Huddersfield,Ipswich and Burton any day!

Nice to see there are no knee jerk reaction on foxestalk!!!

These players made history last season and gave us memories for life.

They put themselves and LCFC in the history books.

We made worldwide news.

People loved us.

The media loved us

We got praise from everyone(except Lawro!!!)

Italians came in their droves to celebrate with us.

300,000  people celebrated our history.

Lose one game and foxestalk want to belittle everything about last season.

Just remember some of the attitudes written in the last day from some posters is the same as fans of 'The big boys' skstibg little old Leicester for winning "their" Premier League title.

Hull "Out Leicester" Leicester.

We weren't on our game,shit happens-Deal with it-BUT have some respect for what these boys have done for us.

If we lose to Arsenal next week are you going to stay behind and boo them?

Shame on some of you.

Did'nt realise Morgan played on the wrong side.This can have a massive affect on a CB .So with Huth back Wes on his right side the defence will massivley improve.Just need to get Vardy and Marhrez on their game and we will give the Arse a run for their money

Everyone needs to chill. Huth being back is huge for us, remember how sh*t we were without him season before last?

Also, I wish everyone would stop slating Vardy and Mahrez. Short memories? One game doesn't make them bad players. If anything Hull did a number on us tactically, we need to get used to it.

I expect us to be pretty solid next week with Huth back and Mahrez / Vardy / Musa will get much more room

Archived