Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

My cousin was in the academy for 7 years some time back.

Tony Loughlan ( became Roy Keanes assistant manager at Sunderland ) was his coach and he told my cousin Basically were looking at young athletes to turn into footballers, I think that says it all really.

Although I believe developing talent requires many factors from the player themselves, coaches, parents and clubs philosophies.

my thought is that too many clubs stockpile potential players and that there is no patience in football, clubs want success too soon and youngsters chase the wage too much.

1 hour ago, thegaffa said:

My cousin was in the academy for 7 years some time back.

Tony Loughlan ( became Roy Keanes assistant manager at Sunderland ) was his coach and he told my cousin Basically were looking at young athletes to turn into footballers, I think that says it all really.

Although I believe developing talent requires many factors from the player themselves, coaches, parents and clubs philosophies.

my thought is that too many clubs stockpile potential players and that there is no patience in football, clubs want success too soon and youngsters chase the wage too much.

That's been going on for much longer. A scout came along to watch some school training of ours about 13/14 years ago and he was there to watch one lad and we were basically told to pass it over the top to him so he could show off his pace/running ability lollol 

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

That's been going on for much longer. A scout came along to watch some school training of ours about 13/14 years ago and he was there to watch one lad and we were basically told to pass it over the top to him so he could show off his pace/running ability lollol 

Sad state that is mate

I believe that the truth is, the first team have come such a long way in a short period of time,  that the academy just cannot in all fairness, keep up with the expectations of the footballing situation that has been created by our success.

The academy team now is expected to be at a European elite level, when in reality it is not at an elite... elite level nationally. Yes we have a top academy with many exciting prospects but within the industry there are clubs like Man city and Chelsea that will think nothing to pay £1,000,000 for a 10 year old from anywhere in the world, and at that level of financial backing, it is almost impossible to complete with the richest clubs in Europe,  when our club looking is taking the best players from our county. 

Standards will improve steadily with the academy in time as the owners investment will pay off over the years to come,  but it is a lofty expectation that we will win competitions at a national or European levels. The gap in standard will close but it's not something that can be done overnight. Personally I am pleased that the young local players get first refusal on entering the acafemy system rather than buying in.

The end goal for all young players brought in to the academy system is that they become a professional. This however is not possible for the vast majority as only a few places are available in football. I think when speaking about the academy and the people working there, you have to take in the difficulty of the challenge that is faced, as the club has grown, which is fantastic,  and the levels that the other huge rich clubs are going too, it's not that simple to look at short term results and say... Lost again. 

If I was watching a youth football match, and the ball was constantly being lumped over the top I'd be very disheartened!  What are young players learning smashing the ball? Unfortunately I see it often, and those players, even talented ones plsying under poor guidance are highly unlikely to be noticed. 

Finally and most importantly,  the academy deals with kids, many excellent footballers, who due to the nature of the industry as I have explained chances are will not be a professional,  the club acknowledges it's responsibility to be human whilst dealing with young players, but while they are learning and developing in a happy environment.

2-2 full time scored the second about 2 minutes after going behind again.

I wonder why the club don't do livestreams themselves of the U23 games, hell even put it behind foxes player instead of youtube. Im guessing though the club don't really care anymore as in the past they used to do minute by minute updates on twitter but now rarely bother.

15 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Claudio is adamant that he does not want first team players in the lower teams. Will no doubt be exceptions + players proving fitness etc.

That is his general rule and will no doubt have/will affected results. Not gone down that well in certain circles at the club

If we are to improve our academy players then they need as much exposure to the best standard of football and rather than a lot of them missing out due to the team being full of fringe 1st team players this will be better for them. The whole academy needs refreshing in my opinion, there's nowhere near enough end product given we're category A status, I hope the recruitment process of improving all age groups is as important on the agenda as is continuing to improve the 1st team.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Muskwe, Darnell Johnson & Elliot Moore have the potential to make the step up. Especially Johnson & Moore with our shortage in defence.

The talent is there plus Ulche & Martis looked promising yesterday

Not sure Elliot Moore does if im honest. Not been impressed greatly by him in a number of games. 

Harvey Barnes, Muskwe and possibly Johnson are the 3 I'd say have half a chance of playing here. Barnes looks like a mark Davies type of midfielder when I've seen him..

53 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Not sure Elliot Moore does if im honest. Not been impressed greatly by him in a number of games. 

Harvey Barnes, Muskwe and possibly Johnson are the 3 I'd say have half a chance of playing here. Barnes looks like a mark Davies type of midfielder when I've seen him..

Heard alot of good thinks about Barnes and was apparently one of our best players last night, think he is only 16 or 17 as well.

Archived