Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

Hamza did well again. He's becoming a first team regular, and for his age, in the championship, it's fairly impressive. He has fairly good ratings on whoscored, too. Hopefully he continues as such for the rest of the season. We might see a twenty year old defensive midfielder with a season's championship experience for us on the bench next season.

Are the poor results across all age groups starting to concern anyone else? We're supposed to be cat. 1, and all of our youth teams are near the bottom of the table.

I've not seen much of them this season, but previously the football has also been poor, favouring grinding out results over technical development- has there been a change in approach? 

On the plus side, I've seen a bit of Choudhury this season, and apart from a couple of wayward passes and the odd defensive lapse he looks pretty good. Callum Elder also sounds like he's doing okay for a Brentford side who are flying.

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Are the poor results across all age groups starting to concern anyone else? We're supposed to be cat. 1, and all of our youth teams are near the bottom of the table.

I've not seen much of them this season, but previously the football has also been poor, favouring grinding out results over technical development- has there been a change in approach? 

On the plus side, I've seen a bit of Choudhury this season, and apart from a couple of wayward passes and the odd defensive lapse he looks pretty good. Callum Elder also sounds like he's doing okay for a Brentford side who are flying.

Depends how far you go back when we had the likes of Gradel in there we played some decent attacking football however when I've  seen them lately, admittedly on tv they just  seem to be playing goofball probably trying to emulate the 1st team but without someone like mahrez to add some skill to the team it's very basic, boring and seemingly not very successful. I'd like to know what the overall club strategy is.

23 hours ago, ramadaone said:

New Head of the Academy due to be announced very soon

this will tell you how serious the owners are about turning the Academy around as it is a right mess at the minute

Interesting @ramadaone  Any indication of their history? PL, European, International? 

I also think the mess is partly down to the number of competitions we're involved in and the general mess academy football is in across the UK. We also don't seem to have a style we've adopted across the academy which is potentially making it harder for players to transition between the games to ultimately get to the first team. 

23 hours ago, ramadaone said:

New Head of the Academy due to be announced very soon

this will tell you how serious the owners are about turning the Academy around as it is a right mess at the minute

Excellent. Who is the current head, is it Rudkin or is he director?

Hope it is someone good and not a dinosaur.

5 minutes ago, filbertstreet said:

worked great for the kante twins last season, gerrimin

Doesn't kante have about 87 siblings anyway? All I'm saying is if we're looking for a replacement, why wander too far from the tree?

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Doesn't kante have about 87 siblings anyway? All I'm saying is if we're looking for a replacement, why wander too far from the tree?

That's what his Mum said... 

• 2 weeks later...

Ndwuku has gone a bit quiet the last 18 months or so, would love to know if he's still considered as highly rated as he was. About 3 years ago, Muzzy Izzet told me he was the best kid they'd ever seen down at Leicester which I thought was extraordinary.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndwuku has gone a bit quiet the last 18 months or so, would love to know if he's still considered as highly rated as he was. About 3 years ago, Muzzy Izzet told me he was the best kid they'd ever seen down at Leicester which I thought was extraordinary.

Heard that it's gone to his head. Lost his place in the England squad too. Been on the bench recently in development games. Hopefully he turns it around and doesn't waste his talent. 

51 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

3-1 now Ndwuku again and another stunner again.

Edit: Just going off twitter so it could just be a five yard tap in which would be amazing anyway due to the form of our youth this year.

We're a total embarrassment, Steve needs sacking, can't believe we are suppose to be a cat 1? Total Joke of a..........oh 3-1 you say? 

The one that surprised me was Panayiotou. Outscored Rashford and was winning awards now on the bench at Barrow via Raith Rovers and being released. 

Who was the last player that came through the academy and we actually sold for any decent amount? Schlupp almost to West Brom in the summer, Chilwell nearly left but can't really think of who was before. Guess it shows progress

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

High praise indeed.

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

The one that surprised me was Panayiotou. Outscored Rashford and was winning awards now on the bench at Barrow via Raith Rovers and being released. 

Who was the last player that came through the academy and we actually sold for any decent amount? Schlupp almost to West Brom in the summer, Chilwell nearly left but can't really think of who was before. Guess it shows progress

You'd understand if you met him. His ego can barely fit into a stadium

Archived