Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

If you go on Twitter you'll see Layton's 2nd from the halfway line which is ridiculous and then watch the interview with Beaglehole and his 1st is shown in that. Very interesting comments from him about Nduwku now buying in to the work ethic as hes so highly rated at the club it's been a farce he kind of drifted away for a while. Let's hope he progresses as well as they all think he can.

I would put Barnes in the first team on Wednesday and play Ndukwu from the bench. These youngsters need to know they will get chances otherwise they might as well leave like Dodoo did in the summer, gets a hatrick in a cup debut, scores against West Ham, gets one sub apperence and messes up a shot and then is never seen again, must be great for their confidence. I understand how well we were playing last season but surely we could have given him, Chiwell, Gray and Amartey more time off the bench, not only to let them develop but to also see if they are good enough if we pick up injuries. I would think if Amartey played more at the end of last season yet was putting in similar performances to now (I personally think he is a good player and better then King but im in the minority) then the club may have pushed more for a midfielder knowing he isn't quite ready for 90 minutes weekly games.

If Chilwell and Gray don't start Wednesday though then they may as well hand in transfer requests and I wont blame them as they have been under used this season (I know Chilwell has been injured but he could have played a few games after the friendlies as he was in good form)

Porto have to win don't they or at least draw. They aren't going to mess about. Why put the youngling out to slaughter, that ain't going to do them any good. Sure pick a couple for the first team and one for the bench. If we all out change by using our under 23s, then that is not going do yhem or our struggling 1st team any good.

15 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

I would put Barnes in the first team on Wednesday and play Ndukwu from the bench. These youngsters need to know they will get chances otherwise they might as well leave like Dodoo did in the summer, gets a hatrick in a cup debut, scores against West Ham, gets one sub apperence and messes up a shot and then is never seen again, must be great for their confidence. I understand how well we were playing last season but surely we could have given him, Chiwell, Gray and Amartey more time off the bench, not only to let them develop but to also see if they are good enough if we pick up injuries. I would think if Amartey played more at the end of last season yet was putting in similar performances to now (I personally think he is a good player and better then King but im in the minority) then the club may have pushed more for a midfielder knowing he isn't quite ready for 90 minutes weekly games.

If Chilwell and Gray don't start Wednesday though then they may as well hand in transfer requests and I wont blame them as they have been under used this season (I know Chilwell has been injured but he could have played a few games after the friendlies as he was in good form)

Or even start him on the bench?

Watch this space!

At this point an upgrade for some of these players into our first team might be a wake up call for the big boys to shake things up a bit ?

I've said it in other parts of this board. I'd happily see us lose against man city if Claudio sticks out Gray, Kaputska and some other of the promising lads in a different formation. I'm sure other fans would as well as it looks like we are doing something.

I'd start him tomorrow if he's as good as he's being made out to be. It's about time this club showed some real commitment to bringing players through. The point about Dodoo is spot on, I wasn't hugely convinced by him but he hardly had a chance.

It's clubs of our ilk who have a responsibility to help the national team here. Too many don't see the financial benefit of focusing on the academy so neglect it as a result.

Start Barnes and start Chilwell.

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It does indeed look like Barnes is in the squad for tomorrow, I've messaged him on twitter.

He was informed that he will start on the bench, can't see that changing initially.

Hope he does come on at some point as has looked very good in the development teams. 

Comes from very good stock. (3 against Man U but one deemed offside)

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

He was informed that he will start on the bench, can't see that changing initially.

Hope he does come on at some point as has looked very good in the development teams. 

Comes from very good stock. (3 against Man U but one deemed offside)

I suspect he'll come on for Mendy once he tires. Hope so.

2-1 defeat for the Young Foxes in their last UEFA Youth League game, Elliot Moore for us. Actually sounded like a decent performance to be fair, although that's only going off the very biased LCFC twitter commo, but I'd have expected Porto to be the strongest before the group started and so it proved.

Anyone in Porto see it on TV as in Copenhagen?

Final table for the group looks like this:

#   Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches H2H
Next Round
Play-off
11 Previous rank: 2 Porto U19 6 4 0 2 12 8 +4 12 WLLWW
2 Previous rank: 3 København U19 6 3 1 2 12 10 +2 10 WWWLD
3 Previous rank: 1 Club Brugge U19 6 3 1 2 8 9 -1 10 LWWLD
4   Leicester City U19 6 1 0 5 9 14 -5 3 LLLWL

Archived