Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

2 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

And watch us get smashed at the other end look wot happen when we took Okazaki out against hull just really cant see were slimani will fit in think the Okazaki vardy partnership is brilliant 

Yeah... Great partnership.  Zero assists for Shinji last year and subbed every single game.

Bring on Slim Shady!

1 hour ago, berniethebolt said:

One from the youth days.. for a chant.

(Tune - Sabrina Summertime love)

Goals, Goals, Goals,

From Leicesters Islam Slimani

Goals, Goals, Goals

From Leicesters Kamie Vardy

..... Repeat until death!

Just joking....

Ha, I'm old enough to remember when that video got banned for being sexually explicit.

10 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

How many times have we gone with such an attacking line up with no Okazaki or Albrighton?

No one is saying Okazaki isnt a great addition to the team.... just that we dont fall apart without him... and that was proved last season more so with albrighton who missed more.

What would you wrather we have done? settled for someone who the manager didnt really rate instead of Silva

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

No one is saying Okazaki isnt a great addition to the team.... just that we dont fall apart without him... and that was proved last season more so with albrighton who missed more.

What would you wrather we have done? settled for someone who the manager didnt really rate instead of Silva

I would of rather they spent the summer to find a quality cm to replace kante than spend 30 million on a striker when i think we have more than enough numbers up top  and i pretty much remember falling apart without Okazaki at hull 

If he plays like he played in Sporting and Algeria He will harrass defenders and press and work hard, he doesn't just score, so if he plays like he used to you will like him cause he will contribute also in midfield and defence at times.... And that's why Claudio wanted him so bad I think. 

Slimani said he will give everything to Leicester and I believe him.

SLI SLI SLI SLIMANI

8 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

I would of rather they spent the summer to find a quality cm to replace kante than spend 30 million on a striker when i think we have more than enough numbers up top  and i pretty much remember falling apart without Okazaki at hull 

But they tried to do both? Would you REALLY of wanted them to meet the 45 million release clause?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

But they tried to do both? Would you REALLY of wanted them to meet the 45 million release clause?

I just think they put all there eggs in 1 basket and fort they was gunna get silva we had no back up cm i wouldn't of payed the 45 mil release clause for silva but would of payed the 25 release clause for nzonzi 

Sporting Clube de Portugal fan here

Hi everyone. Just registered to congratulate you all on the signing of Islam Slimani. 

He is by far the best striker I have ever seen play for my club in the last 30 years. 

Slimani is a warrior. He never stops fighting, he is deadly inside the box and a great pivot outside of it as well as a great ball recoverer.

He's not as fast as Vardy but I would dare say he's better (or at least as good) in every other skill.. The two together will be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm happy he chose Leicester to continue his career even though I am terribly sad of seeing him go.

Take good care of our Lion, I am absolutely sure he won't let any of you down.

9 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

I just think they put all there eggs in 1 basket and fort they was gunna get silva we had no back up cm i wouldn't of payed the 45 mil release clause for silva but would of payed the 25 release clause for nzonzi 

you're not making sense. how could we of put all our eggs in one basket when we were clearly fighting to the last minute to try and get Silva...?

2 minutes ago, mauri said:

Sporting Clube de Portugal here

Hi everyone. Just registered to congratulate you all on the signing of Islam Slimani. 

He is by far the best striker I have ever seen play for my club in the last 30 years. 

Slimani is a warrior. He never stops fighting, he is deadly inside the box and a great pivot outside of it as well as a great ball recoverer.

He's not as fast as Vardy but I would dare say he's better (or at least as good) in every other skill.. The two together will be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm happy he chose Leicester to continue his career even though I am terribly sad of seeing him go.

Thanks for taking the time to message us and best of luck to Sporting too.

8 minutes ago, mauri said:

Sporting Clube de Portugal here

He's not as fast as Vardy but I would dare say he's better in every other skill and the two together will be a force to be reckoned with.

thank you and good luck for the season!

21 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Thanks for taking the time to message us and best of luck to Sporting too.

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

thank you and good luck for the season!

Thank you, guys. Best of luck for Leicester as well. 

I'll be watching your matches to follow Slimani, especially in Champions League vs Porto. I can't wait to see him annihilate them once more.

Too bad you decided not to hit Adrien Silva's clause. He was well worth it too. As a Sporting fan I am happy to see him stay though :)

50 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

True. Okasaki has been outstanding this season.

But I've got enough faith in Ranieri to know that he's not going to let anyone walk into the team just because of their reputation or big transfer fee.

Slimani will have to earn his place in the team on merit (which i'm sure he will do), just like everybody else does.

I don't know why people keep saying Okazaki was outstanding this season in 3 games he contributed 0 goal , that's his job i suppose if you're all about the running put him CM and be done with it , a striker's job is to score, assist and make tjhings happen or else don't say we're playing 4-4-2 , both strikers in 4-4-2 should contribute by either scoring or assisting 

even though this season , Mahrez was crap, vardy as well , the only good positive is Musa and he's not starting but again Musa is really bad in front of goal he should play Left wing 

7 minutes ago, adimo1409 said:

I don't know why people keep saying Okazaki was outstanding this season in 3 games he contributed 0 goal , that's his job i suppose if you're all about the running put him CM and be done with it , a striker's job is to score, assist and make tjhings happen or else don't say we're playing 4-4-2 , both strikers in 4-4-2 should contribute by either scoring or assisting 

even though this season , Mahrez was crap, vardy as well , the only good positive is Musa and he's not starting but again Musa is really bad in front of goal he should play Left wing 

He was outstanding because he did what he was asked to do and did it very well. He's asked to play so deep and do so much running it's always going to be difficult to get a huge number of goals. If Slimani is asked to play the same way it will also take something away from his game like it did Shinji. (He had a good goals record in a better league than Slimani is coming from).

Clearly the club want to bring a bit more of a threat and that's why they spent £30m, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's linked up play excellently. His pressing from the front is a key ingredient in us winning the right to play our game. We missed it massively at Hull, despite Musa showing more a more attacking threat something was missing.

12 minutes ago, adimo1409 said:

Wrong. Wrong. WRONG!  Unless you’re Claudio Ranieri?

Shinji’s job is to do what’s asked of him by the Manager.  Not you! :)

Playing two out-and-out strikers is a fair enough tactic. But that’s not the system that Ranieri plays.  We play one out-and-out striker (Vardy) and a support striker (Okasaki).  You can't criticise Okasaki because he's not playing the role that you want him to play!

It really doesn’t matter what you call Okasaki’s position: CM, striker, support striker) or what you call the formation we play (442, 4411).  The only thing that’s worth measuring is his contribution to a winning team. It’s in that sense that people are saying he’s been outstanding.

Archived