Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Yea....or goalies have been crap too, not scored any for us so far this season :rolleyes:

You don't expect goals from a striker?

The more telling statistic for a number 10/withdrawn striker is the zero assists part.  Simply not good enough!

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

3 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

i'd argue you don't understand the intricacies and nuances of football.

Thank you for your patronising reply, I'm sure you're a proper student of the game, at least in your own head.

Perhaps CR doesn't understand the nuances and intricacies of football as you put it which is why Shinji is the most subbed player in the league.  Maybe you can enlighten him with your wisdom.

Funny that you should use the words inticacies and nuances as that is exactly what is missing from his game, hence zero assists.

6 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

That's not it at all. Read this - it will help you learn more about football -  https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/17/shinji-okazaki-tireless-leicester-intelligence .

You need to before you post on here. There are a lot who take sport at face value but it's way deeper than you believe and your ignorance will lead you into well-deserved scorn.

the thing is slim has oka's best quality (the trackingback/engine). but slimani is bigger. stronger. sharper. more of a goal threat. a bully and more. no one is saying oka is bad. but slim is miles ahead. the only thing that shinji got over slim is pace ( and it is not much)

1 hour ago, Marcovanbasten said:

Seems mahrez and Slimani become best friend now

Today, at algerian team training

01-09-16-CTN-EN-A-Entra-nement-Slimani-M

Mahrez: "You any good at pennos Slim?"

Slim: " Nah, fvck that. They should let that diving b@stard Vardy take em"

new chant sorted then.

Fruity, tooty, now my jeans fit my booty

gooey heaven, yummy foods 24-7

kick, sway chrunchy cerials make my day

walking tall

i love that mirror on the wall

funky monkey

give me a chocolate bar that's chunky

oh boy

losing weight i can enjoy

slimani all the way

Lets see those mothers in sk1 do that one if they think they're so clever

16 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wow he does seem quick, but not sure if this is because Ulloa is so slow for a big guy.

he is just fast. i can't think of any target man type striker in the big leagues that can compete with him in speed

see this 

Only worry about this guy is that our style of play is completely different to sportings. They cross the ball a lot it seems and have slower build ups, with Slimani as the vocal point of the attack.

Here, we have quicker build ups and Vardy is rightfully the vocal point. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the change in service. 

Looks a handful though and from what I've seen (not a lot, granted) seems an upgrade on Ulloa.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Thank you for your patronising reply, I'm sure you're a proper student of the game, at least in your own head.

Perhaps CR doesn't understand the nuances and intricacies of football as you put it which is why Shinji is the most subbed player in the league.  Maybe you can enlighten him with your wisdom.

Funny that you should use the words inticacies and nuances as that is exactly what is missing from his game, hence zero assists.

I would argue he's the most subbed player because he runs himself into the ground to create chances for Mahrez, Vardy, etc. (and he's a invaluable link / barrier between our attack and midfield)

I would also argue that CR most likely knows more about the game than you or I do. 

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I would argue he's the most subbed player because he runs himself into the ground to create chances for Mahrez, Vardy, etc. (and he's a invaluable link / barrier between our attack and midfield)

I would also argue that CR most likely knows more about the game than you or I do. 

Hes the most subbed as he fades in games badly. He does no more running than Vardy, probably less, yet I'd say he is completely ineffective from about 55 minutes.

That said, we missed him at Hull, and we do look better with him on the pitch linking things. I have been very impressed so far, he looks a lot stronger and quicker this season.

I'm just hoping Slimani has all that, but with some end product. Anyone saying it's the withdrawn role is the reason he doesn't get assists and goals is kidding themselves. He's invaluable to us, but has little/no end product. 

2 hours ago, ImBlue said:

Hes the most subbed as he fades in games badly. He does no more running than Vardy, probably less, yet I'd say he is completely ineffective from about 55 minutes.

That said, we missed him at Hull, and we do look better with him on the pitch linking things. I have been very impressed so far, he looks a lot stronger and quicker this season.

I'm just hoping Slimani has all that, but with some end product. Anyone saying it's the withdrawn role is the reason he doesn't get assists and goals is kidding themselves. He's invaluable to us, but has little/no end product. 

According to stats from last season Shinji ran on average a game the most distance of anyone in our team over the course of the season 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

According to stats from last season Shinji ran on average a game the most distance of anyone in our team over the course of the season 

Perfect. The day Leicester city will create a marathon team, Okazaki will be the captain. But for the moment it is a football team.

4 hours ago, ImBlue said:

Now, why could that be?

I think you've just countered your own argument there.

Just now, Marcovanbasten said:

Ok so no need to change anything and Leicester will win again right ?

You misread my post. I did not say anything about not changing, adapting or evolving as a team.

Just getting a bit fed up with the trashing of Okazaki's role in last season's title-winning campaign.

Archived