Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

29 minutes ago, Marcovanbasten said:

Give me POPCORNS !!

SLIMANI          VARDY

MUSA                                                                   MAHREZ

And watch us get smashed at the other end look wot happen when we took Okazaki out against hull just really cant see were slimani will fit in think the Okazaki vardy partnership is brilliant 

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

And watch us get smashed at the other end look wot happen when we took Okazaki out against hull just really cant see were slimani will fit in think the Okazaki vardy partnership is brilliant 

I agree. I do want to see this however:

Okazaki harassing, pulling apart defenders for 75 minutes, and then watch fire in Ranieri's eye as he sets Musa, Slimani, Vardy and Mahrez onto a defence who incorrectly thought they were glad to see the back of Shinji.

7 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Just now, Foxxed said:

Okazaki harassing, pulling apart defenders for 75 minutes, and then watch fire in Ranieri's eye as he sets Musa, Slimani, Vardy and Mahrez onto a defence who incorrectly thought they were glad to see the back of Shinji.

You never see him playing. Slimani will harass them 10 times more than Okazaki and he will score.

Just now, Marcovanbasten said:

You never see him playing. Slimani will harass them 10 times more than Okazaki and he will score.

I'm willing to give him a chance of course. But he'll have to prove to me he can outdo Shinji before I'm happy to Slimani as our first choice. Besides, there's more than enough games for them both.

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Do u think we have payed 30 mil for slimani to play 15 mins though i will be shocked if Okazaki isnt out now i think Okazaki does more than just a load of running he links up play brilliant 

Shinji is obviously an intricate part of this team in much the same way as say Danny simpson and Huth. You look at these players and their history's and you think to yourself we can probably find more exciting players to do better stuff than these guys. But then you take them out of this special and frankly pretty mysterious team dynamic that we have and we don't quite look the same.

The big improvement though that I see Slim bringing though aside from his goals is his aerial prowess alongside Vary. We all appreciate the Drinky to Vardy type goal's that we have seen over the last few seasons but 7 or 8 time's out of 10 those sorts of balls don't make it over the top of the last defender leaving shinji and Vardy scrapping for balls in the air with tall centre backs which isn't their forte. Imagine a player playing alongside Vardy who can actually flick some of these balls on for him. It will be really interesting to see how they gel together in that respect.

Depending on how much game time he gets, I think having a more orthodox target man to aim at is going to be good for Albrighton too...     

1 hour ago, Renart said:

Hi! his name is (what?)
His name is (who?)
His name is
Slimani!

57 minutes ago, hairmetalgamer said:

I personally think if this doesn't happen then its a crime

I think it works really well. It is really catchy. Original. And is so easy - which is exactly what is needed for a football song.

1 hour ago, lcfcdamo said:

How many times over the last season and a half have we ever been smashed at the back?

7 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Nobody just walks into our team if we are playing well, which after the Arsenal and Swansea games, it seems we are. Slimani will start life here on the bench until Shinji has a bad game. There's no point forcing him in and seeing players like Shinji dropped for no reason.

or he comes in the 80 minute mark and score a last minute winning header against liverpool

1 hour ago, lcfcdamo said:

The main problem v hull was we tried to go with a pair of speedsters through the middle who a)have the same style of play and b) had never played together, slimani on the other hand is Okazaki but like a foot taller and a monster in the air + he can finish and hold the ball up, genuinely excited to see the pie of them up top together... May also snap Mahrez out of  it and get him playing again

Archived