Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

1 hour ago, Marcovanbasten said:

Perfect. The day Leicester city will create a marathon team, Okazaki will be the captain. But for the moment it is a football team.

Wow where did that come from?

the person I quoted stated that Shinji ran less then vardy I was just answering that that wasn't true 

16 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Think it's interesting that Slimani is known as the Dragon slayer of Porto after scoring in his last 6 games against them. They are our CL opponents and maybe he can do a "Nugent" on them. Also proves he can score at the highest level not just bottom of the table portugese teams.

He played 8 games in the Champions league, scored 3

DZ  camp Slimani...leading the training. .very hard work from teaam DZ.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rjq9i_insolite-slimani-chante-et-fait-danser-tous-les-joueurs-de-l-equipe-nationale_sport

If annyone think that Slimami wad bought for €35M just to "replace" someone...well !!

Go team DZ.

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Think it's interesting that Slimani is known as the Dragon slayer of Porto after scoring in his last 6 games against them. They are our CL opponents and maybe he can do a "Nugent" on them. Also proves he can score at the highest level not just bottom of the table portugese teams.

Swansea!... 

Be scared... Very scared!! 

The Dragon Slayer is coming. 

3 hours ago, IslamSlimani said:

He played 8 games in the Champions league, scored 3

"I", Islam, "I". Seriously, if you're thinking of sticking around here mate, you need to improve your English or understand that talking about yourself in the 3rd person is looked on as having a bit of an ego, which we don't need at LCFC.

Capische?! (See, I even threw in some Portuguese/French/Arabic to make you feel welcome.)

PL is even harder this year ... Fans from around the world will want to see LCFC in CL as the top league winner... Slimani is definetly a good signing and would prob give more attacking options for Claudio. Go leicester 40 Mil Algerians wouuld dream of a sec PL title and a decent CL career ! 

NB : Signed up just to tell you that ^_^

18 hours ago, ImBlue said:

Hes the most subbed as he fades in games badly. He does no more running than Vardy, probably less, yet I'd say he is completely ineffective from about 55 minutes.

That said, we missed him at Hull, and we do look better with him on the pitch linking things. I have been very impressed so far, he looks a lot stronger and quicker this season.

I'm just hoping Slimani has all that, but with some end product. Anyone saying it's the withdrawn role is the reason he doesn't get assists and goals is kidding themselves. He's invaluable to us, but has little/no end product. 

Last year I remember mention of one game where Okazaki had done more sprints in his 60ish minutes, than anyone else in the 90, and his distances run were pretty special too. He really does work his ass off for the team, usually running away from the goal!

He has (unsurprisingly) tended to run out of steam, but there were many games last season where I saw Shinji trying to press when Vardy wasn't interested, mainly after Vardy lost some of his fitness around Xmas.

I think we have so many games, and we press so hard, that both Slim and Shinji will get plenty of time to prove themselves. But Shinji is looking better this season than last, so Slim will have to work hard to get the big game starts, which is as it should be.

Archived