Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

You've seen his Sporting goals, and you've seen his goals with Algeria...

but maybe you didn't see his goals Pre-Sporting Career .... here they are.

His Goals and headers are no coincidence. There is a pattern there, for example you see some similar goals in CRB and in Sporting for instance #8 looks exactly like the one he scored on Benfica almost identical. but my fav is #6 you see his "Grinta".

#2 and #1 a la Vardy!

We saw the pattern in CRB, at the National team and in Sporting, there is no reason we won't be seeing the same pattern repeating at Leicester!

Well, i have to admit that i overlooked that lad in the past years, mostly because i don't rate portuguese footy anymore.

I hope he settles quickly and brings his A-game as soon as possible.

From what i saw from him, he is of the same mould as Drogba, a strong versatile and dominant striker, difficult to shake off the ball with a clinical finishing.

In a season when teams will be more cautious against us, thus giving us lesser chances to score, we will need a clinical asset up-front.

Welcome and may the dragon slayer's sword may be wept from the blood of the vermines such as raggs, hammers and gooners.

3 hours ago, bpfox said:

what a shame we did not get silva, having him with him knowing what islam wants and what sort of runs he makes would have been great, hope he can reproduce all what we just have seen..

Yes Silva links well with Slim also the full back Jefferson is awesome with his crosses. "Crusamentooo de Jeffersonnnnn e Slimani goloooo" lol how many times I heard that!.

hope the team can provide lots of crosses. I think we can rely on Albrighton and Mahrez maybe Musa and Fuchs, I like Simpson but I didn't see him much doing those type of crosses though.

There is still the winter window, Slim would then be played some games the perfect time to tell if the team needs to add some to the squad

16 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Playing well against Lesotho :ph34r: a couple of assists to his name and should have bagged after bustling through and rounding the keeper he hit the post from a tight angle.... Mahrez bagged a 30 yard free kick as well, 4.0 at half time 

not 5-0 ?

EDIT: yes it is 5-0 at half-time

19 minutes ago, Marcovanbasten said:

not 5-0 ?

EDIT: yes it is 5-0 at half-time

Posted it on the 44th min thinking that was basically the half over... Then Mahrez done his usual fake to go 1 way then went the other and the defender brought him down for a pen

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Generally believe Algeria is the best team in Africa these days... Will be very surprised if you don't win the AFCON.

They're comfortably the best African side.

I'd go as far to say that they could probably get into the last 8 of the World Cup.

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

when is he due to arrive at the club? 

I suppose he's already back at the club or returning today. He wants to play against Liverpool on Saturday, so he ought to participate in a few trainings sessions beforehand:

http://www.africatopsports.com/2016/09/06/premier-league-islam-slimani-impatient-de-debuter-leicester/

http://www.lebuteur.com/article/detail?titre=slimani-parfois-on-marque-des-buts-et-dautres-on-nen-sert-ainsi-va-le-football&id=57429 (original source)

Ranieri might hint at Slimani's availability during this week's press conference which is tomorrow Thursday (?).

On 02/09/2016 at 10:35, jammie82uk said:

According to stats from last season Shinji ran on average a game the most distance of anyone in our team over the course of the season 

Nope.

According to Sky the most distance covered per game for Leicester was by Marc Albrighton.   There are no Leicester players in the top ten for the prem which begs the question why can't Shinji keep his workrate going for 90 mins when others can?

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Nope.

According to Sky the most distance covered per game for Leicester was by Marc Albrighton.   There are no Leicester players in the top ten for the prem which begs the question why can't Shinji keep his workrate going for 90 mins when others can?

When you think about the fact Oka gets whipped off after 60 mins every game he's basically missed 12 games over the course of a season so it's hard to compare his distance covered to most others, I bet his stats still look good compared to most people over 90 mins though

On 01/09/2016 at 22:52, Gerbold said:

That's not it at all. Read this - it will help you learn more about football -  https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/17/shinji-okazaki-tireless-leicester-intelligence .

You need to before you post on here. There are a lot who take sport at face value but it's way deeper than you believe and your ignorance will lead you into well-deserved scorn.

Well at least you have tried to back up your argument, where others have just mumbled about 'nuances and intricacies' without being able to articulate what they are talking about.

I've read the article and I am underwhelmed.  I get that he tries hard and he is industrious but that's it.  If you are happy with that then fine but I need to see more from a second striker. I want to see Shinji's industry along with creativity, goals and assists.  I would suggest that the fact that we have been looking for another striker since Jan would suggest that CR wants more than Shinji can offer too.  The facts and the stats speak for themselves.

Finally, you have no clue about my intelligence or lack of come to that, so pathetic insults of that nature do nothing to further your argument but show that you have nothing else to say.  I have a different opinion to you regarding Shinji's effectiveness.  You and several other self appointed football geniuses need to get off your high horses and get the fvck over it.

Archived