Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Just now, MattP said:

I hate seeing major nations look bang average.

Argentina (even though they just made it) Holland and Italy all look pretty crap. 

Takes a lot of shine off the World Cup.

If England won it because the others were crap, I’d still love it so much and bang on about it so much that I’d be evicted from Scotland.

Just now, MattP said:

I hate seeing major nations look bang average.

Argentina (even though they just made it) Holland and Italy all look pretty crap. 

Takes a lot of shine off the World Cup.

Agreed. Although the Netherlands and Italy you look at their squads and you think, yeah, lack of quality at the moment.

I can't work out what on Earth Argentina's excuse is. Off the top of my head, without much thought, I can put together something like, er...

Icardi

Di Maria, Dybala, Messi

Biglia, Mascherano

Ansaldi, Otamendi, Mussachio, Mercardo

Rulli

That's leaving Aguero, Higuain, Pastore, Banega and Correa on the bench even before you start getting to the guys that play pretty well in Argentina. That's a team that'd piss the Premier League, even with a ropey as all hell defence, if it was managed by a Guardiola, Heynckes, Ancelotti, Conte or Allegri so what the **** are they playing at?

Didn't AKCJ say something like they went eleven months with Messi being their only scorer? Wtf? Like if they were losing games 4-5 because their defence is so gash you'd have some sympathy but to struggle to outscore teams when you've got that array of forwards is just bizarre. I can only assume they're so spoilt for choice they just have no idea how to get them all in and happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If England won it because the others were crap, I’d still love it so much and bang on about it so much that I’d be evicted from Scotland.

Totally, we get away with our title win as we actually posted a reasonable points tally but the competition was utter dross in terms of top level football. We could of posted three points below the lowest ever 20 team total with 9 points fewer than we ended up with and still won it.

Does it bother me does it fck. Unfortunately I don’t think our national team could take advantage of any failing of other major nations as we are an utter shambles ourselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

He’s hoping he wakes up next to a horses head because if he doesn’t he’s ****ed lol.

If he has any sense, he’s packed a blonde beard and will try and get on the plane with the Swedes.