Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

I must have missed something but Armstrong kept saying Northern ireland were all over them second half. 

A half chance for Washington and Seville are all I remember till Evans had one cleared off the line late on.

Seferovic could have have had about 10 goals if he wasn't a modern day version of Akinbiyi. Every time I see him play he looks like a competition winner.

Love me a bit of Dansk. Absolute closet Dane, loved Parken, smuurrrrbrooouurrrddd and a good bit of Volbeat. Sofie Grabol and the Mikkelsen brothers are my heroes. 

Would be happy to see them get through. Nothing against the Irish at all. 

Edited by Finnegan

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Love me a bit of Dansk. Absolute closet Dane, loved Parken, smuurrrrbrooouurrrddd and a good bit of Volbeat. Sofie Grabol and the Mikkelsen brothers are my heroes. 

Would be happy to see them get through. Nothing against the Irish at all. 

Yeah, what he said.??

So, that's Morocco and Tunisia qualified. Welcome back to the World Cup stage! Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Moroccans since USA '94.

Meanwhile in Algeria...

(In their defense, Nigeria were simply too good. But losing to Zambia twice?:ph34r:)

Edited by MC Prussian

48 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So, that's Morocco and Tunisia qualified. Welcome back to the World Cup stage! Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Moroccans since USA '94.

Meanwhile in Algeria...

(In their defense, Nigeria were simply too good. But losing to Zambia twice?:ph34r:)

It was a ridiculously tough group. Nigeria (possibly the best side in Africa right now), Cameroon (defending AFCON champions) and Zambia who are always dark horses.

Meanwhile, Senegal have near to no resistance against Cape Verde, Burkina Faso and South Africa, the perennial disappointers.

14 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Shame that a dodgy peno from the 1st leg decided it.

I'm still bitterly resentful about the penalty awarded against Leicester away at Athletico, so I can understand that it's going to sting for a while.

I mean... even if that wasnt given we still wouldve gone out. See your point though... the week between then and the home leg was painful. Mental how we could all see it was outside 100m away up in the stands and the ref couldnt at pitch level 10m away! 

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

I mean... even if that wasnt given we still wouldve gone out. See your point though... the week between then and the home leg was painful. Mental how we could all see it was outside 100m away up in the stands and the ref couldnt at pitch level 10m away! 

Probably considering Shakespeare wasn't interested in scoring until we were already 2 goals down....but I don't need to tell you such a decision in the first of 2 legs changes the tie massively.

Making a precition like that just because of the way the 2nd leg went, after that penalty incident had already happened, is not logical. Who knows how the 2nd leg, or even the rest of the 1st leg may have panned out if it wasn't for that decision (or in fact the many other disgraceful decisions that may have made a difference).

Always respect the space time continuum, man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Probably considering Shakespeare wasn't interested in scoring until we were already 2 goals down....but I don't need to tell you such a decision in the first of 2 legs changes the tie massively.

Making a precition like that just because of the way the 2nd leg went, after that penalty incident had already happened, is not logical. Who knows how the 2nd leg, or even the rest of the 1st leg may have panned out if it wasn't for that decision (or in fact the many other disgraceful decisions that may have made a difference).

Always respect the space time continuum, man.

The penalty was an awful decision but on balance we just came up short over the 2 legs. 

Atletico Madrid were full value for their qualification overall. 

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

The penalty was an awful decision but on balance we just came up short over the 2 legs. 

Atletico Madrid were full value for their qualification overall. 

Can't argue with that, but as above, there was a lot of football to be played after that penalty. Had they not got it, who knows which way the momentum could have swung?

I can accept being beaten by the better team (they no doubt were) but having the tie basically fixed against you leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. We didn't get a fair chance with the refereeing in both games.

Edited by Kitchandro