Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

With less than 20 minutes to go and our World Cup hopes teetering on a precipice, we brought on Kellyn Acosta and Benny Feilhaber to chase a game.

Aside from everything about how Bruce Arena doesn’t have the tactical nous to win on the world stage in 2017, and how it was Trinidad & friggin’ Tobago we played yesterday... on a basic level, when you look at the squad we had (even accounting for injuries in the back), we simply suck d*ck.

10 minutes ago, Jordan said:

With less than 20 minutes to go and our World Cup hopes teetering on a precipice, we brought on Kellyn Acosta and Benny Feilhaber to chase a game.

Aside from everything about how Bruce Arena doesn’t have the tactical nous to win on the world stage in 2017, and how it was Trinidad & friggin’ Tobago we played yesterday... on a basic level, when you look at the squad we had (even accounting for injuries in the back), we simply suck d*ck.

Welcome to our world. 

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/panama-ball-boy-takes-drastic-action-to-help-his-country-to-world-cup

Did anybody see this ballboy help out Panama in the dying minutes? To help waste time he runs upto the ball and smashes it into Row Z to kill a few seconds lollollol 

It says ballboy but I think it may have been a Panama substitute that kicks it. Brilliant lol 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Only Messi has scored a goal for Argentina in the last 11 months. They're utterly horrendous.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Which is absurd when you think:

Icardi, Dybala, Di Maria, Pastore, Aguero, Tevez, Higuain, Salvo, Gomez, Acosta, Correa. 

I mean, if they were losing games 6-5 or something because of how dreadful their defence is then you'd think fair enough. 

But jesus Christ. 

That is dreadful! 

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Welcome to our world. 

To be fair you've never been knocked out of World Cup qualifying by a country whose national sports are a combination of playing cricket and smoking weed.

2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

I'm so pleased that at no point I will hear the word soccer mentioned at the next world cup. Whatever soccer is.

Well you darned Brits could've just avoided inventing the term in the first place! Reap what you sow :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Gordon Strachan has gone.

Who else could improve what he has done?

Reckon they've should've stuck with him.

Scotland do have some talented players and really should have cruised to a second place finish. Strachan messed up in three of the first four games before he got the team going. Personally think he deserved to go. He did fail. 

43 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Scotland do have some talented players and really should have cruised to a second place finish. Strachan messed up in three of the first four games before he got the team going. Personally think he deserved to go. He did fail. 

The fact he started to use a lot less Celtic players was a huge mistake.

19 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Now here's a good one.

So, Peru pipped Chile to qualification on goal difference the other night.

But a year ago in these qualifiers, both teams played away at Bolivia in the space of six days. Chile drew 0-0, Peru lost 2-0.

Chile then discovered that Bolivia had fielded an ineligible player. Action was taken and Chile were given the win, and in doing so gained two points. The same player played against Peru as well, so Peru were given the win received three points.

So Chile, by grassing Bolivia up, actually knocked themselves out of the World Cup as Peru gained a point on them lollollol 

Beautiful irony :) Chile were woeful in their last handful of matches and should've secured qualification long ago.

Malky Mackay announced as Scotland's interim boss.

I can see it being Moyes as the next successor.

Yes, his reputation has declined since the Man Utd job - but can imagine him wanting to grab this one with both hands in temptation to prove himself again. He's unlikely to get another 'prestigious' club opportunity again, so this one could make him lick his lips.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

36 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Malky Mackay announced as Scotland's interim boss.

I can see it being Moyes as the next successor.

Yes, his reputation has declined since the Man Utd job - but can imagine him wanting to grab this one with both hands in temptation to prove himself again. He's unlikely to get another 'prestigious' club opportunity again, so this one could make him lick his lips.

Ah Malky 'It was just Banter' Mackay, what an odd choice.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 14:38, Wymeswold fox said:

Gordon Strachan has gone.

Who else could improve what he has done?

Reckon they've should've stuck with him.

Once he decided to blame a couple of million years of human evolution for Scotlands failure to qualify, he'd essentially signed his own P45. Hands down the funniest excuse I've ever heard. 

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Once he decided to blame a couple of million years of human evolution for Scotlands failure to qualify, he'd essentially signed his own P45. Hands down the funniest excuse I've ever heard. 

Standard Gordon Strachan. Has some ridiculously hilarious excuses for defeats. 

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'm surprised he didn't mention the failure of Genghis Khan to get to Scotland and spread his genes was the cause of Scotland's failure.  The guy is a Scottish baffoon

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Standard Gordon Strachan. Has some ridiculously hilarious excuses for defeats. 

Complaining that most of the country of is average height is a new extreme though surely?

Should have given me a call if he's that desperate, I'm shit at football and make Conrad Logan look like the pinnacle of human fitness, but I'm a lanky git.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Complaining that most of the country of is average height is a new extreme though surely?

Should have given me a call if he's that desperate, I'm shit at football and make Conrad Logan look like the pinnacle of human fitness, but I'm a lanky git.

I think there's always a bit of mischief when he comes out with this stuff. 

He's very deadpan but I don't think he's entirely serious. I remember him looking at an interviewer deadly serious after a loss whilst he was Coventry boss and in that rambling, incomprehensible Scotch of his he said he doesn't blame his players, doesn't blame the ref, doesn't blame the tactics, it was just because the ball boys were so quick getting the ball back during breaks. 

Amazing.