Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Agreed Finnegan, completely deadpan, its so difficult to tell if he's being serious, but unfortunately for him whether he meant it or not it's made him look a bit silly and may have contributed to him leaving because I thought he'd done a very good job, Scotland have definitely improved under him.

21 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Agreed Finnegan, completely deadpan, its so difficult to tell if he's being serious, but unfortunately for him whether he meant it or not it's made him look a bit silly and may have contributed to him leaving because I thought he'd done a very good job, Scotland have definitely improved under him.

Narh, he's gone because they're crap and haven't qualified tbh. 

He's not gone off the back of one typically Strachan quote. 

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Narh, he's gone because they're crap and haven't qualified tbh. 

He's not gone off the back of one typically Strachan quote. 

I'm not saying that was the reason, just that it didn't help his cause.  I don't think they're crap either, they have played really well under Strachan and definitely improved, he made a few critical errors at the end that really cost Scotland.

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm not saying that was the reason, just that it didn't help his cause.  I don't think they're crap either, they have played really well under Strachan and definitely improved, he made a few critical errors at the end that really cost Scotland.

Their playing staff might not be amazing but they're no worse than Ireland, Wales or Norn Iron but we all went to the Euro's without them and we all got closer to the world cup than them, too. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Higher or lower?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41634343

Finding it hard to understand how the FIFA world-rankings table works..

All that really matters is that England are not in the top 8 and therefore not in pot 1 when the groups are drawn. Odds are we’ll have one of the big boys win our group and we’ll be runners up I’d imagine...

• Like 1

Big banana skin for Switzerland.

Should they lose against the Northern Irish, they‘ll be a laughing stock for years to come, in particular after nine wins in their first nine matches.

Which side will go into each match with the better winning mentality on the day, I wonder?

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve made my feelings known about international football, it’s an inconvenience (in season time anyway) but quite looking forward to tonight’s game, divided loyalties though, I like the ROI and would like them to qualify but would like to see Kasper at the World Cup.

6/1 on ROI winning is big though imo.