Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PMH

Kante

I don't feel sorry for him one bit, he moved to a side that failed miserably last season and left the champions. I can't figure out why he should have expected much different. Of course I would take him back and forgive but until then, I wish him all the bad fortune in the world.

'Feel sorry for him' lol

He chose to go to a team who failed miserably last season and weren't in the Champions League. He's getting exactly what he deserves if he feels it's not working out. He's still got that money to comfort him though.

10 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

Anyone who wouldn't take him back would be cutting their nose to spite their face. 

He was perfect for us and allowed us to play in a way which we very clearly can't without him. 

Players and clubs have gone back on bad transfers in the past, perhaps him coming back wouldn't be so far-fetched at all. If shit isn't going better for him or dropped by January maybe he'd come back to get that sweet sweet CL football. 

No, sorry. I don't care if we get relegated, supporting a football club is all about pride and he shat all over that when he decided that we weren't good enough for him even when we were league champions, had champions league football and had given him his big break in this country.

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Didn't bother? How did you come to that conclusion when we were in for Silva, N'Zonzi, Chalobah and whoever else. I'm sure Claudio and his scouts gave Rudkin a list of players he wanted and left it to him to get  the deals done. That is Rudkin's job and I am pretty sure that Claudio was likely not too thrilled to not have an extra CM that he obviously wanted. To say he simply "didn't bother trying" is just not true. 

I understand you have your right to criticise Claudio but this continuous bashing and twisting of things to suit your narrative in every thread is pretty dumb.

This is the problem when people with little footballing knowledge comment on these threads. Silva and N'zonzi are not Kante replacements in the slightest. They play nothing like Kante in tge slightest. Idrissa Gueye was the obvious like for like replacement and we didnt go in for him, we signed Mendy who is again nothing like Kante. Ranieri didnt try, as simple as that.

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

'Feel sorry for him' lol

He chose to go to a team who failed miserably last season and weren't in the Champions League. He's getting exactly what he deserves if he feels it's not working out. He's still got that money to comfort him though.

And?

It's more likely that Chelsea will finish top 4 and play in Champions League next season anyway.

Not sure if I'd say the same for Leicester though...

Anybody who wouldn't take him back is strange. The guy protected our ageing and, quite frankly, poor defence last season and he mopped up after everyone. He let Drinkwater express himself, Mahrez express himself and, from what I've seen this season, gave the defence more confidence. 

I'd take him back tomorrow...

... Not going to happen though is it. I just wish I heard people talking about him now. Not a day goes past where I don't see a Kante thread on here. 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I loved watching kante last year.  I thought he wss good enough to go to barca or real.  But he had a dream of going yo chelsea.... this sadly demonstrates the  folly of poor kante not dreaming of better.  He limited himself.... sad... and a lesson for us all

Who? Never heard of him

18 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

I was hugely pissed off when he left, but this is business - id take him back in a heartbeat. 

So would I, would be amazed if he did a u turn though, even when it doesn't seem to be working out. Some of the booing of his name at the chelsea match wouldn't help his return either.

I never understood his wish to go to Chelsea and not play CL.

He seemed a modest, humble guy and yet his head was turned,either with France, by his agent or who knows?

I hope it was worth his while financially because he's beginning to look a poor fit among the egos at Chelsea.

Even if he flops he's not coming back.

He's on 150k/wk. 

Our two top players had to agree to a long term contract with no release clause in order to get 100k/wk.

No way is Kante agreeing to a contract here with no clause.

Even if he did, he wouldn't be getting 100k because what message would it send out to the other players that you can always come back on the same improved salary, if going to a bigger club fails? Probably get 80k at most. And he's not taking a pay cut that large of half his pay.

Shame that it'd probably be even harder to prise Gueye away from Everton, than Kante from Chelsea as things stand.

Would have been nice to see how last year's playing style fared in the CL.

31 minutes ago, dedlock said:

I never understood his wish to go to Chelsea and not play CL.

He seemed a modest, humble guy and yet his head was turned,either with France, by his agent or who knows?

I hope it was worth his while financially because he's beginning to look a poor fit among the egos at Chelsea.

1 Season in the UCL with Leicester v 4-5 years in the UCL with Chelsea.....

Yeah, no idea why.

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

1 Season in the UCL with Leicester v 4-5 years in the UCL with Chelsea.....

Yeah, no idea why.

Daft comment. He could of done one year with Leicester then left if we didn't have European football after. It's not like he wouldn't of had his suitors and a 100 grand a week contract offered from other places twelve months down the line is it. 

Unfortunatly footballers now are often lead by money rather than loyalty. Kante has not come through our youth system nor has he any roots to Leicester meaning if he gets an offer of more money with long term more involvement in European tournaments then it would be an easy decision for him to make.

Yes he won the Premier League with us but he has his memory and his medal and i am sure he is now focused on winning more stuff with Chelsea.

I am not saying i agree with it however nothing is going to change and there is no point critising his decision and sobbing at his departure as it just makes him seem bigger than the club itself.

The club is always bigger than any one player wether that be Kante, Mahrez or Vardy.

26 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Daft comment. He could of done one year with Leicester then left if we didn't have European football after. It's not like he wouldn't of had his suitors and a 100 grand a week contract offered from other places twelve months down the line is it. 

Exactly. It was like a free go with us. No pressure and the possibility of an even bigger payday

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

Really?

Doubt his performances at Chelsea this season have raised interest from potential suitors.

Jesus wept some of you in here are acting like the jilted boyfriend whose missus ran off with that rich tosspot who owns 10 properties and now everyone keeps spotting her out and about looking as rough as aholes and in a bad  way when really she is on 8 holidays a year and wearing Versace not the George of Asda shite you used to buy her!

The reality is he has had one below par game and one average game but when I have seen him he has been class. 99% of us with he never left and about 50% are still obsessed with him that they start new threads about him and still talk about him.

Moving on, can we please talk about him in the ex-player thread and stop spouting out the same turd stuff as I dont think I have the energy for a new thread when he plays well and another when he plays shite. 

She has gone, she is better off living the life of riley in the London lights and at the moment we are stuck with a beautiful lass but a little thick and her gorgeous sister (Amartey and Mendy). At the moment they are both so boring and as thick as shite but they have the potential to scrub up and become bigger stunners than that slag Kante who left us. If neither cracker works out, we can always go buy a better one until one does the job we want.

I think I have issues lol 

Archived