Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PMH

Kante

Our system was perfect for him. He got ahead of himself and wanted to leave to join any team he considered 'bigger'. Actually seemed like he couldn't wait to leave. 

Greatful for what he did for us last season, but would be lying if I said I was sad to see that things haven't worked out for him so far this season or that I hope he isn't regretting his decision. 

Would take him back without a doubt though

Anyone who wouldn't take him back would be cutting their nose to spite their face. 

He was perfect for us and allowed us to play in a way which we very clearly can't without him. 

Players and clubs have gone back on bad transfers in the past, perhaps him coming back wouldn't be so far-fetched at all. If shit isn't going better for him or dropped by January maybe he'd come back to get that sweet sweet CL football. 

Just an addition to this, I don't know if people have seen the full tunnel cam from the game against Chelsea mid week. There is a few bits in it where Kante is in the tunnel talking to Riyad, a few other players and even has a little moment with Claudio. To be honest it looked like the lad wishes he was still at Leicester. I'm beginning to wonder if he regrets the move and also how much of the decision was down to him in the first place. He seems so shy and looks like he could be easily led by his "advisers".

Wasn't impressed by the manner of his leaving but things happen and probably much more to do with advisors. Chelsea still look a long way behind a fair few clubs and might not qualify for the CL next season. Would we take him back of course we would so lets hope for some more flak coming his way a spell on the sidelines us getting out the CL qualifying group and the prodigal son returning in Jan, well wouldn't say no.

21 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Anyone who wouldn't take him back would be cutting their nose to spite their face. 

He was perfect for us and allowed us to play in a way which we very clearly can't without him. 

Players and clubs have gone back on bad transfers in the past, perhaps him coming back wouldn't be so far-fetched at all. If shit isn't going better for him or dropped by January maybe he'd come back to get that sweet sweet CL football. 

Would you have your mrs back if she cheated on you with your best mate? 

**** right off, let him rot :D

He won't be coming back here. I wouldn't rule him out of leaving Chelsea but I would be very surprised if it was to come back here.

I have absolutely no doubt though if we did get him back he'd flourish again. We're the perfect team for him and he's the perfect player for us.

Bit ironic that those who accuse people which are, in my opinion, fairly criticizing Ranieri for his shortcomings this season, as 'Ranieri haters'. Can be found in the 'Kante' thread, stating how much we miss him.

Ranieri didn't want Kante. He couldn't persuade him to stay and he didn't bother trying to replace him in the summer.

20 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Bit ironic that those who accuse people which are, in my opinion, fairly criticizing Ranieri for his shortcomings this season, as 'Ranieri haters'. Can be found in the 'Kante' thread, stating how much we miss him.

Ranieri didn't want Kante. He couldn't persuade him to stay and he didn't bother trying to replace him in the summer.

330am and the most tiresome thing in this thread is you.

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Just an addition to this, I don't know if people have seen the full tunnel cam from the game against Chelsea mid week. There is a few bits in it where Kante is in the tunnel talking to Riyad, a few other players and even has a little moment with Claudio. To be honest it looked like the lad wishes he was still at Leicester. I'm beginning to wonder if he regrets the move and also how much of the decision was down to him in the first place. He seems so shy and looks like he could be easily led by his "advisers".

Your final line is correct. ''Advisers'' he would do well to get rid of. 

4 hours ago, Grewks said:

Didn't bother? How did you come to that conclusion when we were in for Silva, N'Zonzi, Chalobah and whoever else. I'm sure Claudio and his scouts gave Rudkin a list of players he wanted and left it to him to get  the deals done. That is Rudkin's job and I am pretty sure that Claudio was likely not too thrilled to not have an extra CM that he obviously wanted. To say he simply "didn't bother trying" is just not true. 

I understand you have your right to criticise Claudio but this continuous bashing and twisting of things to suit your narrative in every thread is pretty dumb.

Watching him yesterday, I was surprised how few passes were made to him. But then I guess with Chelsea's other midfield options being more creative/better on the ball then that's understandable. Even when he wins the ball, he invariably just lays off a short ball to a.n. other blue shirt for them to play it.

He has a much more restricted role for Chelsea than he did for us and I guess that could be demotivating for him. He may feel he's not trusted to do anything other than that one role.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Didn't bother? How did you come to that conclusion when we were in for Silva, N'Zonzi, Chalobah and whoever else. I'm sure Claudio and his scouts gave Rudkin a list of players he wanted and left it to him to get  the deals done. That is Rudkin's job and I am pretty sure that Claudio was likely not too thrilled to not have an extra CM that he obviously wanted. To say he simply "didn't bother trying" is just not true. 

I understand you have your right to criticise Claudio but this continuous bashing and twisting of things to suit your narrative in every thread is pretty dumb.

And it's pretty clear that he didn't want him to leave.

this is  indeed quite tiresome

chelsea may not be able to play him in the right way but you can be damn sure that there are other 'big clubs' around Europe who would. IF Chelsea decide he doesn't suit them (and I can't see that because they think the sun shines etc  he would find a home at another 'big club', not here. 

Cant we just move on and not have this thread every time we lose?

Claudios major mistake this summer was not to drill the side into playing a different way. however, none of us know how much say he had in the club going on the jaunt with the ICC. 

i don't believe we will be playing 'our style' come the second half of the season. 

Drinkwater does everything in our team

OK he has his off days but I'd love to see his tackles and interceptions this year versus any of the other midfielders.

Perhaps Drinkwater made Kante not the other way around.

That being said....................I'd still have Kante back

35 minutes ago, RastaDog said:

Watching him yesterday, I was surprised how few passes were made to him. But then I guess with Chelsea's other midfield options being more creative/better on the ball then that's understandable. Even when he wins the ball, he invariably just lays off a short ball to a.n. other blue shirt for them to play it.

He has a much more restricted role for Chelsea than he did for us and I guess that could be demotivating for him. He may feel he's not trusted to do anything other than that one role.

Best post in thread. I think that's exactly the problem. Ie smaller fish in bigger pond.

50 minutes ago, RastaDog said:

Spot on.

Chelski play two holding midfielders in the Conte system and use Matic more to drive or move the team forward. N'golo is being used in a traditional Makelele role which watching yesterday must frustrate him as he is half the player performing that role. Conte will eventually work it out and when they go 3-5-2 he maybe allowed to be more expressive....he is undoubtedly world class and it will show through eventually ....he won't return here imo and will still be in demand by the biggest clubs based upon what he did for us alone.

Mendy looks pretty decent pity the lad got injured really hope he comes back stronger and fills the void !

But when friends always say about Kante it really annoys me that there is no loyalty in some some footballers just all about the money,he could have given us one more season loyalty as we picked him from a lower league French club and gave him his stage to impress !!

Archived