Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PMH

Kante

14 hours ago, Grewks said:

Really?

Doubt his performances at Chelsea this season have raised interest from potential suitors.

Nail on head. 

Kante knew there was no way we'd be able to maintain our form nor his, and if he didn't go end of last season then he'd struggle to go this season, or wouldn't have been able to bargain as well as he did to get 150k or whatever a week. 

For Chelsea he probably looks around sees nobody else busting a gut to get the ball back and wonders why should I?

At Leicester he had Vardy, Okazaki, Drinkwater, Albrighton all chasing down everyone everywhere, Vardy tackling the keeper, Albrighton closing down the full back forcing the ball out for a throw in, Okazaki running around and falling over. It's infectious, and I know that these are professional sportsmen, but we've all had those games of football where you're knackered and just can't get yourself sprinting back because you know the useless lump at the back will fvck it up anyway so it's just wasting energy.

Kante and Leicester were perfect for each other, Ranieri created a formation that got the best out of Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy collectively we all reached heights that couldn't have been achieved without one of those components. Kante has to find that spark with Chelsea or move on. Ranieri and Leicester need to find that fit again, we didn't start last season perfect, conceding way too many goals, but we did have an easier start, we've had 3 of the toughest games already coupled with CL commitments. It will come, we probably won't win the league again but we will be challenging for Europe again.

19 hours ago, Grewks said:

1 Season in the UCL with Leicester v 4-5 years in the UCL with Chelsea.....

Yeah, no idea why.

This myth that it's a guarantee is dangerous. They're showing no signs at all that they'll be in there. Certainly not compared to us who, you know, are actually in it.

Just now, SecretPro said:

Someone at work claims they have seen an interview with a quote from Kante basically saying he feels frustrated because he's been left to do all the running and thats what his teammates expect. Not been able to locate a source for this though.

It was made up by the sun

it was meant to be a joke but soon become fact on Twitter 

They have turned him into half the player he is. He is so much more than a holding mid sat in front of the back 4 he's good at it but it's only a part of his game.

He came to England probably thought all dressing rooms would be the same as ours and has seen the grass isn't greener. His body language looks unhappy. Needs to be loved and gone from that here to just another Chelsea player.

Seriously who would you prefer to be around football aside. Vardy or Costa? Drinkwater or Matic, Morgan or Terry? He was at home in a down to earth squad now he's surrounded by Billy big bollox''s. Just doesn't seem a good fit.

• 2 months later...

With hindsight(it is a wonderful thing) I am sat here thinking, we should never have let him go even at £30Mill, his release clause to a CL team was £23Mill, even if we had only kept him until January the £7mill difference would have been worth it, he wasn't just one player, he affected the whole team and the way we played, shielding the defence, getting the ball back and driving forward and giving everyone confidence with the way he played, Drinky was free to be a playmaker, more chances were created for the forwards as well etc. etc. We would have far more points and think what we will lose, if we get relegated, even if we had lost him in January I feel we would be far closer to safety. Don't get me wrong, one player doesn't make a team, but he was as near to that statement for us as is possible, sorry to harp back, but I do feel we missed a trick. It would have also sent a message to the players and other teams, they are under contract and won't be sold cheaply, we could maybe have got even more for him in January as well, as certain teams would be panicking a bit by then. 

7 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Do you actually think there was a cats chance in hell we were ever going to keep him? 

He was a goner the moment he outshone pogba and matuidi in the euros. 

As he was under contract, then yes I believe we could have kept him until January at least, if a CL club wanted him, they would have bid when Chelsea did.

If his release clause was £23m for champions league clubs i think we did well to get £30m for him. I think a number of champions league clubs would have snapped him up for £23m but I'm guessing his agent got the message out that he wanted to go to Chelsea so they didn't bother making bids.

Ultimately the transfer fee hasn't mattered. We're loaded as it is with the premier league tv money and champions league revenue and having wealthy owners. If we'd got an extra £20m for Kante I don't think it would have made any difference to who we bought in the summer or who we will buy in January.

Archived