Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PMH

Kante

I thought Kante was a good signing for Chelsea however the way Conte has used him so far in their side negates everything that N'Golo is good at. It's well known that Conte prefers either a 3-5-2 or a 4-1-4-1 and the holding midfielder in his sides have always been the playmaker. So it baffles me that Conte has been using Kante as the holding midfielder and asking him to play a strict role in midfield rather than utilising his pace and energy round the field. He doesn't have the technical ability for the role, you compare the likes of Pirlo and Verratti in Conte's last 2 sides and they are polar opposites to Kante. 

Kante so far this season has covered less distance than Matic and Oscar (who has been starting except for today) in every game. He's also averaging 48 sprints a game which is down from the 60+ last season. If Conte were to change the role Kante has in the side then he will begin to flourish, at the minute it's a case of putting a square peg in a round hole.

Saying all this I would gladly have Kante back in January or next summer if he were available. He is the gravy to Drinkys roast beef, he is the custard to Drinkys apple pie etc etc you get my ****ing bits. 

He is getting absolutely rinsed on twitter. General consensus is drinky carried him to the title! We need him as much as he needs us it seems 

Pre-Euros people were banging on about how it was only Kante playing so well that made Drinky look good.

50 minutes ago, MarkDeVirus said:

Christ. How bitter are we about him leaving?!

He was the heartbeat of our midfield, and one of the reasons why we're now leaking goals this season.

Will have nothing but appreciation for his performances last season; come to think of it, I literally cannot remember a match where he had a bad game in.

I'd a see a quack mate, the game your after only finished a few hours ago.

i know your talking about last season being pedantic :P

Made a thread about this a week or so ago and was quickly shot down by the 'regulars' with the thread locked.  Bang average (or less than) for Chelsea and we could fill the gap by having players who played with 100% effort, which we are currently not seeing.  Would still have him back though not denying that. 

Archived