Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Match Thread

Schmeichel

Hernández - Huth - Morgan - Fuchs

Mahrez - Drinkwater - Amartey - Albrighton

Slimani - Vardy

Subs: Zieler, Musa, King, Schlupp, Simpson, Okazaki, Gray

Hernandez chosen of Simpson. Maybe Simpson has just played too many minutes recently, or maybe Hernandez to play CL games? (Or maybe we've realized Simpson is shit.)

Okazaki instead of Ulloa this time.

Schlupp instead of Chilwell on bench.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Brahimi on bench for them. Probably impact sub

No, it's because last year he started saying he wanted to leave Porto as soon as possible. Besides, he is quite overrated. All he does is pointless dribbles and is incredibly selfish. We're better with Otavio/Oliver Torres/Jesus Corona.

Hate is a strong word but I used to hate Porto with a passion beginning with how they cheated Vs O'Niell's Celtic in a Uefa final, diving, rolling around, play acting, time wasting beyond anything I've ever seen. That's a long time ago now and I'm prepared to start tonight with a clean slate, just be careful lads, are you listening Huth, Drinky, be very careful!

I expected more changes if Im honest. I half expected Okazaki in for Slimani as the latter ran a lot for the whole game at United and played by himself for most of the second half but good on CR for allowing Slim and Vardy to build a partnership. Schmeichel back will boost the back 4 a bit. Not that Zieler has done much wrong but its that familiarity thing. Hernandez at RB isnt a disaster. Simpson is a solid full back but we are yet to see Hernandez get a run in the side. He has looked ropey in central defence but lets give the lad a chance to show what he has.

Tonight will be goals galore and we will win 3-2. (Expect a 0-0 LOL)

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Hate is a strong word but I used to hate Porto with a passion beginning with how they cheated Vs O'Niell's Celtic in a Uefa final, diving, rolling around, play acting, time wasting beyond anything I've ever seen. That's a long time ago now and I'm prepared to start tonight with a clean slate, just be careful lads, are you listening Huth, Drinky, be very careful!

We very rarely do that. It's just not in our DNA. I remember that game and it's true, but what did you expect? Mourinho was the coach!

Archived