Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Porto (home) Match Thread

I wonder if we will line up like this to be more solid.

Hernandez - Morgan - Huth 

Alrbighton - Drinkwater - Amartey - Fuchs

Mahrez

Vardy  - Slimani

Or maybe it's just a standard 442. 

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mahrez

Vardy  - Slimani

I doubt we will start like that but it is an easy switch for plan B.

Simpson has played quite a bit since coming back from a knock, may just be a fitness thing, or extra height from corners + long throw and has Hernandez got experience playing in Europe? 

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Mahrez

Vardy  - Slimani

I sure hope so but doubt it

1 minute ago, portofan said:

We very rarely do that. It's just not in our DNA. I remember that game and it's true, but what did you expect? Mourinho was the coach!

I think you're right, Mourinho's Chelsea had similar ways to slow things down once they were ahead, some of it borderline legal some of it very dubious. 

Brave going 4-4-2 again. Would have preferred Okazaki on as he makes it a midfield 5 without the ball but seeing that we can change it to that 3-5-2 has given me a bit more confidence. Win this and we're already way out in front. Let's just hope the fans get behind them after recent performances and really get the place bouncing. 

Hernandez earned his place against Brugge. Unlucky for Simpson but he'll surely start a CL game once he's fully fit and raring to go again.

Porto have been largely disappointing over the last 3 years or so according to the Portuguese football journalist on last night's RL Football Forum. So, it makes sense to go 4-4-2 and start in a positive manner, despite the bad result and performance at the weekend. It's the first CL home game. We've got to take the game by the scruff of the neck - for the fans.

If we start poorly, then I can see a change happening, but hopefully we're not 4-0 down by then!

Archived