Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

I jumped on the Animal Crossing train cos of the hype and reviews. Never really understood the series before, but it's been a few days now and I'm well into it. As a father of a 1-month-old, it's the perfect game to just completely chill out with when there's a spare moment.

Anyone use a HDMI splitter with their switch? Looking for a 2 in (PC, Switch) 1 out (monitor) so I can swap between the 2 on my pc set up. Reading the reviews on amazon doesn't fill me with confidence that they work as the switch has pretty garbage power output to keep the thing runner. Anyone got a recommendation? <3

On 29/03/2020 at 12:49, Ashley said:

Sold out everywhere. Looking for one on delivery and no hope. 

If your looking for animal crossing, downloading it might be the best option, g2a have it for £45 and a few pennies. Not my preferred option since you can't trade it in after but if your desperate it's cheaper than grabbing it from the nintendo store. :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Anyone use a HDMI splitter with their switch? Looking for a 2 in (PC, Switch) 1 out (monitor) so I can swap between the 2 on my pc set up. Reading the reviews on amazon doesn't fill me with confidence that they work as the switch has pretty garbage power output to keep the thing runner. Anyone got a recommendation? <3

If your looking for animal crossing, downloading it might be the best option, g2a have it for £45 and a few pennies. Not my preferred option since you can't trade it in after but if your desperate it's cheaper than grabbing it from the nintendo store. :dunno: 

The actual Switch itself mate. Doubt I'll get animal crossing for starters if at all. 

32 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wow, surprised to hear you can't get one of those for delivery, thought they were everywhere after xmas. :o

Coronavirus pandemic and they've sold out virtually everywhere. 

I've seem one or two places say they're restocking this week so hopefully I'll be able to pick one up then. 

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

With the limited time I have for gaming these days, one of these consoles will never attract my attention until the prices of the games comes down.  Titles are ridiculously expensive on the switch.  

Agreed, and mostly for games that you can pick up cheap on other consoles. I really want to play The Witcher 3 on Switch but I refuse to pay £50 when I can get it for £8 on PS4.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

So what's the current closest to Wii Sports that we have on the Switch please? Also recommendations on games to get. 

Mario Kart is 100% getting purchased 

Mario Maker 2 is class.  Never had a game that I dip back into so often.

20 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Is anyone hearing rumours for mario 35th anniversary that they are looking to port over classic games such as Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy and others. 

if this is true take my money!!!

Would love to go through Mario Sunshine again. No doubt they will release them with mental prices

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Would love to go through Mario Sunshine again. No doubt they will release them with mental prices

most likely i do hope not and they release as either a download or at a cut price especially if the virus is still around.

23 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

They'll be full price like all major Nintendo titles. I read somewhere that 3D World Deluxe will be sold as a separate game while HD remakes of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy will all be on the same cartridge.

If that's the case then they can justify selling for 1 price. Some hours of gameplay there.

I would actually buy that. Sunshine was so underrated. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Love a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh. Got Oberlisk the Tormentor in my wallet. lol 

I was thinking of getting the latest game. Is it decent?

Haven't received it yet bud, only bought it yesterday online. Got to go pick me Switch up from Argos either tomorrow or Thursday, I'm waiting for the crowds to hopefully die down a bit.

• Like 1

After several false starts, I think I'm beginning to get into Zelda Breath of the Wild

I'd attempted it before but found it a bit frustrating and un-Zelda like. I'm approaching it this time by sort of treating it as not a Zelda game in the traditional sense. I'm really hoping the find the game that everyone raves about!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

After several false starts, I think I'm beginning to get into Zelda Breath of the Wild

I'd attempted it before but found it a bit frustrating and un-Zelda like. I'm approaching it this time by sort of treating it as not a Zelda game in the traditional sense. I'm really hoping the find the game that everyone raves about!

I did exactly that. Took my mind away from the Zelda aspect of it and treated it like a puzzler with the shrines etc. The game is ok, it certainly isn't up there as a great game for me. I wont tell you why I thought it wasn't a great game in case it spoils it for you.

Will be interested to see if your thoughts are similar to mine. As when I talk about BOTW people look at me gone out as if im mad for not bumming it off. 

On 21/04/2020 at 08:41, kingcarr21 said:

I did exactly that. Took my mind away from the Zelda aspect of it and treated it like a puzzler with the shrines etc. The game is ok, it certainly isn't up there as a great game for me. I wont tell you why I thought it wasn't a great game in case it spoils it for you.

Will be interested to see if your thoughts are similar to mine. As when I talk about BOTW people look at me gone out as if im mad for not bumming it off. 

have had to put it to one side after having a quick go on Animal Crossing which my son got for his birthday but seemed less than impressed with.

Now I can't stop playing it. Even though Tom Nook got me working like some kind of slave so I can pay off my debt to him just so he can lend me a load more!