Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

Game recommendations for when I finally get one? 

Got Marip Kart, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Crash Bandicoot and Rollercoaster Tycoon bookmarked at the minute. 

I think I've asked before but is there anything similar to the Wii Sports?

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Got Marip Kart, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Crash Bandicoot and Rollercoaster Tycoon bookmarked at the minute. 

If you fancy some local coop/2 player mayhem, The Stretchers was a bit of a hoot. Also Streets of Rage 4 is on Switch too I think?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

This?

If you want to kill a lot of time then Breath of the Wild, Odyssey and Dragon Quest XI are all great and although I've not played either on the Switch I've heard a lot of good things about the Witcher 3 & Skyrim ports.  Mario Maker 2 is the perfect casual chilling game, always good for a quick dip. 

Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a bit of a hidden gem.

Edited by Carl the Llama

On 12/05/2020 at 12:24, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Something had to inform my views that the likes of Andy Johnson, Josh Low and Neil Danns would eventually come good.

saw him in Melton tesco the other week. I forgot he even played for us.... had to mutter "forest bastard" under my breath as he was choosing a bottle of wine

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Fox of WA said:

Just beat calamity ganon in BOTW and it was...underwhelming.  Good thing the rest of the game is so much fun to explore.  It was shocking how much harder some of the lynels are than the final boss.

I don't think I have actually played it for about year and was probably about 2/3rds of the way through the game, not looking forward to getting back on it and trying to learn the controls again!

Just now, moore_94 said:

I don't think I have actually played it for about year and was probably about 2/3rds of the way through the game, not looking forward to getting back on it and trying to learn the controls again!

The DLC is pretty fun if you haven't tried it.  The master sword trials are really tough for me and the one hit obliterator quest is a really fun challenge.  The side quests are definitely more fun than the actual game.

Just now, Fox of WA said:

The DLC is pretty fun if you haven't tried it.  The master sword trials are really tough for me and the one hit obliterator quest is a really fun challenge.  The side quests are definitely more fun than the actual game.

That is something I definitely remember, I enjoyed the side quests so much I went around doing every single one I could until I had to go further in the main story, might as well pick it back up again!

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That is something I definitely remember, I enjoyed the side quests so much I went around doing every single one I could until I had to go further in the main story, might as well pick it back up again!

I didn't go in expecting much but it's honestly the most relaxing video game I've ever played.  Just exploring and occasionally beating on some monsters is strangely calming.  It's like some strange ASMR experience.  :D

Still think BOTW is a massive disappointment, as much as it looks beautiful and the game mechanics work really well I just cant get past the fact the dungeons are terrible, bosses are poor and the final battle with Ganon is just all kinds of Bad.

It would be nowhere near the top in my list of best Zelda games.

On 03/08/2020 at 08:58, kingcarr21 said:

Still think BOTW is a massive disappointment, as much as it looks beautiful and the game mechanics work really well I just cant get past the fact the dungeons are terrible, bosses are poor and the final battle with Ganon is just all kinds of Bad.

It would be nowhere near the top in my list of best Zelda games.

Fingers crossed for the sequel then. 

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It won game of the year in 2017.  Should of gone to HZD!  :mad:

Much preferred HZD. Zelda was missing everything that a Zelda game should have. Clever dungeons and amazing bosses. BOTW fell flat on its face in that department

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/05/2020 at 11:45, Ashley said:

Still sold out everywhere 

I finally got around to getting one when I saw a store not too far from me actually had one in stock.

I mainly got it for my niece to keep at her place, since I have my PS4 at my home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I finally got around to getting one when I saw a store not too far from me actually had one in stock.

I mainly got it for my niece to keep at her place, since I have my PS4 at my home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Good fun to be honest. I've got my xbod but thr switch is something different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Good fun to be honest. I've got my xbod but thr switch is something different.

Enjoying it so far. I forgot how well Nintendo make things, right on down to the packaging for the Switch. Just top notch stuff.

Was a bit overwhelmed with all the games in the eStore, as I've been trying out the NES and SNES games that I remember from way back when. A few demos also that caught my eye. I must have spent over and hour just playing the Mega Man 11 demo.

I'll certainly need to add some more storage, as I can see that's going to fill up quick. Maybe another controller, of some sort.

I'm having second thoughts about leaving this at my sister's for my niece, now that I've spent a day with it lol

39 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Enjoying it so far. I forgot how well Nintendo make things, right on down to the packaging for the Switch. Just top notch stuff.

Was a bit overwhelmed with all the games in the eStore, as I've been trying out the NES and SNES games that I remember from way back when. A few demos also that caught my eye. I must have spent over and hour just playing the Mega Man 11 demo.

I'll certainly need to add some more storage, as I can see that's going to fill up quick. Maybe another controller, of some sort.

I'm having second thoughts about leaving this at my sister's for my niece, now that I've spent a day with it lol

I highly recommend the Pro Controller if you're ditching your plan to leave the Switch with your niece :D It's a great pad for big games such as BOTW, Skyrim or Mario Odyssey, whereas the joycons are too small for an adult's hands and still suffer from drifting issues.

• Thanks 1