Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

Speaking of the Switch shop, I see the Mario + Rabbids game is 9th in the shop's charts.  That's a relatively risky launch title still selling at a top-10 rate after all this time and it's mopping the floor with Nintendo's flagships BOTW (20th) and Odyssey (23rd, one place behind the incredible Resi 4 which I didn't realise had a Switch release).  Talk about a sleeper hit.

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Speaking of the Switch shop, I see the Mario + Rabbids game is 9th in the shop's charts.  That's a relatively risky launch title still selling at a top-10 rate after all this time and it's mopping the floor with Nintendo's flagships BOTW (20th) and Odyssey (23rd, one place behind the incredible Resi 4 which I didn't realise had a Switch release).  Talk about a sleeper hit.

That one is always on sale for 75% off.

On 12/02/2021 at 14:26, Carl the Llama said:

Wouldn’t say it’s mopping the floor with them.

BotW has sold 21.45m and Odyssey 20.23m.

Yea Mario Rabbids is an obvious title for new Switch owners when its a Mario game that is always cheap.

BotW i just didn't think was a proper Zelda game. Mario Odyssey as absolutely brilliant. Loved playing that. Completed that 100%.

Sold my Switch now to put money in the House moving fund. Only reason i got it was for BotW and eventually Metroid Prime 4. Ill buy a switch again once ive moved house and MP4 is released.

what games does everyone own for the switch ? Mine are 

Mario odyssey (best Mario game for me personally)

Mario kart 8 deluxe ( addicted to playing the battles online) 

Mario 3D all stars ( brought it but never really started playing it yet. Completed Mario 64 and Mario 64ds. Never played galaxy or sunshine)

Mario tennis aces ( have good memories of Mario tennis 64. So brought it, completed the story mode was abit meh but my daughter enjoys it) 

Mario maker 2 ( decent enough but don’t really enjoy building the courses. Rather play other people’s. 

Mario 3D land ( got it Friday, really impressed with it so far. Great for 2 players aswell) 

Mario sonic Tokyo olympics ( worst game I’ve brought. Not really fun to play and even the 2 player mode is boring) 

super smash bros ( great game and before this I’ve only played the n64 version. So this is brilliant in terms of how many characters and courses you get. Even brought the  extra characters 

Animal crossing ( my daughter got it for Xmas never played it, don’t think it’s my kind of game) 

Just dance 2020 ( never played it present for my daughter) 

The games I’m after getting next are probably Mario bros, Luigi mansion and donkey Kong. I do want the Zelda game because everyone says it’s amazing but I’ve never really played Zelda before. Only time I did was on the N64 and I don’t think I completed it. 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

what games does everyone own for the switch ? Mine are 

Mario odyssey (best Mario game for me personally)

Mario kart 8 deluxe ( addicted to playing the battles online) 

Mario 3D all stars ( brought it but never really started playing it yet. Completed Mario 64 and Mario 64ds. Never played galaxy or sunshine)

Mario tennis aces ( have good memories of Mario tennis 64. So brought it, completed the story mode was abit meh but my daughter enjoys it) 

Mario maker 2 ( decent enough but don’t really enjoy building the courses. Rather play other people’s. 

Mario 3D land ( got it Friday, really impressed with it so far. Great for 2 players aswell) 

Mario sonic Tokyo olympics ( worst game I’ve brought. Not really fun to play and even the 2 player mode is boring) 

super smash bros ( great game and before this I’ve only played the n64 version. So this is brilliant in terms of how many characters and courses you get. Even brought the  extra characters 

Animal crossing ( my daughter got it for Xmas never played it, don’t think it’s my kind of game) 

Just dance 2020 ( never played it present for my daughter) 

The games I’m after getting next are probably Mario bros, Luigi mansion and donkey Kong. I do want the Zelda game because everyone says it’s amazing but I’ve never really played Zelda before. Only time I did was on the N64 and I don’t think I completed it. 

I'm fairly new to Switch and only have a couple of the big titles.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars: Hadn't played them before, so was a must buy. Loving Galaxy!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Grabbed it on sale and have only just started it, but it's absolutely brilliant, even in the early stages.

Mega Man 11: Was my first purchase for Switch. Need to get back to it as it is a lot of fun and I'd love to actually finish a Mega Man game.

Mario & Sonic Tokyo Olympics: Totally agree with you on this one. I'm just glad I got it on sale. My niece and nephew like it though, so not a total loss.

Other than those I play: Fortnite, Rocket League, Grid Autosport, Doom 3, Trials Rising and WWE 2K Battlegrounds.

I also really enjoy the free SNES and NES game collections.

Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are my most wanted games. Trying to finish up with 3D All Stars before I purchase them though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

50 Minute Nintendo Direct being shown tomorrow at 10PM

Given that we’re approaching Zelda’s 35th anniversary, I’m expecting some Zelda news here! A Zelda collection similar to the Mario one would be nice. Would love to have Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on the Switch. Hopefully we’ll get a trailer or anything from the sequel to BOTW as well 🙏

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

what games does everyone own for the switch ?

Owned (and still do) an n64, GameCube and Wii but not the Wii U. Had about ten years away from gaming but bought the Switch back in October and I’ve been reeled back into it. What a system. Purchased two games with it;

Animal Crossing for the Mrs. Don’t really understand the hype for it, maybe we haven’t played it enough but neither of us are hooked. The other game was Super Mario 3D All Stars for me, even though I still own 64 and Sunshine. Nostalgia overload. Re-completed 64, still a great game but not aged too kindly. Nearly re-completed Sunshine. Underrated game, aged really well. Actually preferred Sunshine over 64, which shocked me as I preferred 64 back in the day. Onto Galaxy next, which I have never played.

The nostalgic joys made me start playing NES and SNES games (mostly Mario, Zelda, Metroid) and I got a little addicted to the original Mario Bros. This led me to purchase Super Mario Maker 2. Been addicted to it since purchase and think I will be until I get my super world completed. Creating it original NES game-style. Maker ID is in a couple of posts above if anyone wants to try it out. I’ve not completed it yet but have posted the first draft of the first 4 worlds. This newfound love of 2D platforming led me to...

Horace. Heart-warming throwback nostalgic game, which played into my nostalgic mind state. Over halfway through and have really enjoyed it. Highly recommended, especially as it’s a budget price.

Ori and the Blind Forest. Masterpiece. Just finished last night. If you love 2D platforming then this is a must-buy. Got it for £14.99 and I think it’s on a deal for like £10 now. Bargain. Will get the sequel at one point.

Hollow Knight. Bit of a white lie this one. I actually got it on PS4 back in November/December when it was available ‘for free’ on PS Plus. Listed it here because I will end up getting it on Switch when my PS Plus account finishes. Very tough game. Not for the feint-hearted. More combat involved than Ori. Slightly prefer Ori, but this is still a 9/10 game.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Just got this a couple of days ago after enjoying the demo and seeing it at a discounted price of £9.99. From some of the makers of Donkey Kong on the SNES and Banjo-Kazooie on the n64. This is the second instalment of the franchise. 2D platformer just like the Donkey Kong SNES games. Not played past the demo yet because I also bought with it...

Yooka-Laylee. The first instalment. This one is 3D style like the Banjo games. If you loved the Banjo games you’ll enjoy this one. Only 4 hours in but enjoying myself. Don’t think it will match the quality of the Banjo games as the game seems to lack a bit of polish and can be a little awkward. Fun little game so far though. Will be worth the £8 price.

Skyrim. Mrs wanted it for Xmas as she really liked playing it a few years ago. I find that hard to believe as she’s hopeless at computer games haha. Think I’ll enjoy this one too when I get around to playing it as I love the Zelda games which leads me to...

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Mrs got me this for Xmas. Taking this one slowly, savouring it, as I love the Zelda franchise. Not that far into it yet but think it may challenge Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask as my favourite Zelda. So different from past Zelda’s but still feels like Zelda. Weird. Will probably get Link’s Awakening and any other port/remake that Nintendo can throw my way...

Also picked up Oceanhorn for a budget £6. Zelda-lite. Mrs is enjoying it, hoping it gets her into Zelda. Seems decent enough for £6.

On my radar (other than the Ori sequel and anything Zelda-related) is Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Hades, Astral Chain. However, there is only so many hours in the day. Need to finish all these games first...

Edited by Oswinner

6 minutes ago, Oswinner said:

Owned (and still do) an n64, GameCube and Wii but not the Wii U. Had about ten years away from gaming but bought the Switch back in October and I’ve been reeled back into it. What a system. Purchased two games with it;

Animal Crossing for the Mrs. Don’t really understand the hype for it, maybe we haven’t played it enough but neither of us are hooked. The other game was Super Mario 3D All Stars for me, even though I still own 64 and Sunshine. Nostalgia overload. Re-completed 64, still a great game but not aged too kindly. Nearly re-completed Sunshine. Underrated game, aged really well. Actually preferred Sunshine over 64, which shocked me as I preferred 64 back in the day. Onto Galaxy next, which I have never played.

The nostalgic joys made me start playing NES and SNES games (mostly Mario, Zelda, Metroid) and I got a little addicted to the original Mario Bros. This led me to purchase Super Mario Maker 2. Been addicted to it since purchase and think I will be until I get my super world completed. Creating it original NES game-style. Maker ID is in a couple of posts above if anyone wants to try it out. I’ve not completed it yet but have posted the first draft of the first 4 worlds. This newfound love of 2D platforming led me to...

Horace. Heart-warming throwback nostalgic game, which played into my nostalgic mind state. Over halfway through and have really enjoyed it. Highly recommended, especially as it’s a budget price.

Ori and the Blind Forest. Masterpiece. Just finished last night. If you love 2D platforming then this is a must-buy. Got it for £14.99 and I think it’s on a deal for like £10 now. Bargain. Will get the sequel at one point.

Hollow Knight. Bit of a white lie this one. I actually got it on PS4 back in November/December when it was available ‘for free’ on PS Plus. Listed it here because I will end up getting it on Switch when my PS Plus account finishes. Very tough game. Not for the feint-hearted. More combat involved than Ori. Slightly prefer Ori, but this is still a 9/10 game.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Just got this a couple of days ago after enjoying the demo and seeing it at a discounted price of £9.99. From some of the makers of Donkey Kong on the SNES and Banjo-Kazooie on the n64. This is the second instalment of the franchise. 2D platformer just like the Donkey Kong SNES games. Not played past the demo yet because I also bought with it...

Yooka-Laylee. The first instalment. This one is 3D style like the Banjo games. If you loved the Banjo games you’ll enjoy this one. Only 4 hours in but enjoying myself. Don’t think it will match the quality of the Banjo games as the game seems to lack a bit of polish and can be a little awkward. Fun little game so far though. Will be worth the £8 price.

Skyrim. Mrs wanted it for Xmas as she really liked playing it a few years ago. I find that hard to believe as she’s hopeless as computer games haha. Think I’ll enjoy this one too when I get around to playing it as I love the Zelda games which leads me to...

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Mrs got me this for Xmas. Taking this one slowly, savouring it, as I love the Zelda franchise. Not that far into it yet but think it may challenge Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask as my favourite Zelda. So different from past Zelda’s but still feels like Zelda. Weird. Will probably get Link’s Awakening and any other port/remake that Nintendo can throw my way...

Also picked up Oceanhorn for a budget £6. Zelda-lite. Mrs is enjoying it, hoping it gets her into Zelda. Seems decent enough for £6.

On my radar (other than the Ori sequel and anything Zelda-related) is Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Hades, Astral Chain. However, there is only so many hours in the day. Need to finish all these games first...

I really didnt feel BotW feeling like a Zelda game. Its weird as i still enjoyed it but just isnt anywhere near top of my faves list. Its all about the dungeons for me in a Zelda game and BotW is just poor when it comes to dungeons. I wont say anymore as i would be interested to see how you felt about the game. 

Twilight Princess i think is my fave Zelda game. Majoras Mask and OoT have serious nostalgia with me though so they are both up there in my faves list. Love the Zelda games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Bought Pokemon Shield at the beginning of the month. Safe to say it has taken over all my gaming hours and is still very much like the games on the old gameboy 

The DLCs are pretty fun as well, with the new raid system and Dynamax adventures etc, plenty to keep you playing

25th Anniversary next week for Pokemon as well so hopefully they will announce a new main line game!

Breakdown of the Nintendo Direct

• New Smash Characters: Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - March 2021
  • Fall Guys - Summer 2021
  • Outer Wilds - Summer 2021
  • Famicom Detective Club - 14th May 2021
  • Samurai Warriors 5 - Summer 20213
  • Legend of Mana Remaster - 24th June 2021
  • Monster Hunter Rise - 26th March 20201
  • Mario Golf - 25th June 2021
  • Tales from the Borderlands - 24th March 2021
  • Capcom Arcade Stadium (1943 is free) - Out Today
  • Stubbs the Zombie - 16th March 2021
  • No More Heroes 3 - 27th August 2021
  • Neon White - Winter 2021
  • DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power - 4th June 2021
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville - 19th March 2021
  • Miitopia - 21st May 2021
  • Animal Crossing: Super Mario Themed Update - Update is 25th February 2021, Items available 1st March 2021
  • Project Triangle Strategy - Demo out today, 2022 release
  • Star Wars Hunters - 2021
  • Knockout City - 21st May 2021
  • World's End Club - 28th May 2021
  • Hades (Physical Copy) - 19th March 2021
  • Ninja Gaiden Master Collection - 10th June 2021
  • Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Expansion Pass - Available to buy today, 1st DLC June 2021
  • Bravely Default 2 - 26th February 2021
  • Ghosts n' Goblins Resurrection - 25th February 2021
  • SaGa Frontier Remastered - 15th April 2021
  • Apex Legends - 9th March 2021
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (custom Joy-cons also available) - 16th July 2021
  • Splatoon 3 - 2022

No update about Breath of the Wild 2, except that there will be more information later this year

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Samilktray said:

That was absolutely awful lol

They apologised for not showing any BOTW2 content by asking us kindly if we’d like to play a remaster of an old Zelda game (it looked barely improved btw). Genuinely made me cringe to watch that part 

No apology for lulling me into thinking there was more Xenoblade when it was just some new Smash characters.  Ugh

I don’t know if it was a case of expectations being too high/unrealistic, but for me that’s one of the worst Directs they’ve done. I can’t believe that after a 50-minute presentation the game I’m most excited about is an HD port of an average Zelda game followed by a cartoon golf game. Massively underwhelming that their “One more thing” was Splatoon 3. 

It's the same thing with every Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

Start: A good amount of strong exclusives available

Middle: Absolutely **** all good...maybe a decent Mario if you're lucky. Bunch of ports and remasters. 

End: One or two good exclusives which will also release around the same time as their upcoming console which will also have those games. 

The fact they have the cheek to charge full price for a ten year old Zelda game that has barely been worked on just sums up Nintendo. 

• Like 3

Everyone was expecting a 3 in 1 remaster of Zelda to celebrate the 35th anniversary. So very underwhelmed with Skyward sword. Although a decent game in itself I just don't think it will ever be the same without the Wii remote and Nun-Chuck. 

I sold my Switch a few weeks ago to put money towards my house fund. With the view to buy it again in the months to come. I honestly dont think ill bother. BOTW2 i couldnt care less about. I am a massive Zelda fan but BOTW was just not a Zelda game imo. I see we are still waiting for Metroid Prime 4 news. 

Christoph i think has nailed it with his Start, Middle and End description. I reckon an updated console will come out when MP4 finally comes around.

Nintendo really could nail it. NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube Virtual consoles to download the whole library would be quite something. But that would leave them with nowhere to go moving forward as they just rely on the older games too much, so will never happen. Imagine having the whole Nintendo library in the palm of your hand without the need for 2nd rate emulators with piss poor controls.

I wouldn't give up on Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD coming to Switch yet - they've ported over everything else of note from Wii U. They haven't actually made any mention of the 35th anniversary of Zelda either (it's tomorrow, apparently), so there could be more announcements to come, plus a couple of journos who were tweeting Mario All Stars rumours yonks before announcement seem convinced they're happening. Perhaps Nintendo announced Skyword Sword first, as, in their mind, it's a "bigger deal" than porting over WW and TP again, given that this is the first time SS is in HD, whereas the other two are just back again after a fairly recent release (ignorant to the fact most fans consider SS one of the worse 3D Zeldas). July is a long time to wait as well for SS, wouldn't be out of character for them to suddenly drop a WW or TP trailer, then boom, out in a months time.

Those Mario 3D All Stars games were running off emulators, instead of being straight ports. Given that Nintendo has gone to the trouble of developing N64, Gamecube and Wii emulators for the Switch, it would be odd for them not to make use of them again. Still, Nintendo are weird, so who knows.

Third partys been bringing the good old stuff though - having all those Resident Evil games, all the PS2 Devil May Crys, plus loads of crackers from the PS3 and Xbox360 era on a portable console is cracking.