Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I really want one of these but I am literally only interested in the Pokemon games, nothing else entices me.

I'd say it's not worth it just for Sw/Sh unless you're really enthusiastic about the online competitive matches which tbf many people are.  But I'd say it's definitely worth getting one because there are so many other great console(/Nintendo) exclusive games: Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Bubsy 3D, Mario Maker, the list goes on.

Honestly if you buy a Switch and you don't get Mario Maker then you don't deserve opposable thumbs..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right come on then Foxestalk. Sell this console to me. I've half wanted one for a while however I've never made the final leap. 

Do we have anything similar to Wii Sports? I played Mario Kart earlier and it was decent. Anything for the family to join in with? 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Right come on then Foxestalk. Sell this console to me. I've half wanted one for a while however I've never made the final leap. 

Do we have anything similar to Wii Sports? I played Mario Kart earlier and it was decent. Anything for the family to join in with? 

Mario party is currently our favourite family game. And the new olympic one is pretty decent too. There is a few sports game and mini-games but honestly haven't tried them so can't really judge, doubt they could be all that bad though. :D

• Like 1

On 19/12/2019 at 19:30, Ashley said:

Mario Party is great family fun. Easy for all ages to join in with. Loads more diverse in terms of the games and effort put into it compared to wii sports and sports resort etc.

Me and the wife found ourselves using it once kids had gone bed last christmas lol

Mario Party is good except for the bonuses at the end. I lost the game itself but was then given two bonus stars for being the "unluckiest player" and ended up winning which felt like it made the whole hour long board game before it irrelevant! 

Luigi's mansion was pretty good but was starting to feel repetitive by the end.

Mario Kart is obviously always a good laugh. 

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

Mario Party is good except for the bonuses at the end. I lost the game itself but was then given two bonus stars for being the "unluckiest player" and ended up winning which felt like it made the whole hour long board game before it irrelevant! 

Are you sure you weren't playing "Mario Party - Tottenham Hotspur edition"? lol

Edited by stripeyfox

18 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Yeah the bonuses are a bit odd. Sure it's menst to even it up make it a bit interesting. But sometimes they don't make much sense and because they are random it can massively alter the result.

Have to say tho. Having gone from the wii to the switch the game content in terms of leaps from wii sports resort or wii party etc to this is massive. They put some real effort into this game. The kids still haven't finished all the content a year on.

Gonna have to have a look at this mario maker next I reckon and see what the fuss about Luigis mansion is as well once Christmas dies down, assuming the lad hasn't been brought either as presents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/02/2020 at 13:54, kingcarr21 said:

Ive ploughed in 120 hours into Dragon Quest. Great game. Finished all quests, all Characters maxed out. Now just opened up the final Tockington book. Should have this done tonight. 

Nice. That and Xenoblade Chronicles are on my list as massive games to play. Need to justify the value of my switch since I'm in the minority that really didn't like Breath of the Wild...

Currently playing Fire Emblem which is excellent. I've even got over my prejudice for weird JRPG writing/characters because of it so will hopefully enjoy Dragon Quest when I get to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Nice. That and Xenoblade Chronicles are on my list as massive games to play. Need to justify the value of my switch since I'm in the minority that really didn't like Breath of the Wild...

Currently playing Fire Emblem which is excellent. I've even got over my prejudice for weird JRPG writing/characters because of it so will hopefully enjoy Dragon Quest when I get to it.

I'd give xenoblade a pass tbh, there are some really cool blades and skills to unlock but it's not enough to override the drudgery and monotony of the core gameplay.  Get on the DQXI train, also worth looking into Valkyria Chronicles if you like Fire Emblem.

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

As big of a Zelda fan I am I also wasn't keen on BOTW. 

Im on the very final boss on DQ11 now and it is solid. Just a little prep work then I should finish it tonight. Well worth buying

21 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

As big of a Zelda fan I am I also wasn't keen on BOTW. 

Im on the very final boss on DQ11 now and it is solid. Just a little prep work then I should finish it tonight. Well worth buying

Finished 100%. All quests done, Tockington completed. Tymeworm destroyed. All legendary equipment. 126 hours. A great game from start to finish

Some RPG Switch talk going on in here. Like it. :) Fire Emblem was my favorite game last year (Golden Deer House for the win by the way... ;)). Xenoblade games scares me with the action combat systems, as I do like my chilled turn-based gameplay. Kind of regret not jumping on Dragon Quest XI when it was on sale last month, so will probably jump on next time there is a sale for it.

Do people have some recommends for turn-based strategy on the Switch?

I just tried Banner Saga, but it was a bit too clunky for me and did not like the mostly written story. Have Wargroove, SteamWorld Heist and Into the Breach installed on my Switch after being picked up on sales. 

Edited by Jonezy
Spelling

22 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Some RPG Switch talk going on in here. Like it. :) Fire Emblem was my favorite game last year (Golden Deer House for the win by the way... ;)). Xenoblade games scares me with the action combat systems, as I do like my chilled turn-based gameplay. Kind of regret not jumping on Dragon Quest XI when it was on sale last month, so will probably jump on next time there is a sale for it.

Do people have some recommends for turn-based strategy on the Switch?

I just tried Banner Saga, but it was a bit too clunky for me and did not like the mostly written story. Have Wargroove, SteamWorld Heist and Into the Breach installed on my Switch after being picked up on sales. 

Valkyria Chronicles is an interesting take on the turn based format.  Probably watch some gameplay videos first though because it's not everyone's cup of tea (though if you like Fire Emblem you'll probably get on with this too).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Thinking of picking one of these up as this year's looking like a bit of a shitter. Any decent game recommendations that a 4/5 year old could play? 1 might kick up a pokemon game with it as well 

The pokemon game should be great for that age. My 6 year old nephew loves it. Mario kart is always decent too. Mario party is good too if your getting the original switch, don't think it works with the lite one though. 

• Thanks 1