Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

• 1 month later...

Eager to try out the (free) updates to Tetris99 - Daily challenges to earn tickets to buy new themes, achievement-based unlockable icons and a new 'Invictus' mode which looks identical to the main game except to qualify you have to have at least one win under your belt. It'll probably get me playing more regularly again - sunk so much time into it which for a free game is brilliant.

Another paid DLC available as well for more offline & local multiplayer modes, although I'll probably give it a miss.

18 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

SNES games now available on Nintendo Switch Online, 20 games including Super Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

When is this happening? Can't see them yet? 

EDIT - found it - was looking in the NES "app" rather than downloading the SNES one!

Edited by stripeyfox

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Lite the other day, only got Stardew Valley installed this far as I'm waiting on an SD card to turn up. Think I'll be filling it out with indie titles for the time being as the real big hitters (Breath of the Wild, Odyssey etc) seem to have held their value extremely well. Some fantastic games getting ported before the end of the year so it could end up being a very expensive investment! Like the look and feel of it though and the menus, sound effects and so on have the typical Nintendo charm.

Aside from cloud storage, is there any reason to fork out for an online subscription considering I highly doubt I'll be playing any online multiplayer games? 

6 hours ago, Guest said:

Got my Lite the other day, only got Stardew Valley installed this far as I'm waiting on an SD card to turn up. Think I'll be filling it out with indie titles for the time being as the real big hitters (Breath of the Wild, Odyssey etc) seem to have held their value extremely well. Some fantastic games getting ported before the end of the year so it could end up being a very expensive investment! Like the look and feel of it though and the menus, sound effects and so on have the typical Nintendo charm.

Aside from cloud storage, is there any reason to fork out for an online subscription considering I highly doubt I'll be playing any online multiplayer games? 

I only got the online subscription for the NES and now SNES games available. Unless you plan on playing some retro games its probably not worth it

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Guest said:

14 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I only got the online subscription for the NES and now SNES games available. Unless you plan on playing some retro games its probably not worth it

Or indeed if you plan on getting Mario Maker and want to access people's courses.  It's a pretty cheap service tbf, I'm paying a little over £3/month for it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2019 at 07:03, VinceNoir said:

Apart from framerate issues, the Link's Awakening remake is truly stunning. Really enjoying it!

I watched the first 40 minutes gameplay and noticed severe frame rate drops. Thought my internet was lagging. Very poor from Nintendo.

3 hours ago, somebum said:

I watched the first 40 minutes gameplay and noticed severe frame rate drops. Thought my internet was lagging. Very poor from Nintendo.

Yeah, it’s pretty bad. However, it didn’t bother me too much after a while. And the game itself is just amazing. 

• Like 1

Links awakening is great, problem is I still remember what to do from when I played the Gameboy game. Already got 4 instruments and ive not played long at all.

Bosses are incredibly easy, ive got the red tunic so I am tanking enemies in just a few sword swipes.

Reckon ill be selling this within a week

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Looking to get the Switch Lite for christmas for my son, do most games play well on it? Slightly concerned about the smaller screen as read some games don't adapt that well to it.

personally think you'd be better off going for the full switch. 

nintendo have ongoing issues with joy-con drift and already seen reports of it happening on the lite. 

at least with the full switch you can send the joy-cons off separately to be repaired / buy new ones. 

you also get the added benefit of docking it on your TV - so perhaps you can join in and play games together rather than being limited to the small handheld screen.

can't say I've heard anything about games not adapting to the screen but having used my switch in handheld mode predominantly; I wouldn't want a smaller screen at all - it's just right as is. 

hope that helps. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just got a Switch Lite with my phone upgrade. The Mrs is also upgrading hers next week and will also get one so that is presents sorted for both of the kids for Christmas.

Is there anything I need to know? If we buy a game can it be installed on both consoles or will I need to buy it twice?

22 minutes ago, pds said:

Just got a Switch Lite with my phone upgrade. The Mrs is also upgrading hers next week and will also get one so that is presents sorted for both of the kids for Christmas.

Is there anything I need to know? If we buy a game can it be installed on both consoles or will I need to buy it twice?

You wont have to buy it twice but both kids wont be able to play it at the same time. You need the game card inserted into the console.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

You wont have to buy it twice but both kids wont be able to play it at the same time. You need the game card inserted into the console.

Nice one cheers. My oldest already has a Fortnite account on PS4 and I've read you can merge the Account with the Switch whch should be useful.