Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Usually fully on board the remakes, but not this one. Loved the original games and played them for ages, but can't see them having the same appeal these days. And it's been so long since we've seen a new screenshooter that it would be nice to see one with the tech of today.

I hope they have some form of gun, so we haven't gotta use the controllers. Not getting my hopes up, but I do want it to be decent.

• 4 weeks later...

Took the plunge and bought the Witcher 3 for this (my daughters) last night. Already completed it on the Xbox but the switch version comes with all the DLC as well.

Going to take my time with it a bit more this time and just travel the land as much as I can.

3 hours ago, snoopy87 said:

Took the plunge and bought the Witcher 3 for this (my daughters) last night. Already completed it on the Xbox but the switch version comes with all the DLC as well.

Going to take my time with it a bit more this time and just travel the land as much as I can.

I am replaying this game again for Switch as I completed it years ago (without DLC on PS). 

The best game ever made IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Adster said:

I am replaying this game again for Switch as I completed it years ago (without DLC on PS). 

The best game ever made IMO. 

Assassins Creed 2 was and remained my favorite game of all time until I got The Witcher through gamepass last year. The sheer size of the game and the multiple endings available keep it interesting. There's a certain mission I know to do now which has an impact on the final story which I failed to do last time round.

Picked up Pokemon Snap last Friday but only got around to playing it last night and it even though I only played for an hour or so it is pretty fun so far!

Has the kind of graphics and animations that would have been a big upgrade for Sword/Shield

Only thing that annoys me is that when you complete an area and after selecting the photos to submit you have to go through each one individually to get a score and go through a pop up screen saying you found a new Pokemon each time, can be quite time consuming in the areas with a lot of Pokemon

Edited by moore_94

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Looking for a new game I can really get my teeth into. Have the classic Pokémon shield, mario kart and party. Unsure on the Zelda game due to how pricey it is still

I think the issue with Zelda being pricey is something you will find with the vast majority of Switch games as they just don't seem to really get reduced

There is a fair few Mario games that are pretty fun; Odyssey, Luigis Mansion, Super Mario Bros U

The couple of Zelda games that are out; Breath of the Wild and Links Awakening (if you prefer the OG Zelda games Links Awakening would be the better choice as it is the original game remade in Chibi)

Spyro Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Lego Games, Witcher 3

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think the issue with Zelda being pricey is something you will find with the vast majority of Switch games as they just don't seem to really get reduced

There is a fair few Mario games that are pretty fun; Odyssey, Luigis Mansion, Super Mario Bros U

The couple of Zelda games that are out; Breath of the Wild and Links Awakening (if you prefer the OG Zelda games Links Awakening would be the better choice as it is the original game remade in Chibi)

Spyro Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Lego Games, Witcher 3

Yeah you're right, a lot are pricey unless you catch them on discounts from Amazon etc. 

Luigi's mansion looks pretty good and an alternative to classic mario. 

Loved both spyro and crash remakes on my Xbox too. How does witcher hold up?

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yeah you're right, a lot are pricey unless you catch them on discounts from Amazon etc. 

Haven't played Witcher 3 on Switch, played it on PS4 though and it is one of the best games I have ever played

@Adster and @snoopy87  mentioned above that they are both playing Witcher on the Switch so would be better to let you know :) 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Haven't played Witcher 3 on Switch, played it on PS4 though and it is one of the best games I have ever played

@Adster and @snoopy87  mentioned above that they are both playing Witcher on the Switch so would be better to let you know :) 

@UniFox21 I was very surprised how well Witcher 3 holds up on Switch. I've experienced minimal frame rate drops and all visuals and audios are a very good standard. 

Cannot wait for the PS5 patch for Witcher 3 also, it'll look even more beautiful than it already does. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

@UniFox21 I was very surprised how well Witcher 3 holds up on Switch. I've experienced minimal frame rate drops and all visuals and audios are a very good standard. 

Cannot wait for the PS5 patch for Witcher 3 also, it'll look even more beautiful than it already does. 

Always said I'd avoid big games from the Xbox/PS4 to eventually play on them, but I really fancy a game I can get into and take on rather than the current ones I've got mario etc that are very pick up put down ones. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Always said I'd avoid big games from the Xbox/PS4 to eventually play on them, but I really fancy a game I can get into and take on rather than the current ones I've got mario etc that are very pick up put down ones. 

You can't go wrong with it mate, even at £45 with both expansions you get so much value for money with Witcher 3. 

You'll deffo get lost in the world, there is so much to do. I spend more time playing Gwent than anything else lol

• Thanks 1

If anyone's not already doing it, use Dekudeals.com when you're thinking about buying a Switch game. Shows you where is cheapest, and track prices across time, so you can see how often it goes on sale, and what's the cheapest it's ever been. Covers eshop too, which is miles easier than scrolling through the eshop deals on the console.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Looking for a new game I can really get my teeth into. Have the classic Pokémon shield, mario kart and party. Unsure on the Zelda game due to how pricey it is still

No super smash? Easy to play, difficult to master. One of, if not the best, game franchise of all time. 

On 13/05/2021 at 22:28, moore_94 said:

Having had a few hours over the weekend and running around White Orchard again I can confirm this game runs superbly on the Switch. Surprised the loading times haven't been longer as well.

From my first play through, I've already come across a few side quests I managed to completely missed

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Picked up breath of the wild the other day, so far am not disappointed at all. Absolutely loving it so far.

I played it when it first came out, absolutely loved it and got about 3/4 of the way through it but unfortunately I ended up putting it down for a while after starting a new job and now I haven’t played it in over a year

I really want to get back into it but get the feeling I have completely forgotten the controls haha

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 08:33, snoopy87 said:

Having had a few hours over the weekend and running around White Orchard again I can confirm this game runs superbly on the Switch. Surprised the loading times haven't been longer as well.

From my first play through, I've already come across a few side quests I managed to completely missed

Plugged this into the cradle and tried it on the TV earlier, must say it looked pretty good to be fair. There's obvious quality differences to the big console version but all in all a very good port to the Switch. Locked in a struggle with the daughter now though as she's got back into animal crossing.

Must say, I never "got" the Switch when it first came out, but since getting my daughter hers last year, I think its a brilliant little console

On 13/05/2021 at 22:40, UniFox21 said:

Can recommend Subnautica Sub Zero on the Switch

• Like 1

Bird got me a Switch for my birthday, playing Breath of the Wild and I rate it so much. The map is huge, like almost overwhelmingly.

Love all the Shrine puzzles and the climbing etc, but it doesn't give much away in terms of items you need and that.

Haven't played a Zelda game since Windwaker and my favourite is (obviously) Ocarina of Time, but this is right up there for me.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2021 at 15:35, FerrisBueller said:

Bird got me a Switch for my birthday, playing Breath of the Wild and I rate it so much. The map is huge, like almost overwhelmingly.

Love all the Shrine puzzles and the climbing etc, but it doesn't give much away in terms of items you need and that.

Haven't played a Zelda game since Windwaker and my favourite is (obviously) Ocarina of Time, but this is right up there for me.

I think I've run through that game four times now, glad you like it.  Surprisingly marmite game based on comments here but I absolutely love it.

In other news!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-27-nintendo-switch-pro-to-be-unveiled-before-e3

Good news, there have been a few games recently (Hyrule Warriors comes to mind) where the hardware has simply struggled.  Particularly painful when you consider some of these are 1st party games.

Edited by Zear0