Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Enjoying it so far. I forgot how well Nintendo make things, right on down to the packaging for the Switch. Just top notch stuff.

Was a bit overwhelmed with all the games in the eStore, as I've been trying out the NES and SNES games that I remember from way back when. A few demos also that caught my eye. I must have spent over and hour just playing the Mega Man 11 demo.

I'll certainly need to add some more storage, as I can see that's going to fill up quick. Maybe another controller, of some sort.

I'm having second thoughts about leaving this at my sister's for my niece, now that I've spent a day with it lol

52 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I highly recommend the Pro Controller if you're ditching your plan to leave the Switch with your niece :D It's a great pad for big games such as BOTW, Skyrim or Mario Odyssey, whereas the joycons are too small for an adult's hands and still suffer from drifting issues.

i use an 8BitDo SF30 Pro. I play a lot of platformers so find the D-Pad in a more comfortable position and apparently the Pro Controller's isn't great (as well as it being double the price). depends what sort of games you play in all honesty.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Mario 3D collection coming on the 18th of this month for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Brothers.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Galaxy

Looks good. Consider the winter time blocked out by this game. Hopefully it'll sell pretty well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 19:21, spacemunky said:

Mario 3D collection coming on the 18th of this month for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Brothers.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars:

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Mario Galaxy

Got it today......Mario 64 is still as good as i remember it!:)

4 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Got it today......Mario 64 is still as good as i remember it!:)

All 3 are new to me as I was Xbox and PS during that time. Always wanted to play them though, so finally I can. Just dipped into each of them and I had so much fun. I'll probably concentrate now on Mario 64 and go in order.

59 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Anyone played Dragon Quest? Worth a go?

Do you like any JRPG's?  The answer to that question is my answer to yours.  If you're a JRPG fan there's no question, if you're not a huge fan but there are certain games in the genre you like then this is one of the best examples of the genre so you'll find things you like here too.  If you've never enjoyed a JRPG then it probably won't turn you.

• Like 1

I bought the nintendo switch (bit late to the game) with some extra controllers so all 4 of us can play. Its been two days and i havent opened it yet because the kids have been cvnts lol

Looking forward to playing mario kart.  Getting tired of fifa 2017 on my xbox 1 lol

Whats the best racing game that isnt impossible to control and a 7 year old would love?  He isnt getting a new game any time soon as he is being a bell but in the future should he decided to smaten up i will consider it.

Edited by Jattdogg

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I bought the nintendo switch (bit late to the game) with some extra controllers so all 4 of us can play. Its been two days and i havent opened it yet because the kids have been cvnts lol

Looking forward to playing mario kart.  Getting tired of fifa 2017 on my xbox 1 lol

Whats the best racing game that isnt impossible to control and a 7 year old would love?  He isnt getting a new game any time soon as he is being a bell but in the future should he decided to smaten up i will consider it.

Besides of course Mario Kart...

I like Mini Motor Racing X. It's got split screen for up to 4 players and its only 25 bucks, or 20 if it's still on sale.

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Crash Team Racing is what I'd say. Better than Mario Kart as it's less random and frustrating.

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Besides of course Mario Kart...

I like Mini Motor Racing X. It's got split screen for up to 4 players and its only 25 bucks, or 20 if it's still on sale.

Not going to lie but the simplicity in it is what i love about some games especially with the kids. Love the price point too. Do you buy games from bestbuy etc or download. Might need to get a microsd if i go that route. 

15 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Crash Team Racing is what I'd say. Better than Mario Kart as it's less random and frustrating.

Looks interesting. Wish you coukd rent these games. They do free demos online or anything?

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Not going to lie but the simplicity in it is what i love about some games especially with the kids. Love the price point too. Do you buy games from bestbuy etc or download. Might need to get a microsd if i go that route. 

Looks interesting. Wish you coukd rent these games. They do free demos online or anything?

I just get them on the Switch from the Nintendo eShop. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I'm still making my way through Galaxy.

Then I'll either get that "new" one or I'll get Odyssey. That never goes on sale does it?

Only once in a blue moon.  Nintendo did have a store sale around Christmas which included a lot of their 1st party titles, caught me completely by surprise, but it still wasn't massive discounts for their games, only up to 33% off iirc.  So yeah it's not like other companies where being patient will pretty much guarantee a good 75%+ off eventually.  For Nintendo games I quite like buying their game vouchers (found in the Switch Online side-menu of the shop) because that way you're at least saving a bit of money on any games over £42.  Since 1st party titles usually £50 that's a guaranteed 15% off every time a new Nintendo game drops so it's better than nothing.

• Thanks 1