Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes - I know plenty of people around the club thanks. He hates it here and they hate him. It'll be good when he's off in the summer. 

His stats are fine, it's his performances and effect on the team that aren't. 

Slimani hasn't been mentioned to me individually but your comment fits with a general comment made to me about different factions within the dressing room. Whether the situation has changed with Shaky in charge I can't say for sure but I'd imagine there's a big difference judging by our efforts on he field.   

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Let's have it right. Shakey has come straight in and dropped Mendy. He's not starting 'fans favourite' Amartey and he's picking Shinji over Slim. He's also not bowed down to the majority thinking on here (that Chilwell should 'surely' replace Fuchs), nor has he gone anyway near Kaputska.

And thank God...we've won four out of four. Does that  seem like any sort of coincidence to you? It doesn't to me.

What I'm hoping in the summer is that Shakey (or someone with just as much sense) comes in and has a really good clear-out of these bang average players we've accumulated since Pearson departed.

I think Mendy is injured col

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Let's have it right. Shakey has come straight in and dropped Mendy. He's not starting 'fans favourite' Amartey and he's picking Shinji over Slim. He's also not bowed down to the majority thinking on here (that Chilwell should 'surely' replace Fuchs), nor has he gone anyway near Kaputska.

And thank God...we've won four out of four. Does that  seem like any sort of coincidence to you? It doesn't to me.

What I'm hoping in the summer is that Shakey (or someone with just as much sense) comes in and has a really good clear-out of these bang average players we've accumulated since Pearson departed.

Hard to argue with those decisions, in terms of making our particular team tick. . 

4 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

It is obvious the difference, but nothing has to do with Shakespeare, players started to play period. They weren't with Ranieri, not Ranieri's fault in my opinion.

Not seen the comments post Southampton about Vardy not understanding his role and then Shakey saying we asked him to play further forward?

Its as clear as day the tactics have changed and to say the players simply weren't trying is unfair - the players weren't comfortable with the tactics Ranieri was trying and trying to change it last season was crazy and ultimately was the reason he got sacked.

3 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Did Slimani do any thing bad to you? You seem to hate the bloke. Calm down a little, that wrath is bad for your health.

One could equally say you bumming Slimani at every occasion is equally hazardous.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

One could equally say you bumming Slimani at every occasion is equally hazardous.

I already said, I just try to educate some people and give you some football knowledge nothing more. And I see things here so ludicrous that I need to comment. If it was a thread about Mahrez or Vardy I would do the same thing, thing is people in this forum are only slating Slimani and Musa. 

23 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I already said, I just try to educate some people and give you some football knowledge nothing more. And I see things here so ludicrous that I need to comment. If it was a thread about Mahrez or Vardy I would do the same thing, thing is people in this forum are only slating Slimani and Musa. 

Thats really big of you to try to educate people.  It really is.  Its a shame more like you dont post on here. 

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes - I know plenty of people around the club thanks. He hates it here and they hate him. It'll be good when he's off in the summer. 

I find it hilarious someone at the club thought he was worth £30m - he's barely worth half that.

I know you have an ear at the club, is Slimani almost certainly off in the summer?

Also did the club really turn down £40m from China?

48 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

You need to either grow up or begin to trawl through the plethora of posts and threads from times past on here. We always strive for the best and don't accept mediocrity on the pitch - or at least favour commitment and teamwork. It's always been that way. More often than not, we tend to hit the nail on the head collectively.

Again, I could equally say you only pop up when Slimani is involved. Fanboy much?

people in this forum are only slating Slimani and Musa. 

No player is safe from criticism.

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You need to either grow up or begin to trawl through the plethora of posts and threads from times past on here. We always strive for the best and don't accept mediocrity on the pitch - or at least favour commitment and teamwork. It's always been that way. More often than not, we tend to hit the nail on the head collectively.

Again, I could equally say you only pop up when Slimani is involved. Fanboy much?

No player is safe from criticism.

Because this thread after a Leicester game is always in the top spot.... That is why I post, no fanboy here, just a football spectator that happens to know something about football, I am no expert far from it, but can understand much things and that is why I comment, and the day any other player thread begins to be in the top spot everytime like this one I will defend him too.

7 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Because this thread after a Leicester game is always in the top spot.... That is why I post, no fanboy here, just a football spectator that happens to know something about football, I am no expert far from it, but can understand much things and that is why I comment, and the day any other player thread begins to be in the top spot everytime like this one I will defend him too.

Well, that's just a lie.

I adore your love for Slimani, I really do. Just don't let the sympathy for one player turn you blind on both eyes.

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, that's just a lie.

I adore your love for Slimani, I really do. Just don't let the sympathy for one player turn you blind on both eyes.

Dude but what love? Just one of the best strikers I have seen in my club nothing more than that. My favourite striker is Aguero, Slimani doesn't even figure in my top-20 strikers. 

58 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Dude but what love? Just one of the best strikers I have seen in my club nothing more than that. My favourite striker is Aguero, Slimani doesn't even figure in my top-20 strikers. 

Look, you're doing it again. Defending your hero like crazy on here.

If that's you standing up for Slimani, I don't want to see what you do to Manchester City fans on their forums when you talk about Agüero.

I appreciate it that you adore the man for what he's done for your club, but I don't see how judging a player's past accomplishments have that much of a say in his present-day evaluation (at a different club). Sometimes, it just don't fit. Sometimes, you excel only for a limited period of time. I hope it's not the case with Slimani, but he looks quite the way off the mark right now.

Oh, and btw: Please stop dude-ing me, dude. "Dude" is reserved for my fellow Canadian (and mostly) American friends - not for a Portuguese football know-it-all.

8 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

It is obvious the difference, but nothing has to do with Shakespeare, players started to play period. They weren't with Ranieri, not Ranieri's fault in my opinion.

I bow my head to your superior football knowledge, sir. Have you ever though about making a living as a pundit? I bet you'd would give the likes of Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen a run for their money.

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I bow my head to your superior football knowledge, sir. Have you ever though about making a living as a pundit? I bet you'd would give the likes of Jamie Carragher and Michael Owen a run for their money.

A bit has to do with Shakespeare but not as much as people think. No player goes from day to night in one game like they did against Liverpool.

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

I know you have an ear at the club, is Slimani almost certainly off in the summer?

Also did the club really turn down £40m from China?

Nothing is ever certain but his agent is being busy....he doesn't like it and would love to go back to Sporting, they'd love him back too. 

China interest is real but he doesn't want to go there.

33 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Nothing is ever certain but his agent is being busy....he doesn't like it and would love to go back to Sporting, they'd love him back too. 

China interest is real but he doesn't want to go there.

That figures. And concurs with comments made to me. 

13 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Not seen the comments post Southampton about Vardy not understanding his role and then Shakey saying we asked him to play further forward?

Its as clear as day the tactics have changed and to say the players simply weren't trying is unfair - the players weren't comfortable with the tactics Ranieri was trying and trying to change it last season was crazy and ultimately was the reason he got sacked.

Absolutely and in a nutshell. Pity the media couldn't seem to grasp it,  

Archived