Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

I'm gutted we never went for Trippier sooner. Good solid right back and a good replacement for Simpson. Also gutted we didn't try for Chambers, he's looking very good in that Middleborough side. 

Someone said to me Rob Holding from Arsenal. He's a talented boy, but I don't think he's what we need right now.

We are desperate for a number 10 who can add some much needed creativity in the final 3rd. Someone who can pick the ball up from midfield and not simply look for a simple sideways pass, but actually drive forward and try to beat a man or two. At the moment we are very one dimensional, with balls over the top or short, safe passes that can't unlock a defence. I was hoping Mahrez could be the number 10, but he seems to be too lightweight or just not as effective there as I thought he could be. Either way, we need some real quality in there in the Sigurdsson mold, although would be suicide for Swansea to sell him now, so will have to look elsewhere. I also think Mahrez is on his way out in the Summer, so no harm in buying now. 

Would also like to see a RB come in that can offer more in attack than Simpson. At least Fuchs on the otherside has his long throw and a wicked delivery. Simpson time after time gets the ball and his first thought and action, is to loft a floated ball forward. Would be great to have a RB that could either whip a ball in like Fuchs, or could beat a man and overlap. Tripier is a good shout or Carl Jenkinson on loan maybe.

Obviously a CB is a must, as Wes and Huth have been pretty poor all season, although today was better. Have no idea why we bought Hernandez and Benny, as neither seem to be good enough, although you could argue that neither has had a fair chance at CB. 

Looks like N'didi is all but done but it would be good if we could have a player that can pick a pass and has an eye for goal. A lot depends on how good Mendy turns out to be, but I would still love to go after a player like Schneiderlin, as would love to see a midfield 3 of Drinky, Schneiderlin and N'didi, with Mendy, King and Amartey all filling in when needed. 

If Ulloa goes, then I would like to see us sign a young, talented striker who can add to our growing squad of promising youngsters and develop with them. Under 21 international with decent record etc. 

Outgoings - Schlupp for 10million+ and Ulloa for 12million+ if we find a replacement and Kaputska surely has to go out on loan. Championship club would be ideal. 

Snodgrass would be a very astute signing, however I think we need a left winger rather than a right sided one. 

The more I see us struggle this season, the more I think we do need a right back who gets forward more. Simpson's lofted aimless crosses are very annoying, and now Mahrez is getting no joy down the right then we're almost devoid there for getting to the byline. Kieran Trippier is the obvious choice but Spurs wouldn't want to lose him. I'd be willing to pay £10-15 million for him though as I think he's got everything. 

29 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Anyone else not very excited about the rumours and gossip?

Depends what rumors, i've seen rumors of losing Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kasper, Kaputska, Ulloa, Chillwell, Schlupp. not excited to lose all of those. and buying a load of youngsters who also won't play

I think Mahrez should stick to playing at CAM. It's most likely we will continue to play 4-4-1-1 and his lack of defensive work on the wing makes us less solid.

Keep Albrighton right wing and he'll whip balls in for fun. I don't think Simpson needs replacing. Defensively we have been struggling so why get rid of one of our best defenders.

Our defence is not bad, it's the personnel infront of them. Mahrez's lack of workrate ruins our defensive shape, so keep him at CAM and a Simpson-Albrighton partnership would keep us solid defensively.

On 29 December 2016 at 23:16, the fox said:

lollollollollollollollol . This is funny in so many ways

1- do you think that a young French talented CM will come to us while the big dogs in Europe are drooling over him

2- do you think that he will be under 45M£

3- do you think jean michel aulas (OL president) is easy to handle

. I take it that you know little about the French football. Because you wouldn't suggest corentin if you know how the things are conducted there . no disrespect by the way.

The thread is called 'who do you want?' no need for such crappy tone of reply.

No disrespect by the way.

3 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Am I the only one who isn't determined to find a replacement for Simpson? I genuinely think he's pretty solid for us 

He pretty solid indeed, I just think people are continually losing their minds with his continued inability to control or pass a football, rather than his defensive side. I also love his upset face every time he gets a foul against him. Almost as if he is literally about to cry. 

Would love Peter Pekarik, the Slovakian right back to come in. Think he has both defensive and attacking qualities. 

If Ndidi comes in and provides more up and down in the middle (mentioning no names in comparison!) and more balance to the team, then I will be pretty happy. 

CB coverage is another must obviously. Not sure if starting or cover though. I wax and wane between terror and love for Wes/Huth

5 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Am I the only one who isn't determined to find a replacement for Simpson? I genuinely think he's pretty solid for us 

I think solid is the perfect word. He is just that, and very little else. Which is great at a certain level, but I think in the Premier League, we should be getting more from our players and when you compare to Fuchs on the Left, who is solid and has the long thrown and a wicked delivery with a bullet left peg. Simpson lacks any of that and pace and an attacking brain, where he will overlap or try to pick a killer pass. Too often or not, he receives the ball and his first thought and action is to launch a hopeful floated ball to no one in particular, and the play breaks down. 

I don't think it is an urgent replacement needed, but I do think we should be searching for a more dynamic RB who can offer more in attack. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I think solid is the perfect word. He is just that, and very little else. Which is great at a certain level, but I think in the Premier League, we should be getting more from our players and when you compare to Fuchs on the Left, who is solid and has the long thrown and a wicket delivery with a bullet left peg. Simpson lacks any of that and pace and an attacking brain, where he will overlap or try to pick a killer pass. Too often or not, he receives the ball and his first thought and action is to launch a hopeful floated ball to no one in particular, and the play breaks down. 

I don't think it is an urgent replacement needed, but I do think we should be searching for a more dynamic RB who can offer more in attack. 

Imagine what FT would have turned into had Ulloa finished that perfect cross from Simpson against Everton. But this is FoxesTalk, so people will also ignore how Simpson and Albrighton tore up the right side against West Ham. An upgrade in midfield, another CB, and a few more points would make me pretty happy this January.

RB - Trippier or Pekarik looks good, of what I've seen (albeit not a huge amount)

CB - Nastasic or maybe Acerbi (Don't know much about him, but what I've heard is positive)

DM - Ndidi is a done deal? Maybe Amartey can move to CB?

AM - Sigurdsson, a quality no.10. Will score goals from midfield, a creative player and is wicked at set pieces.

Possibly a replacement for Schlupp/Ulloa if they leave. Would like Leon Bailey from Genk. A young striker with a decent track record, but I ain't got any ideas. 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Imagine what FT would have turned into had Ulloa finished that perfect cross from Simpson against Everton. But this is FoxesTalk, so people will also ignore how Simpson and Albrighton tore up the right side against West Ham. An upgrade in midfield, another CB, and a few more points would make me pretty happy this January.

If Simpson did that regularly, then I would absolutely be content with him, but when you see other fullbacks bombing foward and whipping in dangerous crosses or shooting, such as Freund for Boro at the weekend, then does make me wonder if we could do with a long-term upgrade. He does a good job of defending but would be nice to have a RB with genuine pace or a decent delivery to add more to the attack. I don't think it is asking too much to have a player to be able to do both and when you look around at other RB's in the league, you do see many who overlap with pace or can whip in dangerous crosses. 

Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan until the summer please. A monster RB for his age with pace and power. Always impressed me when I've seen him play.

Mourinho tends to be more than happy for top players to waste in reserves though, than risk not having huge squad to choose from but worth a phonecall Claudio. Got to be better option than Hernandez at RB and maybe even an upgrade on Simpson in terms of all round contribution

Archived