Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2017 Deathlist

On 10/16/2017 at 12:48, Bellend Sebastian said:

My sister in law's sister shagged him once. If that's not a lame to fame, I don't know what is

"Sister-in-law's sister"? Do you mean the sister of your brother's wife or the sister of your wife's sister: i.e. your wife? :whistle:

Sad news this one as Sean Hughes was a witty chap who came across as a nice bloke.

An odd one for me, too. About 8 months ago, when I was down in London sorting out my Dad's affairs, I was in a local pub at lunchtime and Sean Hughes walked up to the bar (perfectly sober) and ordered a pint of lager.

Although the bar was almost empty, he looked around several times as if he didn't want to be recognised (or maybe seen drinking?), then just sat at the bar exchanging a few words with bar staff.

I've read reports that he'd had a serious drink problem, had stopped and then restarted again - and that liver problems were behind his early death....though I've no idea whether those reports are true.

Very, very sad, if true - and reminds me of when my oldest mate died due to alcohol abuse nearly 5 years ago, despite repeated futile attempts by various friends to get him to stop. :(

On 06/12/2016 at 18:46, StanSP said:

Fats Domino

Des O'Connor

Burt Bacharach

Pele

David Dickinson

Under 40s

Macaulay Culkin

wow. I think in all my time on FT (nearly 10 years :o?!), this is the first time I've got one right :( 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

RIP Fats Domino.  Legend.

Recorded some all-time rock/boogie classics - and what a voice, not many voices richer and more pleasing on the ear.

I remember being quite moved when it was discovered that, against all expectations, he'd survived Hurricane Katrina after staying in his New Orleans home.

Are C4 getting in on the "Deathlist" concept? On C4 News they headlined the item about Fats' death with his song "Ain't that a shame"...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ramboacdc said:

today will be spent with videos of their Donington set.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Amazing show... although l always preferrred The Bon Scott versions.

As an aside, i dont think he was huge in the UK, but his brother George Young died a couple of weeks ago, he to was an amazing musician, if you havent heard of The Easybeats and Flash and the Pan. I highly recommend having a listen. Do yourself a favour ;) 

22 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

David Cassidy gone now.

Booze finally took its toll by the sounds of it.

Not sure it's confirmed yet?

Sounds like he's very ill and it's only a matter of time though...