Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Kingy

2 hours ago, the-blue-wildabeast said:

I would say players like Joe Allen and the lad who went Everton would have been very realistic options we missed out on.

if we'd signed Gueye at the time people on here would piss their pants that we were signing "crap" that took Villa down.

If Claudio dropped the players that needed dropping, Vardy aside fans (maybe Mahrez) would be upset, pretty much the players that started last season can do no wrong and any loss is the fault of whomever has replaced someone regardless of what actually happened

Again, this bloke amazes me.  How did a league 1 player wriggle through so many years and pop out the other end with a Premier League winner medal??

King should have been offloaded and Inler should have been kept, big fat mistake.  

Amarty is clueless but he is young and still new to the Premier league.  

Both were crap but if LCFC want to keep playing Andy league 1 Kin, then we might as well get ready for Burton Away.  

King has been given a chance but is just not up to it, good pro, does interviews well.  But no.  Not fit enough to fill any void left by Ngolo and Danny.

With King and Amarty we are playing like there 9.5 players on the pitch.

But I will remain patient, and back Claudio on his judgment, but even i can see from here King is not up to what we need

Slating the guy is a bit unfair. It's like shooting at an ambulance. He's playing right now just because there is absolutely no other alternative. Leave him alone, he's really the wrong tree to bark at.

Some pretty pathetic insults and general bad mouthing of 2 players who are playing in a system which absolutely does not suit them and puts immense pressure on both of them to be at 100%

Clearly Andy King is not good enough for a 2 man midfield in this league but firstly it's not his fault and secondly he is being sent out to fail.

How about a bit more perspective and less mindless lambasting of two men being let down by both the system and more established colleagues surrounding them?

If Andy King and Amarty don't fit the system why are they still here? Knockhart/Chris Wood/Inler were shown the door, you telling me King/Amarty are better than those?

Players not fitting a system is a weak excuse.  Ngolo/Danny/Marc can play in any system because they make the grade.  Fielding players that we can't fit into the current model is mad, they shouldn't be selected then.  Play Gray and Shinji then.

When was the last time King fitted a system? 2009? with Matty Fryatt? that was the old Leicester. Can't be bothered to keep hounding on about King.  Amartey will never grow a brain and should get shot quick . 

Lets get some intelligence/grit and drive back into the Leicester centre so that they can breath life into those around them.  

If you ever see old clips from League One and the first few years in the championship and although obviously the standard is much lower, the way he attacked the ball was superb. There's none of that now, he's timid and his finishing and inventiveness in the final third is abysmal. His heading was always a strong point but he's missed some really easy ones last season and this season from 6 yards out or less.

Agreed.  He's a poor mans Kevin Nolan.  Good pro that's it.

I'm more fustrated at the fact of letting Inler go having to go with plan D.

King is the type to pop up and score the equaliser in a champions league quarter final.  But i'm fed up with waiting for something that you don't know if it's going to come or not.  We need a bread and butter no non-sense box to box midfielder than can partner up with Danny D.

Claudio don't plan Andy league 1 King please, just put on Shinji instead ( better yet, play Shinji in the middle)

15 minutes ago, Onikage82 said:

Agreed.  He's a poor mans Kevin Nolan.  Good pro that's it.

I'm more fustrated at the fact of letting Inler go having to go with plan D.

King is the type to pop up and score the equaliser in a champions league quarter final.  But i'm fed up with waiting for something that you don't know if it's going to come or not.  We need a bread and butter no non-sense box to box midfielder than can partner up with Danny D.

Claudio don't plan Andy league 1 King please, just put on Shinji instead ( better yet, play Shinji in the middle)

Jesus he's not League 1, he's top half Championship. Yes not good enough to be starting as we all agree, he lacks some of the physicality and pace you need to cut it in the PL. No need to disrespect a lad who's been good for us over the years.

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Jesus he's not League 1, he's top half Championship. Yes not good enough to be starting as we all agree, he lacks some of the physicality and pace you need to cut it in the PL. No need to disrespect a lad who's been good for us over the years.

Agreed but show me a sentimental manager and I'll show you a loser. He's decent as a squad player but we need more than that. January will tell the real story, if we don't sign the right type of players to kick start the season. Putting sq pegs into round holes hasn't worked.

On 03/12/2016 at 18:45, the-blue-wildabeast said:

It amazes me that a player with his limitations has managed to get any kind of game time in the top two divisions. In all honestly he is a league 1 or 2 player at best and you can see this week in week out. Its not even like he has been embarrased by world class players recently, he looks well out his depth against bang average premier players.

The state of this post. 

The blokes got nearly 40 caps for his country, has always done a decent job when called upon.

I agree he's not good enough to start games - but he's pretty bloody far from League 1/2 standard. 

It's all well and good being a decent 'squad' player but we need better quality within the squad, especially coming off the bench which is what he does once our strongest midfield is fit. We need to improve in certain areas and there's a few players, not only King, that need replacing with better quality. 

17 minutes ago, brigfox said:

I just re-watched City and Everton, last home match, last season, played them off the park. Sky man of the match ?  you guessed! Andy-only good enough for League 1- King. 

So what you're saying is he's good against a totally useless team, who were on the beach and had a man in the dug out who was even more useless and everyone knew he was getting the tin tack.

a king, a king , do we have a horse for a king!. he needs a thorougbred to help him out in midfield.he is a utility type player that helps out when and where he is required but essentially will always get replaced by whoever we bring in.is more than happy to be a squad player and be of help when and if required but essentially doesn't seem to do much and is not noticed if he is in the team or not.i am sure he's great to have around the club and he's like a player ambassador for the club but we need top quality in midfield and he just will not take control of a game or grab a game by the scruff of the net. he's adequate without being outstanding but we need more so so so much more..................

So what I'm saying is that in a City team acclaimed as the best of the Season, Andy King was picked out by impartial commentators as the outstanding player on the day in a premiership-winning display of football.

BTW we have just been drawn against this "totally useless team" yet few on here give us a chance of beating them this time round. Have they suddenly become brilliant or have we slipped to totally useless - and if we have, is that all down to the usual fall-guy?

10 minutes ago, brigfox said:

So what I'm saying is that in a City team acclaimed as the best of the Season, Andy King was picked out by impartial commentators as the outstanding player on the day in a premiership-winning display of football.

Yeah against a team that didn't want to be there.

BTW we have just been drawn against this "totally useless team" yet few on here give us a chance of beating them this time round.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, not end of the season, not with a dead duck manager etc.

Have they suddenly become brilliant or have we slipped to totally useless - and if we have, is that all down to the usual fall-guy?

Of course it's not just down to King. Fact is, picking out one dead duck of a game doesn't show anything. I'm sure everyone is well aware he's capable of having a good game, the issue is all the games either side where he does nothing at all.

King is fine to have in the squad and it's not his fault that we've had loads of injuries that have put him from 4th or 5th choice to being a starter. Reality is, if everyone was fit and we'd signed another CM like we tried, he wouldn't even be close to the bench let alone starting.

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah against a team that didn't want to be there.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, not end of the season, not with a dead duck manager etc.

Of course it's not just down to King. Fact is, picking out one dead duck of a game doesn't show anything. I'm sure everyone is well aware he's capable of having a good game, the issue is all the games either side where he does nothing at all.

King is fine to have in the squad and it's not his fault that we've had loads of injuries that have put him from 4th or 5th choice to being a starter. Reality is, if everyone was fit and we'd signed another CM like we tried, he wouldn't even be close to the bench let alone starting.

The final paragraph, as I wrote last week, hits the nail on the head. King is and never has been a consistent first team starter at this level. But he knows this, accepts it, never moans and gives his all when he does have to come in.

Neither King nor Amartey should be first team starters. The fact that they are is more about the club than either player. Frankly, fook knows what we were doing in the summer.

As an aside, some of the slagging off of King I'm reading on here is quite sickening.

He shouldn't be a starter, but, as said in many posts before in this thread he's a legend, a squad player, not up to premiership standard, etc.... but he's put on the team sheet by Ranieri and plays. Unfortunately for the supporters, ownership and management he under performs to the level we all know that he's fully capable of (has been worst player on the pitch on more than one occasion imo this season), and to worsen his situation he's got an apprentice alongside him currently. He doesn't work well alongside Drinky or Amartey, maybe he'll fit alongside James or Mendy, but I expect that he won't.

I'd like to see him given a job within the club that doesn't involve him having to put a kit on on match days. His long standing loyalty deserves that.

Archived