Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

At this moment he should stay, but we can't continue like we are. He needs to start to show that he is able to get the team out this mess, that the players still believe in him. I would hate for us to sack the man that has brought this club its greatest success, but if the players don't play for him anymore then that leaves you with no choice. Mourinho got the boot last year after winning the title for that reason 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I see you're still banging the old 'don't worry' drum Nick? It ain't working. We aren't improving and many people are worried.

You need to change it up a little mate to be honest. 

Do I Col?

Do I need to be another panicking overeacting ****?

Or should I have some perspective.....

Why has anything got worse with last nights game - it didn't matter, it gave game time to the kids, the back from suspension and injury and the for sale squad players.

Our League form requires work but I'm not panicking yet.

Lastly, telling me what I need to do or write could you sound any more patronising?

Guest LCFC_World

Can someone please explain why you would be unhappy if Pearson was reinstated as manager? I'm not saying it's ever going to happen but he is the best manager this club has ever had. 

6 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Can someone please explain why you would be unhappy if Pearson was reinstated as manager? I'm not saying it's ever going to happen but he is the best manager this club has ever had. 

I don't recall him winning us the prem.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if we got relegated and brought him in (not that the Thais will want him back lol) . At this level though he struggles and struggled with a strong championship club just a few months ago before fighting with the owner and getting sacked.

54 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

The past lol rob the trophy is till at the stadium 

and there is no way Susan and the owners are removing Claudio before end of season. They won't need to if things get much worse and he feels he can't change things because he will fall in his sword , he is an honourable man and I'm sure he will get offered a lifetime role at the club.

we are not a failing business the revenues are through the roof , the hospitality new business manager is standing outside our school gate relaxing because the product sells its self ....all good on a business footing 

without history a club is soulless , the past is very important to the future 

time for patience and 4 January signings 

The business is doing well because of Sky money, but the football which is key to the Sky money is poor.

This is resulting in us not selling out of hospitality and not even selling out of normal seats for the majority of games. So basically apart from Sky money everything else isn't sound. 

It looks like we have peaked with the fan base, as even by winning the Premier it is resulting in people walking away this year.

We need to act to protect the Sky money. Most of the success was down to Pearson creating the group mentality and the Walsh signings, amd now the signings and the mentality are failing.

No time for sentiment, we are a poor side and   Ranieri is not dealing with it.

In his defence I don't think anyone would struggle during the second season. Not really all his fault just a fresh look on it from someone not involved in the success is what the business needs

See all the Pearsonites are out in force again, get over him he has long gone and won't ever be coming back to our great club. All those calling for Allardyce, get real, do you seriously want that corrupt, long ball merchant at our club?

Lastly, who realistically would you want doing the job?  Who is available, that are any better.

Ranieri delivered the unthinkable last season for that alone he should be lauded not pilloried.

I have to laugh because when we qualified for the last sixteen of the European cup with a game to spare most said, " Porto game is a dead rubber play the reserves the youth team, I don't give a toss,". Etc etc.  Ranieri does exactly that, and foxes talk goes into meltdown because we lost 5 0 to Portos first team, who needed to win in order they themselves qualified for the last sixteen.

As, I keep saying with fans like you lot who needs bloody enemies.  Your not fans at all, anyone who slates their team like the vast majority on here, are not in anyway true supporters.

Seems outrageous to be talking about getting rid of Claudio after last season and winning our CL group, but our league form is simply not acceptable. If we carry on as we are, we'll be straight back in the football league. No doubt about that.

I've got to admit, I am very worried. I'm concerned that Ranieri might be a lot more suited to handling a winning team than one low on confidence like ours. I'm not convinced he's the right man to deal with a relegation dogfight. I'm staggered that he keeps doing the same things and expecting different results. It seems like he hasn't got any ideas. If he's lost the dressing room, which could be the case, then he'll have a monumental task on his hands to keep his job much longer.

Ideally, if we're going to change manager, then we'd want to do it now so the new boss gets a chance to assess the team before the January window opens. Don't ask me who I'd go for, because I don't know. Just anyone who can handle a bottom of the table scrap, probably. If it was up to me, I'd say the Man City game is a freebie (prepare yourself for another right royal bully-ramming), but I'd ask Claudio to show some improvement in the 2 following games to save his job. Not that bothered about results, just good performances. If we try something new, and we put up a fight, then I'll have some hope that he can still turn it around.

Sorry Claudio, be pleased to see you take an "upstairs" role away from the field of play. (you want the number 442 bus to get to the stairs) I know we've put out some poor teams over the years, and I don't recall us being the the laughing stock of England as we must be now, and I suspect also of Europe. I hate to see the team I've loved over so many years in this pathetic state. We really can't do this when defending champions.

I wouldn't mind if it happens today. The the problem of who is our next manager that would giver the owners their target of a top 5 club?  not Nige (see his performance at Derby), Big Sam(gives me the creeps just thinking of him) or Woy (incapable of managing, see England re DD and Vardy) maybe MO'N would work now, at least he knew how to buy players. I still think we would be better "rudderless" than with a manager who has completely lost it. A massive thanks Claudio for 2015/16 season it was great, it's a pity it hasn't quite worked out for 2016/17.

He stays.... But being an intelligent man he should admit when he's wrong. His pride and ego are bringing Leicester down and he needs to reflect on his selfish behaviour.

It's obvious to most observers we are much weaker than last year. We are a classic example of spending more money doesn't make you better. Last season should have proved that.

If he plays king and amartey in a 442 again , he deserves to go. The Thais should sack him immediately

Disagree.

I will always be grateful for the success he gave us last season, but relegation is unacceptable. If there is no sign of improvement before January, I would expect him to be gone.

Well this is a fun one. does CR get till the summer. Yet in the OP the question is does he stay till the end of 2017?

Also would like to ask the OP how well he knows CR.

After all it states CR will walk before he is pushed?

8 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

See all the Pearsonites are out in force again, get over him he has long gone and won't ever be coming back to our great club. All those calling for Allardyce, get real, do you seriously want that corrupt, long ball merchant at our club?

Lastly, who realistically would you want doing the job?  Who is available, that are any better.

Ranieri delivered the unthinkable last season for that alone he should be lauded not pilloried.

I have to laugh because when we qualified for the last sixteen of the European cup with a game to spare most said, " Porto game is a dead rubber play the reserves the youth team, I don't give a toss,". Etc etc.  Ranieri does exactly that, and foxes talk goes into meltdown because we lost 5 0 to Portos first team, who needed to win in order they themselves qualified for the last sixteen.

As, I keep saying with fans like you lot who needs bloody enemies.  Your not fans at all, anyone who slates their team like the vast majority on here, are not in anyway true supporters.

Pearsonite ??? As in really understand what he achieved and am grateful. He was brilliant for us.

Wouldnt have him back now as it's a different situation. Just like I wouldn't have Ranieri for a relegation battle.

You pick a manager for where you are and what you need to do. So both Pearson and Ranieri are not the men for the current job. Big Sam who has the experience to deal with relegation is.

Too much sentiment and just words. You need to look at facts, not hold onto what Ranieri did last season. 

Amazing how people dont don't like Pearson because he was not media friendly, he didn't have a bell like Ranieri (haha). But he created a great group mentality and got great players in to do that particular job. 

Look at facts and figures and not personalities. 

52 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I don't recall him winning us the prem.

I wouldn't be too unhappy if we got relegated and brought him in (not that the Thais will want him back lol) . At this level though he struggles and struggled with a strong championship club just a few months ago before fighting with the owner and getting sacked.

I don't think he struggled with us in the prem. Yes we went on a horrible run, but neither he nor the squad had PL experience (bar one or two players) but in the end we finished 14th which is fantastic for a newly promoted team. For all of Claudio's experience and some on here still think he's one of the best managers in football, why has he got us in a relegation battle after spending £70m and has a squad that is far more experienced at playing at the highest level?!

The main factor during the great escape season was that the players always tired. Aside from this toward the end of that season, we were one of the best performing teams in Europe, we didn't have Kante or Shinji in the team but instead Nugent and Konchesky. I have no doubt if Pearson had the chance to work with the squad CR has, we would have become and established top six PL club and enjoyed long term success.

Under Pearson we were unique and special as a club in everything we did from the way we went about our transfer dealings right through to the fighting spirit and the bond between the team. Under CR all that seems to have been destroyed and we've lost the identity we had under Pearson and this has obviously had a massive impact on the players. I don't buy in to all this 'big contacts going to the player heads' crap. Walsh leaving was a clear indication things were going wrong behind that scenes as CR took a more hands on approach.

Give our current situation, would I swap Ranieri for Pearson? Yes I would. I would have more faith Pearson would turn this around and even if we got relegated, at least we'd go down with a fight. Also I really don't think CR would be able to get things right during the Jan transfer window and worry that we'll end up blowing a load more cash on a load of shit.

EDIT: I do think CR should be given some sort of director type position, rather than being fired. Whilst I don't think everything last season was down to him, he was the man in charge when we won the league and does deserve to be looked after by the club. 

35 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

It's not being a Pearsonite mate. I think it's fair comment to say that he took us from the doldrums and built a squad capable of surviving in the prem. I think even CR commented on the excellent foundations in place when he arrived here.

If we were having the season we're having now under Pearson he'd be getting slaughtered on here. I love Ranieri but he's not above criticism and I'm sorry but I can't use last season to excuse this farce of a team

Archived