Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

Claudio won't be sacked until we are at least out of the CL, as we aren't going to get a replacement manager with CL experience. That takes us to mid March. Even if we are nailed to the bottom of the table at that time, he will stay. The owners will keep faith in him, like with Pearson prior to the great escape. They also wouldn't want to be seen as disloyal to the PL winning manager. Besides, bringing in a brand new manager who doesn't know the players with 10 games left probably isn't a good idea. 

Drinky, Kasper, Mendy, James still out injured/not match fit + Fuchs and Huth on 4 yellows, takes us to Jan. AFCON then removes 3 crucial players, which takes us to Feb. Prioritising the CL distraction then takes us to mid March.

At that point, if another great escape is needed, not sure there is enough motivation and character left in the squad to pull it off again. He has lost some members of the dressing room already (Gray, Schlupp), and a string of poor results will add to that. The relegation battle is very real.

I don't think he'll be in any danger until we sink into the relegation zone - which we will fairly quickly if things continue.

He's looking stubborn and clueless at the moment though and incapable of turning it round.

52 minutes ago, brucey said:

Claudio won't be sacked until we are at least out of the CL, as we aren't going to get a replacement manager with CL experience. That takes us to mid March. Even if we are nailed to the bottom of the table at that time, he will stay. The owners will keep faith in him, like with Pearson prior to the great escape. They also wouldn't want to be seen as disloyal to the PL winning manager. Besides, bringing in a brand new manager who doesn't know the players with 10 games left probably isn't a good idea. 

Drinky, Kasper, Mendy, James still out injured/not match fit + Fuchs and Huth on 4 yellows, takes us to Jan. AFCON then removes 3 crucial players, which takes us to Feb. Prioritising the CL distraction then takes us to mid March.

At that point, if another great escape is needed, not sure there is enough motivation and character left in the squad to pull it off again. He has lost some members of the dressing room already (Gray, Schlupp), and a string of poor results will add to that. The relegation battle is very real.

I suspect you're right. I suppose it means that we may look back on where we are now, from six months on, and consider the pre-window weeks as having been the moment when we should have made the change. If we have another 12 games like our last 6 - which is pretty likely unless the manager starts to explore new ideas, or his transfer record improves spectacularly - then we will need another 'Great Escape'. And that's almost as hopeful as believing that last season could happen all over again.

If there's a decision, it's got to be either pre-window, or a last throw of the dice in March. I'm with you in thinking that the second won't happen, but I wouldn't be astonished if the board were having second thoughts about granting someone with Ranieri's transfer history another spending spree. Personally - perhaps out of hero worship or gratitude or something as dumb as that - I'd stick with him, unless anything I'd seen led me to believe that his heart or mind wasn't in the job, or we were likely to repeat the same errors in the next transfer window. But it's getting towards the point when you'd understand it if the board took a different view.

22 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can't believe people actually want Claudio sacked. WTF?!

u either don't read well or u have ur head stuck in the sand. I don't think many really want Claudio sacked, what they want to see is him change his tactics, because he is like u at present he has his head stuck in the sand and refuses to make changes to his tactics.

in his mind he is doing a good job handling our large and multi talented squad in a domestic and european campaign but his faith in the same players, same formation and same tactics is steadily sending us down. I refuse to believe he is crazy enough not to know he is getting it wronglol

52 minutes ago, bpfox said:

u either don't read well or u have ur head stuck in the sand. I don't think many really want Claudio sacked, what they want to see is him change his tactics, because he is like u at present he has his head stuck in the sand and refuses to make changes to his tactics.

Then is.. Claudio an ostrich?! lol

He needs to have a real plan or resign. 

The club is more important than CR unfortunately and if we did go down the club would be in big trouble with the contracts that was given out and a lot of players losing value. 

There seems to be little thought to tactics and little being done to solve the problems we are now facing. 

So far I think the champions league is sugar coating the shocking season we're having - although with all due respect we haven't really played anyone with a real champions league pedigree. 

I dont want him to go and hope he can get us out of the mess we're in, if he can't I think walking away from the job would be his best option rather than being sacked and leaving on bad terms

For me our biggest issue has been recruitment - I know a lot of fans were against Deeney and Joe Allen as potential targets but frankly I'd rather have them two than Slimani and Mendy. Watching that game last night Ulloa looks to be a much better up front than Slimani but we I can only assume he won't get a start - for me it's clear Armartey is a good player but is too defensive to play in a two, King is a good technician but not athletic enough to play in a two - surely Claudio can see these things - it's time to try a different formation and play to our strengths - pace! We are simply not good enough to play a passing game and work from the back and not physical enough to play long. 

I have clicked disagree. Simply because i cant see us improving if we continue to go 4-4-2. Recruitment's in January wont change the fact that teams know how to play against us now. Man city was a one off cause they had no clue what they were doing. (Which i might add i said straight after the game, That win didn't automatically mean 4-4-2 is the way forward)

I love Claudio and do not want to see him sacked. BUT, if he continues to stick with 4-4-2 i am convinced we will be relegated. If we drop into the bottom 3 then the media will jump right on us. Blah blah blah Champions are going to be relegated blah blah blah. Imagine the pressure the players will be on. Every team that play us will want to add to that (Just like they wanted us to win the title, don't be surprised if they then want us to be relegated)

So far pundits and media have left us alone cause they keep saying 'they wont be relegated'. That will soon change if we continue as we are.

KO of the champions league is all well and good but the Prem is our bread and butter. We can't afford to get relegated. 

I just want CR to try a different approach. Okazaki made a huge difference yesterday. He changes our formation from 4-4-2 to 4-4-1-1. That's 1 step closer to the 4-5-1 that i think we need to adopt away from home. 

I am happy to stick with CR for the Jan transfer window if he at least tries something different. If we lose so be it but at least he would look to be trying to rectify our season.

13 hours ago, brucey said:

He isn't being sacked at all , Susan has made it clear he stays come what may ! 

and that's fact , now if he can't change things I'd expect him to move upstairs of his own accord  but the club have made it Clear that Claudio stays no matter what !!! 

Amazing what and who you meet when standing with someone while they are having a crafty cigarette ! 

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If we go down to the Championship, I'm 100% sure Claudio's not the one to get us back to the PL. and if that happens, he's left us at a lower point when he took us over and he loses any sort of goodwill. Wish Pearson hadn't burned his bridges here!

His goose is cooked , derby have improved tons for him leaving , without Walsh he is just an ordinary manager , it's looking same for Claudio as well 

Walsh was obviously our brains , his new role at Everton is madness because he is having no day to day input and if he was then Everton might not be so inconsistent 

15 hours ago, brucey said:

Why do we need a manager with CL experience? At the end of the day its a game of football, we just need someone who set a team up that has a gameplan, can pass the ball to each (Like any topflight proffessional team should), defend well and create chances to win some games, changing teams and formations if needed. Oh, an ideally someone who can actually spend lots of money on players better than we already have. Football really isnt that difficult, its a simple game, if you do the basics right you always have a chance, this season, and i include the CL games, we havent done this anywhere near enough.

I'm getting pissed off, well no, I'm already pissed off, getting quite angry now.

I've said this a few times already this season and I fear i'm going to be repeating myself many times more - We cannot thank Ranieri and the players enough for last season, however they cannot live off last season, it's an embarrassment that they're being called Champions, couldn't be further away.

We're not expecting too much, we're not expecting a repeat, but we're expecting to be comfortable, top half (Even if it's just inside the top half), we're not that far away, the league is quite tight, but the way we are playing, the games we are losing, not good enough, so poor, so concerning, so pathetic.

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm getting pissed off, well no, I'm already pissed off, getting quite angry now.

I've said this a few times already this season and I fear i'm going to be repeating myself many times more - We cannot thank Ranieri and the players enough for last season, however they cannot live off last season, it's an embarrassment that they're being called Champions, couldn't be further away.

We're not expecting too much, we're not expecting a repeat, but we're expecting to be comfortable, top half (Even if it's just inside the top half), we're not that far away, the league is quite tight, but the way we are playing, the games we are losing, not good enough, so poor, so concerning, so pathetic.

Nobody should get unlimited time on what they did in the past. I think Pearson got time the first season because we always looked close to being a decent team... at the moment we look worse than that team. Which is a worry when you consider what has been spent and the players we had back then.

What total fecking nonsense! Claudio should stay.  Replace him?  With whom?  

Claudio has brought so many teams to the top, so many times.  To believe we can replace him easily is just nutty.  If the team is having a problem right now, it certainly isn't the coaching.  It happens.  And this 433 or 4231 garbage that everyone keeps saying is also ridiculous.  

We have many new players.  They will need to acclimate to the Prem.  This is not uncommon.  

Some here have the notion that "formation change" or a new manager would be best.  If this becomes reality we will end up like Swansea who seems destined for relegation.  Get real people!

Archived