Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

49 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Serious question - would putting a bid in for Liverpool outcast Mamadou Sahko be such a bad idea? 

He has Prem experience. Good age. Left footed. Good athlete. Decent pedigree. Won abit.

Think I'd rather we spent the same on him rather than Acerbi

Agreed, only problem is the price they're asking for

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

lol it's like the new made up social feed on Football Manager 2017 in here tonight! Never seen the lad play but "Surely we can do better than this guy" and "Step back, rethink and go again... better options out there!"

Literally word for word FM!

He's 28 and plays for a shit team in a half decent league! Yes surely we can do better than this guy! 

8 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I've got a feeling we'll string a couple of decent results together and won't see anyone else come in

My thoughts exactly, the trail has gone dead. I think we will try and get some players but only on good deals and not stooopid money signings 

6 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

What exactly are you basing Sassuolo being a shit team on?

Like us near the bottom of the league but I'm hoping ours is a false position and in a more competitive league more the fact he's 28 and still plays for a minor team like this.Just think we need to aim higher!

17 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This one might not happen, but they definitely want a centre half so if one doesn't come in it won't be for lack of trying.

I'd love it if we went back in for Natastic, they've asked for £17-18m and that was deemed too expensive.

£17/18m is peanuts if we went down. Not that I think we will but always a risk when your at the bottom. Two long term injuries could make it a struggle.

44 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He's 28 and plays for a shit team in a half decent league! Yes surely we can do better than this guy! 

As opposed to our 30+ dynamic centre back duo? Our half decent league? And us currently operating around the level expected of us taking out last season and accounting for the amount we've spent in 2 and a half seasons compared to everyone else? 

We need to realise that we're back in a long term plan now. If you take last season out, the owners weren't aiming for Europe until at least 2018/19, so we have to begin to build towards that again, and signing form players in their division seems like a good tactic to me!

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

As opposed to our 30+ dynamic centre back duo? Our half decent league? And us currently operating around the level expected of us taking out last season and accounting for the amount we've spent in 2 and a half seasons compared to everyone else? 

We need to realise that we're back in a long term plan now. If you take last season out, the owners weren't aiming for Europe until at least 2018/19, so we have to begin to build towards that again, and signing form players in their division seems like a good tactic to me!

As I've said before this attitude is the reason we will remain a small club when we had the best opportunity ever to do a Chelsea.Im not having after winning the league we accept being where we are,top 10 should be minimum acceptance and I'm sure that's the case for the owners too.

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

As I've said before this attitude is the reason we will remain a small club when we had the best opportunity ever to do a Chelsea.Im not having after winning the league we accept being where we are,top 10 should be minimum acceptance and I'm sure that's the case for the owners too.

I agree on top 10 and I think we will get there this season. However we have an ageing squad that needs replacing gradually, I think we've done that sensibly, Wes and Huth aren't going to be able to go on forever playing every game and a signing like this is another body in defence. Most teams have 5 or 6 centre backs, why would we turn our nose up at adding what would only be our 4th?

Even Chelsea who you mention make strange signings sometimes to bulk up their squad... they're currently linked with Llorente and their left back is bloody Marcos Alonso! I bet they're not regretting that punt at the minute. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I agree on top 10 and I think we will get there this season. However we have an ageing squad that needs replacing gradually, I think we've done that sensibly, Wes and Huth aren't going to be able to go on forever playing every game and a signing like this is another body in defence. Most teams have 5 or 6 centre backs, why would we turn our nose up at adding what would only be our 4th?

Even Chelsea who you mention make strange signings sometimes to bulk up their squad... they're currently linked with Llorente and their left back is bloody Marcos Alonso! I bet they're not regretting that punt at the minute. 

We have bulked out with enough shit that's was never used see Hernandez (out of position) Benaloune( never had a chance) same with Inler and Kaputska we've wasted enough money on fringe players that never get a chance! Spend money and buy better than what we have now.

On 08/01/2017 at 00:39, STUHILL said:

Would love it if we could turn Amartey into our CB and so have him, Mendy and N'diddi all playing in the same team. We would also only need to find one other young talented CB to partner him for replacing Morgan and Huth eventually (maybe soon!) 

I'm of the opinion this could be a solution as well, but as it stands for me it means CR has to drop the captain, think huth would offer more alongside Amartey, and Amartey offers a bit more pace and legs at centre back, and can carry the ball out, but without the same sort of responsibility to drive on and create, that is on him in a midfield. We do need to find a solution at CB and soon, not sure Morgan and Huth can carry on forever, we have already seen issues this season, although Mendy and N'didi do seem to offer more protection, so hopefully we can at least kick on this season now and get away with that paring if we have to.

1 hour ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Like us near the bottom of the league but I'm hoping ours is a false position and in a more competitive league more the fact he's 28 and still plays for a minor team like this.Just think we need to aim higher!

helped Sassoulo to 8th last season and he's the best defender in their league for this season on stats alone..... yeah he's shit...

7 minutes ago, DreemaOfficial said:

helped Sassoulo to 8th last season and he's the best defender in their league for this season on stats alone..... yeah he's shit...

I didnt say he was shit,I said we should be aiming higher.If he was younger id be all for it,but after buying Benaloune and Inler and the fact that hes at sassoulo at 28 its a no from me.

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I didnt say he was shit,I said we should be aiming higher.If he was younger id be all for it,but after buying Benaloune and Inler and the fact that hes at sassoulo at 28 its a no from me.

Was it a 'no' from you for the free transfer of Christian Fuchs as well?????????????

We have bulked out with enough shit that's was never used see Hernandez (out of position) Benaloune( never had a chance) same with Inler and Kaputska we've wasted enough money on fringe players that never get a chance! Spend money and buy better than what we have now.

I think we've definitely miss handled Hernandez to be fair. But, like I say if he wasn't here we would have Was as back up and that's it. Sometimes having the bodies is just as important as having them start week in week out. Hernandez is only 27 though (peak) as with Acerbi 28 (Peak) so really, I wouldn't be surprised if Hernandez played more of a part next season with a view to taking over from one of the two first choice.

I could be completely wrong but it's all about the squad and Hernandez has been useful in the Champions League so far so for that i'm grateful he is here. 

I honestly believe Claudio would rotate the defence more if he had more options, which is exactly what a signing like this brings. 

I understand your points though so i'll leave it at that, it is frustrating looking in from the outside but we have to trust that a lot of these signings are with a long term view. 

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Was it a 'no' from you for Robert Huth as well??????????????????????????

We should put aside the notion of doing a Chelsea. By all accounts Abramovich has financed them to the tune of 1 - 2 billion pounds. No way our owners could or would spend anywhere near that sort of money.

22 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

28 is a great age for a CB.

I suppose you would allow for shit loads of errors and a steep learning curve if we went for a younger inexperienced player?

I find this attitude small minded and wreaks of snobbery.

vardy from fleetwood?

matty Elliot from oxford?

Two of our most successful periods in history and yet we had players from lower league teams who excelled when better players were around them.

Im not saying he will be a world beater but suggesting we don't sign him because he plays for a 'small' team is a bit daft.

plus it's Serie A not the frigging Vauxhall conference. ? 

Mahrez? Kante? Morgan? 

All came from small lesser nothing clubs.....

Archived