Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

12 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I hope this guy isn't just another Benaloane or Hernandez type signing, as on paper he seems to be exactly that - Performing well for a lower top division team, has a few caps for national team, in his late 20s, and never played regularly at a big club or in the Premier League before and not well known. Claudio could be adding to the current CB reject pile... BUT I hope not of course! :ph34r:

Sassuolo are only currently that much down in the table (16th out of 20 teams), finished 6th last May with Europa League football following, 12th in Serie A before that and 17th in 2013/2014 - all with Acerbi.

So, given the past three seasons, there's a upward trend.

The jury's still out on where or how they can establish themselves in the upper half of Italian top football.

Acerbi's certainly made a name for himself in Italy, due to the achievement with Sassuolo last season. And I don't see how you can hold his inexperience in the Premier League against the guy - there's just not enough room for every player outside of England participating in the league! And please think of all the other national competitions. :D

What I've never been able to understand is Italy are the number one nation in the world for producing quality defenders, who at club level and for their national team are absolute warriors but come to England and seldom do well. I know we play differently in the PL but why do our national team struggle so badly against them then? 

I'd prefer not to get this bloke see the season out and get the right bloke in the summer, if we do we're stuck with him for a while. I'd like to try get Scott Dann if anyone you know what's your getting and he scores a few over the season. 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What I've never been able to understand is Italy are the number one nation in the world for producing quality defenders, who at club level and for their national team are absolute warriors but come to England and seldom do well. I know we play differently in the PL but why do our national team struggle so badly against them then? 

I'd like to think it's partly down to the different brand of football played in Serie A, which tends to be slower in the build-up play and more tactical. Defenders enjoy a bit less hassle from opposing attackers than they do in the Premier League, which has become super-speedy over the years.

And when it comes to European tournaments or World Cups, there's maybe a refereeing element coming into play, as the standards abroad might differ from the ones in the PL. At least that's how I see it. Continental referees tend to have a different influence on the game, less egocentric than PL equivalents. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I'd prefer not to get this bloke see the season out and get the right bloke in the summer, if we do we're stuck with him for a while. I'd like to try get Scott Dann if anyone you know what's your getting and he scores a few over the season. 

Not sure he'd join us in the championship :ph34r:

http://www.italiacalcio24.it/sassuolo-leicester-allorizzonte-per-acerbi-pronto-ranocchia-per-sostituirlo/

As reported by Sky Sports , the Sassuolo would be staggering because the offer was received regarding the transfer of Francesco Acerbi at Leicester , defensive pivot neroverdi. The offer would be around the 15 million Euros . The player would already agree.

Meanwhile, however, the leadership headed by Squinzi and members shall not be taken unprepared and is preparing to contact the ' Inter to purchase Andrea Ranocchia , who seems now out of the technical plans Stefano Pioli and Suning , which seems to be ready to give in outright the central defender, who has recently satisfied the Nerazzurri audience in recent years.

13 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

So we win the title with Huth and Morgan and 6 months later they are too old? WTF?

:rolleyes:

I know what you mean but to be fair st albans fox did mention the lack of cover in front of them. Let's be honest, Kante made a huge difference and probably made Huth and Morgan look better than they are.

30 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I know what you mean but to be fair st albans fox did mention the lack of cover in front of them. Let's be honest, Kante made a huge difference and probably made Huth and Morgan look better than they are.

Indeed or should I say Ndidi soon? lol

last season was a magic sum of parts being bigger and all that but that said they aren't bad defenders all of a sudden 

but i defo take the point they were well shielded last season 

welcome Wilfred. :D

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

did I say they were past it?

mentally they seem to be struggling to reach the heights they did nine months ago. no shock there. 

Called them grandad and uncle? Pretty much suggesting they are past it?  :unsure: unless I've read that wrong?  :revenge:

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

So we win the title with Huth and Morgan and 6 months later they are too old? WTF?

:rolleyes:

They're not bad defenders by any means, but I think we are limited as to type of football we an play with both of them in the side. I think that's a fair assessment. 

15 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

They're not bad defenders by any means, but I think we are limited as to type of football we an play with both of them in the side. I think that's a fair assessment. 

Defo not disagreeing with you bud and they definitely need competition 

we desperately need cover in that area in fairness 

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Defo not disagreeing with you bud and they definitely need competition 

we desperately need cover in that area in fairness 

That's it! I'm sure we all see their limitations without forgetting that they've both been solid players for us. 

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That's it! I'm sure we all see their limitations without forgetting that they've both been solid players for us. 

In fact I'd go as far as saying that Huth is one of our best ever signings. Wouldn't have stayed up 14/15 season without him. 

The basic issue with the two of them is that they are not comfortable in possession so we need one of our two midfielders to go and take the ball off them. If we had three in there then it wouldn't be such a problem. so a central defender who can bring the bill into the midfield would be a great addition (as long as they are also able to do the job of defending !

'grandad and uncle' - seems a reasonable way of describing them but centre halves can get away with being 'old'.  The problem I described above won't go away though. 

Archived