Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Francesco Acerbi

28 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can't think of many Italian centre halves in the Premier League full stop. Festa at 'Boro? Desailly came from AC Milan and was pretty decent.

Materazzi played for Everton for a short while. Sure he either scored an own goal or got sent off against us.

Edit: He didn't, he got subbed off at half time.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Don't fancy this lad at all.

cant think of many Italian centre halves who've made it in the prem.

Ogbonna's done pretty well for the Hammers this season and last.  Him and Reid are the only ones who have survived Bilic's 'defensive chop' recently. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A third Serie A import after two failures? Just throw money at it rather than using commonsense targeting players with PL experience 

Hernandez hasn't (yet) been a resounding success.  Does that mean you wouldn't sign Sergio Ramos?

6 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Hernandez hasn't (yet) been a resounding success.  Does that mean you wouldn't sign Sergio Ramos?

There's a difference between signing a well known player from the top end of the division, you wouldn't judge them off a free signing from relegation candidates, but this lad isn't one of juves titans is he? Don't quite see writing off players the average poster on here probably haven't heard of but its not like we know this lad is top class.

18 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Not really a comparison to be had there is? Acerbi isn't world class or played at the highest level. We need a cb to slot in, we can't afford a bedding in period (see various other signings we've many from slow paced leagues *Amartey*)

He could prove a good signing but it would take him a few weeks to get up to the speed of the PL

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can't think of many Italian centre halves in the Premier League full stop. Festa at 'Boro? Desailly came from AC Milan and was pretty decent.

Yes the Italian Desailly was good for Chelsea as was the Frenchman Panucci! lol

Seriously though I would much rather see us sign Nastasic than Acerbi.

Haven't watched him play beyond youtube videos, but seems to be a decent player from what I can find on paper. Second highest rated center half in Serie A this year and played every minute in the Europa League. Good size, completes his passes, and bangs in a few goals a year. Would probably still prefer Nastasic, but Acerbi does look to have some good qualities.

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes the Italian Desailly was good for Chelsea as was the Frenchman Panucci! lol

Seriously though I would much rather see us sign Nastasic than Acerbi.

I know Marcel Desailly isn't Italian but he came from serie a which is why I mentioned where he came from.... No need to be a weapon :)

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not really a comparison to be had there is? Acerbi isn't world class or played at the highest level. We need a cb to slot in, we can't afford a bedding in period (see various other signings we've many from slow paced leagues *Amartey*)

He could prove a good signing but it would take him a few weeks to get up to the speed of the PL

He's in the Italian squad and has played for them.  Is that not the highest level?  Who do you want instead?  Keane? He was ok for us when he was here on loan, but he's no better in my opinion.  Just because he's young and english, he's made it into the England squad, due to lack of competition.  

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Usually for something to be humour it has to be funny.

and if you have to explain it its not funny. Either you get it or you don't.

sorry if you don't get my humour.

Anyway how's the train spotting going.

6 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

He's in the Italian squad and has played for them.  Is that not the highest level?  Who do you want instead?  Keane? He was ok for us when he was here on loan, but he's no better in my opinion.  Just because he's young and english, he's made it into the England squad, due to lack of competition.  

Some friendlies and half hearted qualifiers hardly qualifies as top level. I haven't advocated Keane but does at least have experience of PL football. Natastic fits the bill far better 

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

and if you have to explain it its not funny. Either you get it or you don't.

sorry if you don't get my humour.

Anyway how's the train spotting going.

In the Doctor's defense, you really aren't very funny. Alot of the time your posts border on agressive. 

48 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

I just don't understand. This guys clearly going to be sh*t if we get him?? I'm so confused. 

I just don't think you understand, that if we sign Acerbi, Francesco Acerbi, you will have a riot on your hands!

A players nationality has nothing to do with his ability to adapt. 

Ultimately, like all signings, it's a risk.

How many players have come to Leicester and made an instant impact over the past few years?!? Huth? Kante? 

One with Premier League experience, one without.

7 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I just don't understand. This guys clearly going to be sh*t if we get him?? I'm so confused. 

You haven't understood it is clear that some on here want him to be sh1t and you can only bring in players who are available and want to come. Claudio has earned a little more credit on here than some seem to give him and as for spotting young talent at Chelsea he did bring in and bring through a J Terry and F Lampard who have had decent careers why not wait and see.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

A players nationality has nothing to do with his ability to adapt. 

Ultimately, like all signings, it's a risk.

How many players have come to Leicester and made an instant impact over the past few years?!? Huth? Kante? 

One with Premier League experience, one without.

Kante was a freak and always will be. Players from a non PL/English football background take time to get up with the pace of the game. Even more so in January with no pre season. 

There are leagues which transfer better such as Bundesliga - see Okazaki and Fuchs. You very rarely see them sell in January mind.

Transfers are risks but this is about using commonsense at a critical period 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kante was a freak and always will be. Players from a non PL/English football background take time to get up with the pace of the game. Even more so in January with no pre season. 

There are leagues which transfer better such as Bundesliga - see Okazaki and Fuchs. You very rarely see them sell in January mind.

Transfers are risks but this is about using commonsense at a critical period 

Quite a few more foreign imports have made an impact.

Ginola, Ravenelli, Berger, Costa, Cech, Robben, Payet, Solsjkaer, Dugarry, Cisse, Suarez, Evra, Vidic, Dempsey 

Some of of those were January. 

It's not a one rule fits all approach. You need to understand the player. That book stops with the Manager. 

January is a pressure cooker, for clubs, players and Managers.

You'll get more flops as people panic buy. 

The Premier League is also changing as styles change. Just because a player has played in the league before doesn't mean they'll adapt any quicker.

If you previously lived in London or a Manchester, then had to uproot and live in Liverpool or Leicester. Would you feel comfortable in your surroundings. 

The infrastructure at a club can do lots to help. Player liaison officers, sufficent housing,  social awareness, schooling etc etc 

Archived