Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

30 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I would have a complete overhaul after that. Why not? 3-5-2 it is.

GK:Kasper

CB: Chilwell

CB: Huth

CB: Hernandez

LWB: Fuchs

RWB: Albrighton

MC: Drinkwater

MC: Mendy

MC: Barnes

ST: Ulloa

ST: Musa

Subs: Zieler, Morgan, Amartey, Gray, Simpson, King, Ozazaki.

Aw, how sweet. 3 CBs who almost never played one with another and 3 MCs, who beside having never played together, are also lacking game time. The whole in a completely new formation. It will work like a charm.

27 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Aw, how sweet. 3 CBs who almost never played one with another and 3 MCs, who beside having never played together, are also lacking game time. The whole in a completely new formation. It will work like a charm.

Because it is working so well at the moment.

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

Because it is working so well at the moment.

Indeed. Pardon my sarcastic tone, I'd love to see a formation change (even with not quite the same team sheet) too, but I'm fairly certain it will 4-4-2 again with following players on the list:

kasper

simpson huth morgan fuchs

mahrez drinkwater amartey albrighton

okazaki slimani

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The forum is back to it's bedwetting best.

Schmeichel

Hernandez Morgan Fuchs

Albrighton Amartey Drinkwater Chilwell

Mahrez -------------- Gray

Slimani

Yeah everyone should be ****ing thrilled how we are defending our title and the general state of the playing squad we have now.

I'd like to see us go with something like:

Schmeichel (c)

Simpson

Huth

Fuchs

Chilwell

Amartey

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Gray

Okazaki

We've got to try something fundamentally different in our approach in possession and apparently 3 at the back is a non-starter.

In my opinion we need a minimum of 2 defenders who don't treat the ball like a contagious disease. Unless we play Wasyl again (one of the few positives today was watching a centre back in a blue shirt at least trying to pass it into midfield) that means either playing Hernandez or Chilwell. Chilwell has earned another start and I'm sure Fuchs could do a decent enough job with Huth next to him.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Schmeichel (c)

Simpson

Huth

Fuchs

Chilwell

Amartey

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Gray

Okazaki

We've got to try something fundamentally different in our approach in possession and apparently 3 at the back is a non-starter.

In my opinion we need a minimum of 2 defenders who don't treat the ball like a contagious disease. Unless we play Wasyl again (one of the few positives today was watching a centre back in a blue shirt at least trying to pass it into midfield) that means either playing Hernandez or Chilwell. Chilwell has earned another start and I'm sure Fuchs could do a decent enough job with Huth next to him.

Pretty negative that like. Basically a 4-6-0 at home to west ham as okazaki will drop too deep. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Pretty negative that like. Basically a 4-6-0 at home to west ham as okazaki will drop too deep. 

Like any formation it's as positive or as negative as we want it to be.

Id suggest that any formation which sets up with defenders capable of playing the ball forwards on the floor will make us a lot more potent going forward.

Chelsea started today without a centre forward and won 3-0. Okazaki is a proven number 9 in Germany and is an intelligent enough player not to drop off if that isn't his role.

That said we all know it will be 4-4-2 with a Simpson-Morgan-Huth-Fuchs back 4.

12 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Schmeichel (c)

Simpson

Huth

Fuchs

Chilwell

Amartey

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Gray

Okazaki

Yep, I can see that. As long as Amartey's only job is to run around a bit and win possession back, I'm happy enough.

King and Drinkwater can hopefully then feed the wide men with some decent ball.

My only concern is if Shinji doesn't score, who gets the goals?

i would love sir claudio to try 3-5-2 for a few games games to see how it goes (it cant be much worse than at the minute) something like this
schmeichel

hernandez huth fuchs

gray drinky amartey riyad chilwell

ulloa slimani

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, char123 said:

i would love sir claudio to try 3-5-2 for a few games games to see how it goes (it cant be much worse than at the minute) something like this
schmeichel

hernandez huth fuchs

gray drinky amartey riyad chilwell

ulloa slimani

So you'd go for ZERO pace up top? What would be the approach? Lobbing the high ball in from the flanks?

So you'd go for ZERO pace up top? What would be the approach? Lobbing the high ball in from the flanks?

no not lobbing balls in from the flanks, its called crossing balls into players who are good with their heads and has been happening for years effectively. if he insists on playing slimani who is without a doubt shit with his feet but good with his head why not play to his strengths and ulloas. what pace do we have apart from musa who has had zero game time?

We're obviously going to play 4-4-2 so id go with:

GK: Kasper

RB: Simpson

CB: Huth

CB: Morgan

LB: Chilwell

RM: Gray

CM: Drinkwater

CM: Amartey

LM: Fuchs

ST: Ulloa

ST: Musa

what makes you think he will go with 4-4-2 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Easy solution to guess the team. Make the most common sense selection based on ability and performance and then pick something opposite.

Gray and most certainly be dropped whilst Albrighton and slimani start.

....and we wonder why we are where we are.

Easy solution to guess the team. Make the most common sense selection based on ability and performance and then pick something opposite.

Gray and most certainly be dropped whilst Albrighton and slimani start.

....and we wonder why we are where we are.

exactly, i said in another thread, hopefully the ACON will force his hand and make him change it a lot which may give a lot of players who should be playing now a proper chance

26 minutes ago, char123 said:

no not lobbing balls in from the flanks, its called crossing balls into players who are good with their heads and has been happening for years effectively. if he insists on playing slimani who is without a doubt shit with his feet but good with his head why not play to his strengths and ulloas. what pace do we have apart from musa who has had zero game time?

And who provides the supply?

Are we bringing Guppy back from retirement? Or Stevie Lynex?

lol

I don't mean to be facetious, but our creativity in supply is shocking in this team. I fear we'd have both Slim and Ulloa isolated because little was getting to them to attack.

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Kasper 

Simpson 

Morgan 

Huth 

Chillwell 

Gray 

Drinky 

Amartey 

Amartey 

Mahrez 

Okazaki 

Ulloa

Two Amarty's have to be better than one. Just hope the ref don't do a head count. We should be fine.

Archived