Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

Mahrez has to play, to be missing three starters on Boxing Day and then to bench a fourth, and our most creative player, was criminal. I know he can look like he doesn't give a toss sometimes but then he'll give you three seconds of brilliance and bang we've scored.

Going for solid and dull made us absolutely toothless on Monday.

I've given up on us trying some new radical formation and abandoning the 4-4-2.

They're in form we're not, I'm hoping for some Man City kind of miracle result.

33 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Albrighton and king must be replaced, if slimani confidence is that low put musa and Big Leo up top, Okazaki isn't the answer, if you have a big lad up top, we need pace as well.

That's what I've thought, before this. Musa might be rough around the edges but he is fit and his pace surely is worth trying out for the first half. Last season, there were numerous matches in which Vardy didn't score but his pace was still enough to give the opposition fits and the pressure opened them up for others to score.

West Ham are in form but they've played 3 teams in a row with no attacking threat. Hopefully Claudio will be mindful of that and inject as much pace as possible into the lineup.

Based on absolutely nothing, I've got a really good feeling about this match. Reckon it will be one of our best performances this season and we'll come away with a heroic and convincing 3 points.

Schmeichel

Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Albrighton - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Chilwell

Drinkwater - Amartey

Mahrez - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gray

Slimani

It could backfire but that's exactly what we've done for the last two months anyway.

Slimani has had some success as a lone forward. This could be the answer.

It allows Chilwell and Albrighton to attack too, having three behind them. I think Fuchs could play that role.

You also require less defensively from Mahrez and Gray.

EDIT: Slightly pointless post as there's no way on earth he'll do it.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Schmeichel

Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Albrighton - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Chilwell

Drinkwater - Amartey

Mahrez - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gray

Slimani

It could backfire but that's exactly what we've done for the last two months anyway.

Slimani has had some success as a lone forward. This could be the answer.

It allows Chilwell and Albrighton to attack too, having three behind them. I think Fuchs could play that role.

You also require less defensively from Mahrez and Gray.

I like the look of this but sadly I don't think it's anywhere near Ranieri's thinking. Pretty much said he hated this formation last pre-season didn't he

Archived