Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

And who provides the supply?

Are we bringing Guppy back from retirement? Or Stevie Lynex?

lol

I don't mean to be facetious, but our creativity in supply is shocking in this team. I fear we'd have both Slim and Ulloa isolated because little was getting to them to attack.

im sure based on the performances ive seen of chilwell he could swing some great crosses in and i know gray could given game time. i am a massive fan of gray but at the moment he doesnt seem to know where to go without asking ranieri. wether that is something to do with the reported falling out between the two or not having enough game time im not sure. personally as well i would like to see us go for schneiderlin if we dont explore any other avenues which we definately need to as well as central defence

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Would it be worth playing Fuchs and Chilwell as the full backs and dropping Simpson? Whoever would be playing on the right would be cutting inside making it a bit easier for thier opposite number to second guess them. Might still be a better option than Simpson who treats the ball like a grenade at times.

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Would it be worth playing Fuchs and Chilwell as the full backs and dropping Simpson? Whoever would be playing on the right would be cutting inside making it a bit easier for thier opposite number to second guess them. Might still be a better option than Simpson who treats the ball like a grenade at times.

Simpson's been arguably our best 'defender' this season. Certainly not the one who deserves dropping out of that defence.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Yeah sure, out of the all the players who are playing awful, lets drop the one player who has kept up his performances from last season. If we want chilwell to play, which is certainly deserved after his performance yesterday then it should be Fuchs who gets dropped.

The main problem is CBs who can be caught out through lack of pace and what appears to be a lack of concentration.

Chilwell acquitted himself well.Its good to have options at LB. Its not long ago that was a problem position.We now need strengthening at CB.

Chilwell was a threat going forward and excellent at the back yesterday, so definitely a difficult choice for Ranieri. I thought Simpson played well too to be honest. The first goal was a mix-up between Wasyl and Wes as they ran into each other, meaning Wasyl was off balance and unable to get the block in properly, or at least let it go to Schmeichel, who would have saved it. So I think it's a case of securing a decent CB partnership. At the moment, that's probably Huth and Morgan again...but one or both need replacing sharpish.

As much as we all know it'll be 4-4-2 with pretty much the same players, i'd really like to see us go back to 3 at the back. I think it's going to take a tactic change like that to give the players a feeling of a fresh start and help get us out of this rut. I remember we went to a 3 at the back early in the second half away at Chelsea and before Ranieri killed our momentum with some characteristically bizarre substitutions, we were all over them and looked like we could get back into the game.

Might be worth trying to copy Chelsea as although they've got different (and much better) players, that system is obviously working against most Prem teams' 4-2-3-1. I'd try this (with Vards coming in for Shinj when he's back) :  

Schmeichel

Morgan Huth Fuchs

Albrighton Amartey Drinkwater Chilwell

Mahrez  Shinj  Gray

In this transfer window, I think we so desperately need a centre half who can actually pass and is comfortable on the ball as all this lot can do when they get it is pass back to Kasper who hoofs it up field. Doing this means we then have to fight for a 50/50 ball and hope it runs fortunately to one of our attackers to try and mount an attack.

1 hour ago, flattmint said:

As much as we all know it'll be 4-4-2 with pretty much the same players, i'd really like to see us go back to 3 at the back. I think it's going to take a tactic change like that to give the players a feeling of a fresh start and help get us out of this rut. I remember we went to a 3 at the back early in the second half away at Chelsea and before Ranieri killed our momentum with some characteristically bizarre substitutions, we were all over them and looked like we could get back into the game.

Might be worth trying to copy Chelsea as although they've got different (and much better) players, that system is obviously working against most Prem teams' 4-2-3-1. I'd try this (with Vards coming in for Shinj when he's back) :  

Schmeichel

Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez  Shinj  Gray

In this transfer window, I think we so desperately need a centre half who can actually pass and is comfortable on the ball as all this lot can do when they get it is pass back to Kasper who hoofs it up field. Doing this means we then have to fight for a 50/50 ball and hope it runs fortunately to one of our attackers to try and mount an attack.

Ulloa for Shinji and I'd be happy with that. But it'll be (a version of) 442 once again. In which case I'd go:

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Chilwell

Drinky

Amartey

Mahrez

Gray
Albrighton

Ulloa

Any good ideas for formation and selection will completely bypass CR, so it'll be "the usual bunch" in a 442. What I'd like to see is:

Kasper

Simpson (gotta be a worry that he's on 7 yellows we're not well covered at RB)

Morgan (We're lacking a suitable alternative could do with the Morgan of last year)

Huth

Chilwell (He'll not get a start, but his desire and enthusiasm is just what we need right now)

Armartey (Steadily improving, could provide some of the cover that is lacking for our back line)

Drinkwater (Need him at his best)

Mendy (Needs game time and here it is...Risk worth taking imo)

Mahrez (fear he would probably play keep-ball coz his mates not in the line up though)

Gray (may as well play in a position where he wants to be....except £29M spent wasted will determine the starter ahead of him)

Ulloa (showed more in a couple of minutes yesterday that he should start in front of Slimani (someone called him a lamp post....but at least there's a chance of a ball coming back to you if you kick it against a lamp post....bring him on after an hour to prove to us how wrong we are......providing we are at least 3 up at the time)

Front two would be a something of a gamble, but It'll never happen, but as I wrote, it's what I'd like to see

I've just watched 30 mins of highlights twice through from yesterday, the crown of thorns still huts a bit but it's stopped bleeding.....and we were the better team yesterday, but still dis-spirited biggest problem we have currently is desire to win. I often wonder if the players sit down and review their own performances outside of the confines of the club when things aren't going well to assess where they are lacking, I suspect not.

23 hours ago, Manini said:

Watched Leicester for long enough to know we'll nick this 2-1 

Watched Leicester long enough to know that if ever there was a team that could win the league and then get relegated it would be us.

I think we will stay up comfortably but we have always been a side that doesn't follow the norm. We need points and sharpish

6 hours ago, flattmint said:

Schmeichel

Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez  Shinj  Gray

Ulloa > shinji = perfect

11 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Watched Leicester long enough to know that if ever there was a team that could win the league and then get relegated it would be us.

I think we will stay up comfortably but we have always been a side that doesn't follow the norm. We need points and sharpish

... haha ... agree with you there in the first paragraph ( oh the joy of lovingly following this bl@ody club!) ....

I really, really hope your right in the second, but I just don't see us turning in any points on the back of the last couple of games! 

It is going to take a stroke of luck and genius in January to rejuvenate the team and galvanise them to the lean, mean 1-0 machine of last season ... C'mon City!

Chilwell was comfortably man of the match against Everton but let's not forget how consistent Fuchs has been..... I do think it's harsh dropping chilwell but please also cast minds back to his previous 2 performances against Porto and Chelsea, got hammered in both those games. Fuchs to start for me plus ulloa and gray have to start and Albrighton needs dropping

If we're rigidly stuck to two strikers, two wingers I'd not mind this:

Schmeichel

Simpsons

Huth

Fuchs

Chilwell

Grey

Mendy

Amartey

Mahrez

Okazaki

Ulloa.

Gives us an extra ball player in defence and two defensive mids should help free up grey and mahrez to push forward.

33 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Chilwell was comfortably man of the match against Everton but let's not forget how consistent Fuchs has been..... I do think it's harsh dropping chilwell but please also cast minds back to his previous 2 performances against Porto and Chelsea, got hammered in both those games. Fuchs to start for me plus ulloa and gray have to start and Albrighton needs dropping

I agree with you to be honest. I don't think we can drop Fuchs and I don't think Ranieri will. So Huth comes in for Wasilewski. I would play Gray aswell and I would give Ulloa a run now rather than wait till Slimani leaves for African Cup and the same with Mahrez. Maybe look at Musa for his pace and play him in the Vardy position though I don't think West Ham will be quaking at all. Cripes.

Archived