Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

Thoughts and predictions?

Does Fuchs get back in? Probably, but I'll at least put the question out there.

Drinkwater to start? Mendy? I think Amartey deserves to keep his place.

Wingers? Strikers? Gray was lively and looked sharp, but in the end, he didn't actually do much. Ulloa looks better than Slimani to me. Okazaki picked up a knock. Does Musa deserve a chance (before going to AFCON)?

Think we should put out the fringe players for the next two league games and prioritise the FA Cup! Worked well for Pardew last season......

II hate to think what mess ranieri will make of this team selection. For me chilwell and gray must start plus ulloa. Mahrez needs a few games out the squad and slim and okazaki on the bench. Play ulloa and musa up front and let's at least attempt to play with the same tempo we did last season. 

Guest CityFan 06

I really feel a formation change would benefit this squad, something I've said for numerous weeks now. However, the dilemma lies where the players are happy with 4-4-2. A formation change will only ever work if the players are willing to try it out.

II hate to think what mess ranieri will make of this team selection. For me chilwell and gray must start plus ulloa. Mahrez needs a few games out the squad and slim and okazaki on the bench. Play ulloa and musa up front and let's at least attempt to play with the same tempo we did last season.

This..nothing else has worked so far. 

3 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Another defeat, we are going down.

First of all, I think we will be fine. Just. We'll have to get used to some pretty unsettling results, followed by a few great ones. Consistency has long gone out of the window, we're probably the most erratic team out there right now.

Secondly, there are luckily still three to four teams worse than us in the Premier League right now. Sunderland, Swansea, Hull, potentially Burnley and Middlesbrough could also face an uphill struggle in the second half of this season.

4 minutes ago, FireFox said:

2 or 3 in the middle had nothing to do about how we conceded, both times.

Probably not but it's also not the sole solution  to our problems which is much more down to under performing players who aren't just going to all of a sudden play better if we go to 3 in midfield or any other formation people come up with.

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Try something different! Please! 442 was great last year, it was great in 1993 too but that doesn't mean you stick by it regardless. Stop being stubborn and show some innovation. 

Chicken or egg question here. Is it really the formation that is the problem or is it our players who are underperforming? Or have we simply found our true level?

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The forum is back to it's bedwetting best.

Schmeichel

Hernandez Morgan Fuchs

Albrighton Amartey Drinkwater Chilwell

Mahrez -------------- Gray

Slimani

This is what I would love to see and it looks like it would compliment our players perfectly, the question is why not try it, we can't do any worse then we have recently.

Would also keep Gray and Chilwell in, show them that patience and good performances will be rewarded.

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Chicken or egg question here. Is it really the formation that is the problem or is it our players who are underperforming? Or have we simply found our true level?

It's a stretch to argue that a side which finishes as Champions one year can be finding its level at 16th a few months later. The formation isn't necessarily our problem, the bigger issue would probably be our inability to tweak it every so often.

But whatever formation you play, there were performances today - from Albrighton, Slimani, Morgan, Wasilewski - which you can't expect to get away with. You can perhaps have a player or two who are that out of sorts, but there were simply too many. Your first touch, your pace, your willingness to go up for a 50-50, your watching of the line, your ability to cross the ball or lay off a six yard pass or stay on your feet - they're all pretty much the same in a 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3.

I would have a complete overhaul after that. Why not? 3-5-2 it is.

GK:Kasper

CB: Chilwell

CB: Huth

CB: Hernandez

LWB: Fuchs

RWB: Albrighton

MC: Drinkwater

MC: Mendy

MC: Barnes

ST: Ulloa

ST: Musa

Subs: Zieler, Morgan, Amartey, Gray, Simpson, King, Ozazaki.

Archived