Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

Interested in Fuchs & Chilwell linking up on the left. Can't hurt to try, will give good defensive cover (part reason why Claudio doesn't want to drop Albrighton?) and Fuchs is arguably our best crosser. Lack of pace doesn't bother me, Albrighton's hardly fast, would be nice to have someone who can go down the wing instead of cutting in every time.

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Interested in Fuchs & Chilwell linking up on the left. Can't hurt to try, will give good defensive cover (part reason why Claudio doesn't want to drop Albrighton?) and Fuchs is arguably our best crosser. Lack of pace doesn't bother me, Albrighton's hardly fast, would be nice to have someone who can go down the wing instead of cutting in every time.

Fuchs could provide a nice outlet for Chillwell's runs, and it wouldn't necessarily upset the team too badly.

That said - where does Gray slot in? 

22 hours ago, GloverFox said:

... haha ... agree with you there in the first paragraph ( oh the joy of lovingly following this bl@ody club!) ....

I really, really hope your right in the second, but I just don't see us turning in any points on the back of the last couple of games! 

It is going to take a stroke of luck and genius in January to rejuvenate the team and galvanise them to the lean, mean 1-0 machine of last season ... C'mon City!

:) The cross we all have to bear. Love the club but given me some immense highs and immense lows. 

I think lcfc is a bi-polar football club! One things for sure though it's never boring.. Well never for long anyway

19 hours ago, boosmanana said:

352/532

Kasper

Huth                      Morgan                         Fuchs

Albrighton                                                                                                         Chilwell 

Drinkwater             Amartey

Mahrez

Ulloa                              Gray

I like this team but I am sure that Claudio will not go with this formation. I can't think why. Incidentally what has happened to Schlupp? He would have been ideal replacement as a left wing back and certainly he would have been last season but has bombed in his performances this year including at Porto. He has to play Ulloa and give the guy a chance otherwise he's on his way and we have no centre forward for whole of January with the Africa Nations Cup.

4 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I like this team but I am sure that Claudio will not go with this formation. I can't think why. Incidentally what has happened to Schlupp? He would have been ideal replacement as a left wing back and certainly he would have been last season but has bombed in his performances this year including at Porto. He has to play Ulloa and give the guy a chance otherwise he's on his way and we have no centre forward for whole of January with the Africa Nations Cup.

I like that line up, Plenty of defensive cover and plenty of attacking threat. Doubt he will drop Slim though. 

The final game of 2016 looms and our results desperately need to change right here and right now. No more shudda..wudda..cudda...it's time to turn this around and go into 2017 with 3 points which will then hopefully kick- start a good run that moves us up and onwards. Yes, performances have been poor but decisions and luck seem to be going against us so heres hoping our lucky omen can start working the magic once more!

IMG_7789.JPG

6 minutes ago, jet64 said:

The final game of 2016 looms and our results desperately need to change right here and right now. No more shudda..wudda..cudda...it's time to turn this around and go into 2017 with 3 points which will then hopefully kick- start a good run that moves us up and onwards. Yes, performances have been poor but decisions and luck seem to be going against us so heres hoping our lucky omen can start working the magic once more!

IMG_7789.JPG

Power to the People! 

0030411300000258-3230117-image-a-106_1441933056190.jpg

Can't see anything other than a loss im afraid. West Ham have pulled themselves together whilst we are falling apart.

If changes were made we are more than capable of winning this match however i can guarantee Gray will be dropped back to the bench and Slimani will keep his place upfront.

We can't really complain about our league position because we are making a rod for our own back. It's just a shame that everyone but Ranieri can see whats wrong.

3 hours ago, jet64 said:

IMG_7789.JPG

Fingers crossed :fc: buddy

2 matches coming up with with just 43 and a half hours between one ending and the other starting. It's going to have to be 2 different teams for both matches am afraid. Boro are likely to play a weakened team v United away on Saturday seeing the home match v us as a better chance for points.

Not sure anyones considered this when picking their line ups but anyone you leave out on Saturday will start on Monday.

I think Wes / Was for Saturday and Huth / Hernandez on Monday . Amartey and King on Saturday and Drinky and Mendy on Monday. Mahrez and Musa Saturday and Gray and Albrighton on Monday. Slimani Saturday and Ulloa on Monday.

Also Chilwell on Saturday and Fuchs on Monday.

Guest CityFan 06

As I expected, West Ham have really started to pick up now. Hopefully in the long run we will start to do the same. I think both sides are capable of a top half finish. Like us, I think they've got enough quality to stay up - Ayew was a good signing, I like him. Payet on his day is world class. Reid is a solid defender. Across the team I feel they've got enough and before the season I even predicted them to finish 5th. Before the season began I thought both West Ham and Leicester wouldn't be involved in a relegation battle, and as the season goes on I think we will both pull away.

My lineup would be:

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mendy

Drinkwater King

Mahrez Musa Gray

Archived