Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

West Ham (Home) Pre-Match Thread

Stat time

• Leicester are unbeaten in their last three in the Premier League against West Ham (W2 D1) - they've never gone four without defeat against the Hammers in the Premier League.
  • West Ham last failed to score against Leicester in a league match in August 2004 (in the Championship).
  • West Ham have only beaten the reigning Premier League champions once in an away match (D1 L18), beating Manchester United 1-0 in December 2001.
  • Leicester City haven't lost their final league match of a calendar year since 2010, winning three and drawing two in the five years since.
  • The Foxes have lost two of their last four home Premier League games - as many as they'd lost in their previous 31 top-flight matches at the King Power Stadium.
  • West Ham have won their last three Premier League games - they last won four consecutively in February 2014.
  • Leicester are without a clean sheet in any of their last 11 Premier League games, their worst run since August 2014 (also 11 games). They last went on a longer run in April 2002, when they went 14 top-flight games without a shutout.
  • Since the start of last season, Michail Antonio has scored 16 Premier League goals for West Ham - five more than any other Hammers player (Payet and Carroll on 11).
  • Foxes midfielder Andy King's last league brace came against West Ham in a Championship encounter in October 2011.
  • Leicester have made the second worst start by a top-flight reigning champion after 18 games (17 points), since Ipswich Town in 1962/63 (15 points, assuming three for a win).

We really can't afford to lose this one if we don't want to get sucked into the middle of a relegation scrap.

If we win, it will drag us out of immediate danger.

Lose, and with our atrocious away form and difficult home fixtures coming up, we could well end up being in the bottom 3 going into March.

I'd stick with my FM formation, Claudio if you want further details PM ;)

--------------------------------------SCHMEICHEL---------------------------------------------

---SIMPSON----------MORGAN(c)-----------------HUTH------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------FUCHS-------- <-slightly higher, Wing Back position

------------------------AMARTEY-------------------------------------------------------------- <-Amartey dropping back infront of the defense as a ball winner when defending

--------------------------------------------DRINKWATER--------------------------------------

---MAHREZ-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------KING--------------OKAZAKI---------------------------------------- <-Okazaki can shift alongside King over to support Fuchs on the left who comes forward to draw the space for Mahrez on the right

-------------------------------------SLIMANI---------------------------------------------------- <- Slimani support target man, looking for runs of Mahrez

Bench: ZIELER, HERNANDEZ, CHILWELL, ALBRIGHTON, MUSA, ULLOA, GRAY

----------------------Kasper

--------------Huth----Morgan----Fuchs

Albrighton-----Mendy----Drinkwater-------Chilwell

----------------------Mahrez

-----------------Ulloa----Okazaki

Hard workers with extra support for the weak defence. We just need to grind out a result, even if this gets us to 0-0 after an hour before bringing on some more creativity. 4-4-2 has to go, whatever the players/manager want. 

25 minutes ago, sdb said:

Hard workers with extra support for the weak defence. We just need to grind out a result, even if this gets us to 0-0 after an hour before bringing on some more creativity. 4-4-2 has to go, whatever the players/manager want. 

Would like us to try this, but swap Morgan and Huth around or play Hernandez on the right and see how that goes.

Guest seanfox778

I'd like to see Ulloa and Musa up top, throwback to the days of Deane and Dickov. Long kick from Kasper, flick on from Leo and a neat finish from Musa. If only it were so simple. 

2 hours ago, sdb said:

Looks good to me. It is essential that Mahrez is given a free role as in his current  position he is too restricted and predictable. Claudio unable to get the team playing with high tempo at the start is very worrying. I do not agree that Mahrez has lost his form (see Man. City game), he just needs a change of position.

18 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

People saying start X and drop Z need to bear in mind that Z will then start on Monday.

There's less than 48 hours between the matches so we'd be mad to start the same team twice!!

They've had 3 months off, they can do 2 games in 72 hours!!!

1 hour ago, Pete Campbell said:

Yeh I'm a bit thick

Well no, I have a question.

Vardy, got a straight red card, got a 3 match ban.

Redmond, got a straight red card but according to my Premier League app he should be available again on the 2nd January, so if that is correct he's only got a 1 match ban?

Is that correct or is the app wrong, if it's correct why the difference?

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well no, I have a question.

Vardy, got a straight red card, got a 3 match ban.

Redmond, got a straight red card but according to my Premier League app he should be available again on the 2nd January, so if that is correct he's only got a 1 match ban?

Is that correct or is the app wrong, if it's correct why the difference?

I've not seen Redmond's red card, but I read that his red card was from preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity rather than 'violent conduct' like Vardy's was.

If so the punishment for a preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity is a one match ban, where as violent conduct is minimum of three matches. Hence the difference.  

Archived