Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Southwest

Derby away fa cup

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Any free parking in Derby ?

You'll struggle unless you want to chance it at the KFC or Pizza Hut down the road, or the Sainsbury's which is round the corner from that off the A52 junction. Not sure whether they have spotters out on matchdays.

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You'll struggle unless you want to chance it at the KFC or Pizza Hut down the road, or the Sainsbury's which is round the corner from that off the A52 junction. Not sure whether they have spotters out on matchdays.

shite that.

no shit side roads or anything within like a 10 minute walk? i don't mind paying tbf just be arsed waiting around after the game to get out of one of them arsehole matchday parking joints. 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Members of the 5,400-strong contingent of City fans wishing to travel back to either Loughborough or Leicester can take the 10.19pm late service from Derby station, positioned just 2.2 miles from Pride Park.

Or... 600yards... 

I like the fact that 22:19 is deemed "late". Just shows the poor infrastructure of most places in the UK. Only London is up to scratch.

19 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

shite that.

no shit side roads or anything within like a 10 minute walk? i don't mind paying tbf just be arsed waiting around after the game to get out of one of them arsehole matchday parking joints. 

Almost everywhere within a 10 minute walk is industrial estate with double yellows or edge of the town centre. My missus works round the corner from the ground and they usually have the anti-parking cones out fairly early if I've ever had to drop her off on a matchday.

If you're taking a punt I reckon the Sainsbury's off Wyvern Way might be a reasonable bet. I popped in there once about half an hour after a game and I'm sure there were folks in colours hopping into cars. Probably the same score as Freemen's Common in Leicester if there are parking attendants knocking about though, just don't show any colours.

16 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I like the fact that 22:19 is deemed "late". Just shows the poor infrastructure of most places in the UK. Only London is up to scratch.

Yep! It basically gives half an hour accounting for no long halves or over generous half time... which is fine as you can walk there in ten mins... but the station is going to be heaving! 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Almost everywhere within a 10 minute walk is industrial estate with double yellows or edge of the town centre. My missus works round the corner from the ground and they usually have the anti-parking cones out fairly early if I've ever had to drop her off on a matchday.

If you're taking a punt I reckon the Sainsbury's off Wyvern Way might be a reasonable bet. I popped in there once about half an hour after a game and I'm sure there were folks in colours hopping into cars. Probably the same score as Freemen's Common in Leicester if there are parking attendants knocking about though, just don't show any colours.

Think I will just pay a few £s and park at some industrial estate they open up.Might be rushing it though depending on my mates train back to Cambridge from the big smoke.

Really hate sitting about after the game,I made a huge mistake at Watford the other month thinking it would be full of shoppers and not football fans  in the multi storey.Took me longer to get out than getting back to Cambridge from there!

However Man Utd away the guy was waiting for me.Last car out.To busy still singing inside and out.Although the M6 holdup put me back in my place.

Really can't remember where I've parked before and I've been 4/5 times.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

shite that.

Thought about train? It's only 15 min walk.

I was going to get train but driving will be easier I think.

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Thought about train? It's only 15 min walk.

I was going to get train but driving will be easier I think.

yeh i would've trained it normally i reckon, but i'm going from leeds and heading back to livpool for the weekend so gonna need the car with me at some stage. so gotta drive. no drinking either booo.

also bloody pricey. would rather take the risk in abbey street car park. £3.50 a day. 

According to the www it's only £2 from 6pm till 3:30am. We're doing this, saves faffing around.

Looking at ticket sales it appears they have over 4,000 remaining in the home end excluding hospitality.

17 hours ago, jordanlcfc said:

Leaving Swindon at the earliest 4pm, Hopefully no traffic and can make the game in time! 

You are cutting it a bit fine. Traffic has been terrible this week what with the fog & bad weather.

Get gone by half three latest.

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

You are cutting it a bit fine. Traffic has been terrible this week what with the fog & bad weather.

Get gone by half three latest.

I'm leaving Warwick just after 4 and panicking about getting there on time. M1 is always fecked on a Friday between Leicester and Notts.

10 hours ago, blueblood74 said:

According to the www it's only £2 from 6pm till 3:30am. We're doing this, saves faffing around.

Looking at ticket sales it appears they have over 4,000 remaining in the home end excluding hospitality.

i will be there before 6 if any luck but it is my 3rd back up. 

Archived