Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

North or South - Poll Added.

North or South  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel like you're a.........

• Northerner
    • Southerner

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's the threat of violence.

I genuinely fear for outsiders that come to Leicester and don't learn quickly that a small, round bread object is a "cob" and never anything else.

I think cobs are crusty and baps are soft - its how I've tried to explain it to foreigners.

Don't get me started on 'rolls' though - they should be sauce hot dog shaped and actually able to be rollable or get out.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Why would you go to the Dales when you can drive for another hour or so and be in the Lake District?

Yeah but why would you buy chips in Rothley when you can drive ten minutes down the road to Birstall fisheries?

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Cause Rothley's a far superior chipshop to Birstall

Perfect example of northern misguidedness, right here - you see the difference now that just three miles makes? No wonder Yorkshire is in the state its in.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Do you reckon every country our size has this phenomena of people from one side pretending they're vastly different to the practically identical folk a hundred odd miles up the road?

In America, 100 years is a long time. In Europe, 100 miles is a long way.

I bet most countries of our size have similar differences over such small distances. Australia would be an interesting one? Is there much of a debate/rivalry between the East and West?

8 minutes ago, Hollism said:

In America, 100 years is a long time. In Europe, 100 miles is a long way.

I bet most countries of our size have similar differences over such small distances. Australia would be an interesting one? Is there much of a debate/rivalry between the East and West?

Well yeah, there's a reason I specified "of our size."

I mean you go halfway across Russia, China or India and you literally cross numerous culture groups - some vastly different!

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think cobs are crusty and baps are soft - its how I've tried to explain it to foreigners.

Don't get me started on 'rolls' though - they should be sauce hot dog shaped and actually able to be rollable or get out.

Either a cob or a bap would get you blank looks down here.

its a crusty roll or a soft roll.  Very simple really.  Or a hot dog roll.  See?

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

PS: Yorkshire is a ****ing hole and everyone from there sounds awful.

clearly you're not cultured enough to enjoy fine things like yorkshire 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

its a crusty roll or a soft roll.  Very simple really.  Or a hot dog roll.  See?

That's incorrect buddy, I've looked it up:

"Cob"

noun: crusty circular bread 

'He ate his cob like a true Leicester fan from Leicester'

Adj: To throw with vigour

'He threatened to cob Jon over the fence as he was being a daft Yorkshireman'

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

That's incorrect buddy, I've looked it up:

"Cob"

noun: crusty circular bread 

'He ate his cob like a true Leicester fan from Leicester'

Adj: To throw with vigour

'He threatened to cob Jon over the fence as he was being a daft Yorkshireman'

I'm about as far from a Yorkshireman as you can get.  I'm from Surrey.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Do you reckon every country our size has this phenomena of people from one side pretending they're vastly different to the practically identical folk a hundred odd miles up the road?

How about Flemish and Walloon communities in Belgium?  

DON'T START ME OFF DOWN THAT ROAD.......

joe-heart-itsok2.png

That cvnt did the Plusnet ad that said 'good honest broadband from Yorkshire'. I live in Leicester pal, good honest broadband from Yorkshire is fvck all use to me. You can see why BT rebranded it.

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

I wish the good folk of Leicester had as much pride in the place as Yorkshire folk do about Yorkshire.

I think that's too much but I must admit the strength of the "Yoooooooorkshire" chant at gigs is pretty good.

Yorkshire definitely isn't a hole either.

Archived