Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Kante has a unique style that is now flavour of the year, everyone has to have a Kante or be the next Kante. Ndidi has some qualities, Kante could only dream about and Ndidi the same with N'Golo. What's important to me is in the last two games Ndidi has formed a partnership with Drinkwater which has energized this team.

Ndidi has a sublime range of passing for a player supposedly iffy at passing and for a team that has struggled all year to get from defence to midfield and then on the attack. Ndidi has revitalized us and we now are starting to string some moves together that teams can't deal with. He's also incredibly good in the air which is a massive help at set pieces and in front of the back four when the ball is pinged about. Vs Liverpool there were 3 or 4 occasions he completely nullified a dangerous opening. The Kante comparison with tackles and interceptions in the last two games suggest he's more than able to nick the ball time and time again. He looks a beast in the making.

Lastly, this man will score a fair few goals too. He's going to be a massive asset to us if we can keep hold of him. There are weaknesses to iron out, his positioning at times is nowhere near the level of Kante or some seasoned pro's. But right now everything considered he is an indispensable player for us at a crucial stage of a crucial season.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Kante has a unique style that is now flavour of the year, everyone has to have a Kante or be the next Kante. Ndidi has some qualities, Kante could only dream about and Ndidi the same with N'Golo. What's important to me is in the last two games Ndidi has formed a partnership with Drinkwater which has energized this team.

Ndidi has a sublime range of passing for a player supposedly iffy at passing and for a team that has struggled all year to get from defence to midfield and then on the attack. Ndidi has revitalized us and we now are starting to string some moves together that teams can't deal with. He's also incredibly good in the air which is a massive help at set pieces and in front of the back four when the ball is pinged about. Vs Liverpool there were 3 or 4 occasions he completely nullified a dangerous opening. The Kante comparison with tackles and interceptions in the last two games suggest he's more than able to nick the ball time and time again. He looks a beast in the making.

Lastly, this man will score a fair few goals too. He's going to be a massive asset to us if we can keep hold of him. There are weaknesses to iron out, his positioning at times is nowhere near the level of Kante or some seasoned pro's. But right now everything considered he is an indispensable player for us at a crucial stage of a crucial season.

I agree with the goals. He could

get at least 5 goals in the league next season from long shots or set pieces.

I'll say again..I think Kante is probably the best in the world currently at what he does. He's a destroyer really, who breaks up opposition attacks for fun AND gets the team he's playing for, going forward quickly.

BUT, I think Ndidi will become a better all round footballer than Kante. He's more skillful, has a better shot on him, is better in the air and I think will be a better passer of the ball. I think we've uncovered another little gem in Ndidi.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Another great post of yours.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A bit glowing given the mistakes he's made but it's never easy being thrust straight into a team and his range of assets is, as you suggest, exciting.

In some ways he's perhaps more comparable to Vierra than Kante for his ability in the air and threat as an attacker. And as people have come to understand his role and ability so too they've found it easier to show some form.

That said I think the return of Shinji's helped too. He's a strange one to assess but it seems Shinji gives us so close to three in midfield (and the current form and willingness of Albrighton a little more still) that the whole team seems much more free-flowing again because there are people available and looking for the ball so that promising situations don't just fritter away due to lack of numbers and support.

The problem remains though that Shinji's not likely to score many and neither does Albrighton or Drinkwater so we remain a bit blunt in attack. Certainly Vardy and Mahrez are left freer to do what they're good at, and very good they are too when in the mood, but it's vital the two main men in midfield keep posing a threat. There's no reason they shouldn't in the current set-up but Drinky still needs to work on hitting the target as a priority.                  

On 07/03/2017 at 17:37, Wymeswold fox said:

Firmly believe he'll be as good as Kante.

Seems to possess many qualities for his age, his passing can be a downside but so can it all players including those older with strong experience.

What could make him more effective than Kante, is his tall height; which could make him very useful in both defence and in the opposition box.

He's also tactically-aware and good on the ball, components that Amartey in particular has seemed to struggle with.

I believe he will be better than kante IMO. 

Ndidi is going to score some belters. He's got fantastic shooting technique. Not just his goal for Genk or his goal against Derby but he keeps catching his shots very nicely. That volley against Sevilla for example, so easy to completely mess up but he has managed to get power and dip on it. A fair few of them will fly in I reckon.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ndidi is going to score some belters. He's got fantastic shooting technique. Not just his goal for Genk or his goal against Derby but he keeps catching his shots very nicely. That volley against Sevilla for example, so easy to completely mess up but he has managed to get power and dip on it. A fair few of them will fly in I reckon.

He hit a sweet one vs Liverpool that went just wide aswell. He connects with them so well.

At his age Kante hadn't made his first team debut for Boulogne and wasn't to make his name until they were relegated to the third tier a year or two later.

Means nothing I know, but Ndidi could be outrageous. 

21 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

At his age Kante hadn't made his first team debut for Boulogne and wasn't to make his name until they were relegated to the third tier a year or two later.

Means nothing I know, but Ndidi could be outrageous. 

If he's as good as everyone is hoping, he'll be gone by the time he's Kante's age.

Guest CityFan 06

It made me realise the type of player Ndidi could become when he was up against Man Utd's Pogba in the 0-3 defeat this season. He didn't look exposed against one of the world's best midfielders, and put in a superb performance despite the poor result. That night made me realise the calibre of player we have. He has excellent potential, and I think he will play at a high level for years to come.

1 minute ago, CityFan 06 said:

It made me realise the type of player Ndidi could become when he was up against Man Utd's Pogba in the 0-3 defeat this season. He didn't look exposed against one of the world's best midfielders, and put in a superb performance despite the poor result. That night made me realise the calibre of player we have. He has excellent potential, and I think he will play at a high level for years to come.

When he put pogba on his Arse, best moment of 2017 so farlol

20 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Has the potential to be a new Yaya

I don't see him as a Yaya. 

Toure is a big, strong, rampaging midfielder with a powerful shot and surprisingly quick feet. Ndidi looks more lithe, like a modern day Viera imo. He seems to glide over the pitch, rather than bulldoze it, like Toure does.

Ndidi looks more skillful, quicker and a more clever player too. At least, potentially.

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don't see him as a Yaya. 

Toure is a big, strong, rampaging midfielder with a powerful shot and surprisingly quick feet. Ndidi looks more lithe, like a modern day Viera imo. He seems to glide over the pitch, rather than bulldoze it, like Toure does.

Ndidi looks more skillful, quicker and a more clever player too. At least, potentially.

He's built like Vieira aswell, tall and skinny with long legs. 

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's built like Vieira aswell, tall and skinny with long legs. 

Vieira is a good comparison.

N'g is more of a Makele type ....but on speed!

He looks a really good acquisition,clearly set up well before the window.

High hopes,

Archived