Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

18 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think we may see Amartey for him against Everton. I know many, myself included, have started to doubt Amartey's ability as a geunine CM, but I'd be interested to see him start there against Everton and see what he can do. It's been a while since I saw him for any great deai of time. 

N'didi has set the bar very high and has taken no time to settle and adapt to the Premier League, but with some patience, Amartey might develop into a decent option for us there. 

If not, then a future CB perhaps. 

Amartey is not good enough on the ball, he always looks like hes reading instructions in order to sort his feet out.

His only chance with us should be if he can make it as a CB, so agreed on that point.

11 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Amartey is not good enough on the ball, he always looks like hes reading instructions in order to sort his feet out.

His only chance with us should be if he can make it as a CB, so agreed on that point.

? Yes I know what you mean. Still a useful versatile player to have around though.

52 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I suspect the same, but hopefully Everton is a good chance for him at CM. I would be making a decision by the end of the season whether we want him as a CM or CB. 

If it is as a CB, then we need to start using him there in pre-season and seeing how he does. Has he played at CB for us at all yet? I just remember him at RB. 

I know he played at CB in the AFCON and did well. We are short of a young CB or two, so suits us more really. Depends where he sees himself too though. 

Would like to see him and Benny trialed in pre-season or perhaps him and a new signing like Maguire. Future CB pairing perhaps! :thumbup:

If he came for £15mn and someone offers £25mn then if you are the owner does that make for good business? We know contracts count for nothing so if any player wants to go for the right price let them go. It only relies on having a good scouting network and recruitment pipeline.

Ndidi should get more than £25mil. If he continues to progress, a desperate side will overpay. We saw Andre Gomes being linked to most EPL clubs for close to £40 and he never looked played well for Valencia outside of his long shots. 

The only teams in the country that can afford Ndidi and would use him are Chelsea and Man Utd under Conte and Mourinho. I'm assuming this is how the rumor was manufactured because Ndidi is a classic Mourinho midfielder. As long as Chelsea has Matic, I don't see them going for an imposing player in the midfield. 

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

If he came for £15mn and someone offers £25mn then if you are the owner does that make for good business? We know contracts count for nothing so if any player wants to go for the right price let them go. It only relies on having a good scouting network and recruitment pipeline.

That is probably a fair valuation of him right now, but he is worth more to us than £25million in my opinion.

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

"His adaptation at Leicester has been helped by the presence of Ahmed Musa, his international team-mate with Nigeria. Musa has not made the same impact as Ndidi despite arriving last summer with a more accomplished reputation and it may only be slightly harsh to suggest his fortunes have embodied the scattergun thinking of late-Ranieri. But it was Musa who, on the telephone, urged Ndidi to join him in England and who, when his young compatriot arrived, took care of him with simple gestures like driving him to the airport before away games."

Looks like Musa has been useful after all.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

He seems exceptionally grounded and articulate for a 20 year old living thousands of miles away from home. It's got to be good for his future.

In a newspaper article. Have you suffered through one of post-game on-air interviews?

I like the guy, but when I read the article, I got a keen feeling the quotes were a bit massaged.

He has the most potential for a young player in this club and it's not even close, the only name ahead of him in the game sheet is Kasper, n'didi is just amazing to watch, hope we keep him, what a player, he is the wolf of leicester:appl::appl:

It is a valid question but not the kind of talk that interests Ndidi. “I can only see myself as myself,” he says. “Whether people say I play like Kanté, or that he’s better than me, I don’t listen to them. All I want to do is play and keep improving, and it is working well at the moment – we are doing the basic things well and we try to kick on from there. I prefer to enjoy the winning mentality of the team rather than how I play or what I try to achieve.”

A while ago someone said Gray could learn some maturity from him. To be fair, I most people could. I'm almost certain I wasn't that mature at 20. Incredibly excited to have him at the club.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

A while ago someone said Gray could learn some maturity from him. To be fair, I most people could. I'm almost certain I wasn't that mature at 20. Incredibly excited to have him at the club.

To be fair, if it's a Nigerian 20 then it's not that surprising... 

:ph34r:

10 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

"His adaptation at Leicester has been helped by the presence of Ahmed Musa"

What now for Musa, that Ndidi has adapted perfectly? 

I was optimistic of Musa, shame it didn't work out well his first season.  Leicester seems to be a tough team for new players to immediately slot into.  As this point of the season, only Ndidi seems to have secured first-choice status, replacing a player that left the team.  Looking into the future, Benny and Gray's futures seem bright (although to my eyes Gray seems to be playing to catch the attention of scouts, and not playing for the team). 

36 minutes ago, halibut said:

What now for Musa now that Ndidi has adapted perfectly?

Ndidi can return the favour? Now Ndidi has firmly place himself into the core of the side he may be able to make things easier for Musa.

It's wishful thinking (I'm also crazily optimisic that Musa's allegations will focus his mind...) but with only eight games left I see no reason to lay into a usually benched winger.

End of the season though, if there was an offer for him, and he's not improved, and we had a replacement lined up...

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Ndidi can return the favour? Now Ndidi has firmly place himself into the core of the side he may be able to make things easier for Musa.

Makes perfect sense.  I had high hopes for Musa before the season began, hope he sticks around for another year.  Considering our DF roster, I'm sure everyday training toughens up a player quite nicely! 

34 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We're half a team without Wilfred.

Definitely offers a bit more solidity to the midfield. We play with two. Most others play with 3. Without a "special" player I.e. A Kante or an Ndidi (add to that Gueye who looked very good) we are, as you said, half a team who will lose the ball more often.

Archived